johnson county @ Elizabethton

hightower66

i think it will be a good game. yes it is true derek is fast. football speed or regular speed isn't something i understand. the thing that swings it toward betsy in my opinion is the number of fast kids on the team. multiple tailbacks and multiple fullbacks to choose from depending on the need. from speed demons to hardnosed hitting they have it covered. i'll give the edge to jc for maturity. the problem with this is many of the junior betsy players could care less how mature, big, tough other teams are. they are as used to winning as perhaps jc's seniors, maybe even a bit more. eliz does have a few 300 plus pounders on the line. i would be curious how many jc has and what kind of athletic abilities they have. defense could be a wash between the 2 teams. at the end its who scores the most. i think it will be a tough played game by both teams regardless of the final score. good kids on both sides. good luck to both teams,

GO CYCLONES

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A game for the ages. 'Betsy must not turn the ball over to win. JoCo has alot of containment to take care of. Both have fair passing games. JoCo has more grit. A true coaches game. All signs point to Elizabethton as the stronger team. They are diverse with many athletes. They need polish because they make too many mistakes. JoCo has sheer determination. I see JoCo as the underdog in this one. The kicking game will be a factor. Elizabethton will give THS and SSHS a run for the money but they are not on that level for week 2. I'll take JoCo 21-14. Put the children to bed and lock up the dog this is the game of the week. Rebel Nation.

A game for the ages. 'Betsy must not turn the ball over to win. JoCo has alot of containment to take care of. Both have fair passing games. JoCo has more grit. A true coaches game. All signs point to Elizabethton as the stronger team. They are diverse with many athletes. They need polish because they make too many mistakes. JoCo has sheer determination. I see JoCo as the underdog in this one. The kicking game will be a factor. Elizabethton will give THS and SSHS a run for the money but they are not on that level for week 2. I'll take JoCo 21-14. Put the children to bed and lock up the dog this is the game of the week. Rebel Nation.

Excellent post. Instead of this being bickering by fans I think the focus needs to be on these kids who have been playing ball against each other for the last decade at some level. This year both teams have the potential to do great things and it is not loopsided one way or the other on the talent pool. This game is to stay in the race for a home playoff game. I originally picked East at 4th over Besty but I dont see that happening. I see Besty making the playoffs and the winner of this game is one upset away from hosting a game. I agree this is the game of the week against two quality teams.

Excellent post. Instead of this being bickering by fans I think the focus needs to be on these kids who have been playing ball against each other for the last decade at some level. This year both teams have the potential to do great things and it is not loopsided one way or the other on the talent pool. This game is to stay in the race for a home playoff game. I originally picked East at 4th over Besty but I dont see that happening. I see Besty making the playoffs and the winner of this game is one upset away from hosting a game. I agree this is the game of the week against two quality teams.

Wouldnt it be great for once for JOCO and EHS to finish 1 and 2 in the conference and both host home games and how big a game would it be if they played for the reginal championship could you imagine the crowd! WOW I honestly think this game is for 2nd though just cause South is loaded on both sides of the ball but the Cyclones had them beat 2 years ago if not for a missed feild goal! So you never know

The always popular power vs. speed matchup..If J.C. can keep the speed of betsy in check and keep ball control on offence with long drives they should win..on the other hand if Betsy gets the ball to there speed in open space and play good D then they could win either way should be a great game. But i,m goin with Cyclones in this one.

JC 14

Betsy 28

I agree with you somewhat but I think it will be closer JC will come out on top 24-21. I think the kicking game will play a big factor in this game. GO HORNS!!!!!!!!

Lets face it Science Hill never came close to pushing the Cyclones around and Im betting althogh I dont know for sure that the Toppers have bigger lineman and depth than Johnson County and I do know that the Cyclones have worked harder than ever in the weight room this year. What on Gods green earth make you think you can push them around because your from Johnson County I dont think so its just about 25 miles from E-Town and that not going make that much difference! And having speed that shows is not bragging so think of this the difference in a running lane being open and being closed on the line is about 1/10 of a second thats why 4.4 speed runs the ball and 5.0 speed blocks! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!

Doesn't matter if they pushed you around or not the bottom line is they walked away with a WIN, at the end of the night that's all that matters. JC has also worked hard in the weight room. These are two teams that both want the win and need the win. Should be the game of the week. GO HORNS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Lets face it Science Hill never came close to pushing the Cyclones around and Im betting althogh I dont know for sure that the Toppers have bigger lineman and depth than Johnson County and I do know that the Cyclones have worked harder than ever in the weight room this year. What on Gods green earth make you think you can push them around because your from Johnson County I dont think so its just about 25 miles from E-Town and that not going make that much difference! And having speed that shows is not bragging so think of this the difference in a running lane being open and being closed on the line is about 1/10 of a second thats why 4.4 speed runs the ball and 5.0 speed blocks! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!

Why? Because Johnson Co. is tougher. Lets face it: the cyclones have played like a bunch of wimps ever since Jason graduated. I've went to games at Elizabethton and the pom poms from the cheerleaders make more noise than the shoulder pads on them boys. Bottom line: Johnson County will steam roll Elizabethton. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Why? Because Johnson Co. is tougher. Lets face it: the cyclones have played like a bunch of wimps ever since Jason graduated. I've went to games at Elizabethton and the pom poms from the cheerleaders make more noise than the shoulder pads on them boys. Bottom line: Johnson County will steam roll Elizabethton. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Ignorance is bliss.

Guest longhorns51

Why? Because Johnson Co. is tougher. Lets face it: the cyclones have played like a bunch of wimps ever since Jason graduated. I've went to games at Elizabethton and the pom poms from the cheerleaders make more noise than the shoulder pads on them boys. Bottom line: Johnson County will steam roll Elizabethton.

you know it

JC 31

ELIZ 21

Wouldnt it be great for once for JOCO and EHS to finish 1 and 2 in the conference and both host home games and how big a game would it be if they played for the reginal championship could you imagine the crowd! WOW I honestly think this game is for 2nd though just cause South is loaded on both sides of the ball but the Cyclones had them beat 2 years ago if not for a missed feild goal! So you never know

This would be a dream for sure. I have no issue with Besty, Unicoi or JC (obviously). They all play up and i feel deserve respect at least for one more year. I am sure some of the posts will continue to become more and more silly but the facts are both teams are good, both teams want and need this game, and this has become a true rival game (you can see it in the personal tone of the posts). You could argue that this game is actually for third but getting through it is the first step to being in the top two. TN High and South have to be the favorites but it isnt as far apart this year as in the past. i am done posting about the game and am looking forward to a great one Friday. This should be well worth the 5 bucks to see.

If theCyclones played like wimps what does that make JOCO cause last I checked JOCO just won 2 out of the last 7 against the Cyclones there is no argueing that remember just like the Toppers game a win is a win!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Go Cyclones!!!!!