johnson county @ Elizabethton

hightower66

The always popular power vs. speed matchup..If J.C. can keep the speed of betsy in check and keep ball control on offence with long drives they should win..on the other hand if Betsy gets the ball to there speed in open space and play good D then they could win either way should be a great game. But i,m goin with Cyclones in this one.

JC 14

Betsy 28

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not being smart with this question cause I really dont know but does the Longhorns have anybody to match the Cyclones speed on the team? The Toppers had (2) kids that were as fast but Ive seen know one as quick as the Itaro kid #25 hes at full speed in about two steps!

If 25 get through the line he will be hard to stop, but if the defence can shut him down that will be the difference in the game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

If 25 get through the line he will be hard to stop, but if the defence can shut him down that will be the difference in the game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Itaro's not the only speed we have and in fact he's not even the fastest person on the team. Last season, Derek Carr went to the TSSAA State Track & Field Championships. These were the 400m results:

1 Whitfield, Justin 11 Dyersburg 49.22

2 Kris, Taylor 11 Hixson High School 49.81

3 Martindale, Austin 10 University School 50.46

4 Gibson, Artaves 09 Mitchell 51.40

5 Crabtree, Rodney 09 Portland 51.97

6 Carr, Derek 11 Elizabethton 52.00

7 Carrington, Aryiane 11 Austin-East HS 52.04

8 Moore, LaDarius 12 Station Camp 52.50

6th in state isn't bad, especially with a sore ankle. If you have anyone on Johnson County that's faster I'd like to see their state results.

Itaro's not the only speed we have and in fact he's not even the fastest person on the team. Last season, Derek Carr went to the TSSAA State Track & Field Championships. These were the 400m results:

6th in state isn't bad, especially with a sore ankle. If you have anyone on Johnson County that's faster I'd like to see their state results.

A football field isn't 400 hundred yards long. We all know Carr is fast, but football fast is what matters. Example, Prudhomme from Johnson County isn't a 4.4 forty guy, but he is football fast, and I have never seen him get caught from behind.

This game is gonna be a barnburner, I think if its a 3 point game Johnson County wins bc of Prudhomme's kicking, but if it gets more than that. Like, if Betsy is up 21-17 and JoCo is trying to score late, betsy wins. That score sounds about good to me, good luck to both teams.

Betsy-21

Joco-17

Im not being smart with this question cause I really dont know but does the Longhorns have anybody to match the Cyclones speed on the team? The Toppers had (2) kids that were as fast but Ive seen know one as quick as the Itaro kid #25 hes at full speed in about two steps!

Maybe not anyone in the 40 but football speed wise I think we have enough. There are not many plays in a game where sheer speed decides the outcome but there obviously can be one here and there. I see a tight game here but I give the edge to JC. 35-21 with it being close until the 4th quarter late. I think we got some things switched around in the second half against Hampton that will improve us drastically. People in the right spots, etc. I dont see a difference in speed being a factor in this game. Both teams know what is at stake, talent wise they are pretty even, and they both should want it. JC pulls this one out due to the experienced Seniors. I think there are about 14 of them and most have played varsity from their Sophmore year on. Good luck to both teams.

Nobody has said that we have anybody that fast, besides speed isn't everything

Elizabethton can brag about their speed all they want. The Horns are tougher on the line and games are won on the line. The Horns line will push the soft Cyclones around all night long! Whooo!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Lets face it Science Hill never came close to pushing the Cyclones around and Im betting althogh I dont know for sure that the Toppers have bigger lineman and depth than Johnson County and I do know that the Cyclones have worked harder than ever in the weight room this year. What on Gods green earth make you think you can push them around because your from Johnson County I dont think so its just about 25 miles from E-Town and that not going make that much difference! And having speed that shows is not bragging so think of this the difference in a running lane being open and being closed on the line is about 1/10 of a second thats why 4.4 speed runs the ball and 5.0 speed blocks! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!

Lets face it Science Hill never came close to pushing the Cyclones around and Im betting althogh I dont know for sure that the Toppers have bigger lineman and depth than Johnson County and I do know that the Cyclones have worked harder than ever in the weight room this year. What on Gods green earth make you think you can push them around because your from Johnson County I dont think so its just about 25 miles from E-Town and that not going make that much difference! And having speed that shows is not bragging so think of this the difference in a running lane being open and being closed on the line is about 1/10 of a second thats why 4.4 speed runs the ball and 5.0 speed blocks! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!

1/10 of a second? Don't kid yourself, this isn't the SEC or anything. There are not many ppl on earth who run 4.4 forties, or many lineman who run 5.0 forties. I am not trying to take away from Carr, he will do his thing, but the whole obsession with his speed is over hyped. There will not be many times in a game you run 40 yards straight, so the whole forty yard dash thing looks great on a resume' but you gotta apply it to games. You can win with a bruising RB who may run a 4.9 or 5.0 or a speedster, obviosuly, with each style of RB you have to have the players that fit it.

I still say Betsy in a squeaker

1/10 of a second? Don't kid yourself, this isn't the SEC or anything. There are not many ppl on earth who run 4.4 forties, or many lineman who run 5.0 forties. I am not trying to take away from Carr, he will do his thing, but the whole obsession with his speed is over hyped. There will not be many times in a game you run 40 yards straight, so the whole forty yard dash thing looks great on a resume' but you gotta apply it to games. You can win with a bruising RB who may run a 4.9 or 5.0 or a speedster, obviosuly, with each style of RB you have to have the players that fit it.

I still say Betsy in a squeaker

http://www.slipstreamtrackclub.com/2008_mountain_lakes.pdf

Broke all Mouantain lakes conference records in the same day /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

http://www.slipstreamtrackclub.com/2008_mountain_lakes.pdf

Broke all Mouantain lakes conference records in the same day /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Ok if we were having a track meet I would give the edge to Besty hands down. But this is football. Getting to space will be the key for the speed guys on both sides. Carr is fast there is no question and i am sure you have other people also but the fact is JC has more speed than they had last year overall so I just cant see speed being the difference. I think this is the best matched game these two teams may have ever had. Let's talk about football and this huge game and not track because it really doesnt matter when the pads go on. The speed is not that far apart overall.