INDY vs. Centennial

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would have to be extremely hopeful to think IHS would be overconfident coming into this game. Eubanks is too good of a coach, and he will definitely keep his players focused on the game at hand.

That being said, Centennial should still make this a game. The talent is there (continuing with the cliche) and the players have something to prove after last week's subpar performance. It all comes down to whether or not they can execute. A solid, 4-quarter performance and the Cougars could have a great chance of pulling this one off.

You would have to be extremely hopeful to think IHS would be overconfident coming into this game. Eubanks is too good of a coach, and he will definitely keep his players focused on the game at hand.

That being said, Centennial should still make this a game. The talent is there (continuing with the cliche) and the players have something to prove after last week's subpar performance. It all comes down to whether or not they can execute. A solid, 4-quarter performance and the Cougars could have a great chance of pulling this one off.

Posters need to stop saying the talent is there. On different posts it is being said Centennial has the talent. If Centennial has all this talent then why are they losing games? Talented teams win because they do execute,play four quarters,do not have subpar performances every week, and not just a chance to win each week. If the talent is there then something is missing,what is it? You say you know football and are a student of the game,then go watch teams practice that win and teams that lose and see if there is a difference. This is where the answer is, not watching games on Friday. Teams only play as well as they practice,no better. There has to be something wrong. Teams don't year after year have losing seasons and still have talent. Find a cliche that can explain why Centennial in the history of the school has had maybe 2 winning seasons and making the play-offs.

obviously they dont have any talent if they lose to page.... jason eubanks will have this team well coached and prepared for this game that should not even be a game... they will not be overconfident because anybody can lose on any friday except this game.. the fan section is gonna be so hyped that the indy players will feed off the emotion from the bleacher creatures..this will not even be a game IHS 35 CHS 10

Posters need to stop saying the talent is there. On different posts it is being said Centennial has the talent. If Centennial has all this talent then why are they losing games? Talented teams win because they do execute,play four quarters,do not have subpar performances every week, and not just a chance to win each week. If the talent is there then something is missing,what is it? You say you know football and are a student of the game,then go watch teams practice that win and teams that lose and see if there is a difference. This is where the answer is, not watching games on Friday. Teams only play as well as they practice,no better. There has to be something wrong. Teams don't year after year have losing seasons and still have talent. Find a cliche that can explain why Centennial in the history of the school has had maybe 2 winning seasons and making the play-offs.

That was my point. I say the talent is there because it is. The point is, talent is nothing if you don't execute, something CHS is not doing right now. Do you really believe Appalachian State had more talent than Michigan? Or did Stanford really have more talent than USC? If you think so, then you are ignorant. But the underdogs won because they EXECUTED while the other team didn't. They looked sharp while the other team was sloppy and casual. THAT is why the game is played on the field, and why any team can win on any given night.

My point is, if CHS shows up, makes no mistakes, and executes their gameplan, then they have a great chance of winning this game. If we come out with no intensity, miss blocking assignments, miss tackles, turn the ball over, etc. then Indy will probably win in a landslide. It all depends on what team shows up.

That was my point. I say the talent is there because it is. The point is, talent is nothing if you don't execute, something CHS is not doing right now. Do you really believe Appalachian State had more talent than Michigan? Or did Stanford really have more talent than USC? If you think so, then you are ignorant. But the underdogs won because they EXECUTED while the other team didn't. They looked sharp while the other team was sloppy and casual. THAT is why the game is played on the field, and why any team can win on any given night.

My point is, if CHS shows up, makes no mistakes, and executes their gameplan, then they have a great chance of winning this game. If we come out with no intensity, miss blocking assignments, miss tackles, turn the ball over, etc. then Indy will probably win in a landslide. It all depends on what team shows up.

Good point, I think that Centennial's talent is just like you said. Their talent is just like Appalachian State and Stanford and they are the underdogs in most games and they must do just like you said to win. The other teams have to play a little sloppy and Centennial play like you said then they will have a chance to win. This is the only way they can win. I agree with you.

Don't even begin to compare your losing to the likes of USC losing to Stanford or Michigan losing to Appy State. Michigan and USC are winning programs that are not expected to lose. Centennial is a losing program that is expected to lose.

If you guys feel that you are talented because you have a fast quarterback that can hardly throw the ball and a few other fast players, then go ahead think that, its just funny to the rest of region 6-5A.

I will give you guys credit for having a good tight end, if u had a qb that could throw he would be all state. However one talented player doesnt make a team as we can tell by your 0 and 2 record and Centennial's continual losing record every season.

28-7 IHS

Agreed, the comparison of Centennial to App State or Stanford's upset wins last year are not valid. App State atleast has a successful program in 1-aa. And I personally believe App State would have beaten a few more BCS conference schools last year if been given the opportunity to play them. Centennial wouldn't and will not beat anyone outside of NE and Columbia (which I am skeptical on now) in region 6-5a.

I'm not comparing CHS to Michigan and USC. I was using those examples to show to difference between simply having talent and executing.

That being said, I also used that to show that any team can win on any given night. If Indy plays sloppy and Centennial plays sharp, CHS could win the game. I'm not saying its going to happen, but it could.

obviously they dont have any talent if they lose to page.... jason eubanks will have this team well coached and prepared for this game that should not even be a game... they will not be overconfident because anybody can lose on any friday except this game.. the fan section is gonna be so hyped that the indy players will feed off the emotion from the bleacher creatures..this will not even be a game IHS 35 CHS 10

You Indy poster should quit putting down Page, if I remember correctly you all got spanked by Page just a few weeks ago on your own field, and from what I heard from some of your parents your coachs were pretty upset.

Now I still hope that Indy has a great season, I just wish you would show some class and give a team credit when credit is due

You Indy poster should quit putting down Page, if I remember correctly you all got spanked by Page just a few weeks ago on your own field, and from what I heard from some of your parents your coachs were pretty upset.

Now I still hope that Indy has a great season, I just wish you would show some class and give a team credit when credit is due

spanked in a preseaon game or i mean a scrimmage game, i know coach was not upset, I DO know thye were running some new sets tring them out, and team was more interested in MBA whom they scrimmaged the following game...

look, it takes more then talent to win the game at the high school level, yeah the more talent you have the better odds of winning and so forth, but at the HS level team play and emotions ( being able to go up and down ) along with most of all coaching plays a much bigger role-

I think of IHS vs Millington last year in playoffs- Millington had so much more talent on both side of the ball ......

anyways wish both teams well ===yeah INDY is my team, but if that cant win state i want another team in the region to win it all...