INDY vs. Centennial

well my cougars came out a little flat and possibly a little unermotivated and overconfident that they were just gonna stroll through the game and pick up a W. however i see this weeks game fairing a little different from last week, CHS is gonna get its pep back after a good week of practice and put to 'em!!

my pick is CHS35 INDY14

we just have too much talent

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, a team must really be horrible to make it all the way to the state title game.

The Cougars have the talent to match up. But they will have to play ALOT better than they did last night. I'd love to believe they can pull it out, but after watching last night...I just don't know. They just looked very flat in alot of places.

flat? they had more talent, more seniority, more speed, more depth and still got beat by a 3-A team!

I said this on my last post on the CHS PAGE topic

It's a tale of two Centennial's

If the Centennial that played the first half against Page shows up, Indy should have no problem unless they just go completely flat

If the Centennial that played the fourth quarter shows up for the game with the intensity that they showed and heart to get back in the game when they were down by 21, Indy will have their hands full

no prediction cuz it can go either way

If Centennial wins it will be a close game

well my cougars came out a little flat and possibly a little unermotivated and overconfident that they were just gonna stroll through the game and pick up a W. however i see this weeks game fairing a little different from last week, CHS is gonna get its pep back after a good week of practice and put to 'em!!

my pick is CHS35 INDY14

I would like to see CHS have a win, I know most of the "talent" players you have ..Im just not "sold" on the fact that they will put it all together to overcome Indy, rebuilding year or not..Yes Chaz is quick, Tony and Raymond...but really show me....SHOW me....

Indy 28

Centennial 14

flat -no, just another excuse - athletes don't make excuses when they lose - they get better! Hopefully the Cougars will show just how talented they are against Indy!

Not an excuse, just the truth. They didn't come it with any intensity and as a result couldn't get anything going. Page came out with alot of fire early and took advantage. That's pretty much the bottom line.

Hey CHS, how is Centennial's D-line/secondary? If they aren't able to get pressure without blitzing, they are going to have some problems with Indy's passing attack. Any insights on the pass rush and depth of Centennial's D?

I don't know how they looked against Brentwood, but I'd say it was about average vs. Page. They got alot of penetration, but also had alot of missed tackles or were caught out of position when Neel stepped up. Its definitely going to be a concern against a mobile QB like Heckman.

The front 7 still looked weak against the run. I don't know if they got crossed up with the play action or if they just were overpowered. But it seemed like alot of holes opened up that gave Page some extra yardage.

The secondary looked strong when they needed to be. It has been the strong spot of the CHS D the last few years and this year should be no exception. Alot of speed out there and I really didn't see any broken coverage last night.

I don't know how they looked against Brentwood, but I'd say it was about average vs. Page. They got alot of penetration, but also had alot of missed tackles or were caught out of position when Neel stepped up. Its definitely going to be a concern against a mobile QB like Heckman.

The front 7 still looked weak against the run. I don't know if they got crossed up with the play action or if they just were overpowered. But it seemed like alot of holes opened up that gave Page some extra yardage.

The secondary looked strong when they needed to be. It has been the strong spot of the CHS D the last few years and this year should be no exception. Alot of speed out there and I really didn't see any broken coverage last night.

I would say that your post is fairly accurate comcerning the Page game. Any team who cannot contain Scales will have trouble. There is a ton of size, speed, and talent. It seems to be searching for an identity on offense. Lots of defensive mistakes can be fixed by the Cougars. They have to learn to play four quarters. I was really surprised that Centennial did not run it down our throats.

Indy's QB will create same problems. Cent secondary was pretty good.

Indy has more discipline now than Cenn to carry out assignments. Something I am sure Coach M will work on. The look on Coach M's face last night was one of continual disbelief.

Indy has the edge in this one, but Cenn will really try to raise the bar this week.

my pick is CHS35 INDY14

too much talent guess it was hiding for the page and brentwood game