INDY vs. Centennial

not to put my team down but more to make a point to Gregg:

you say 1200 vs 1800 makes a lot of difference in why we didn't win

last time i checked page has less students than us

its the constant 3a vs 5a or what ever #a you want to throw out there, it's irrelevant

and wow Nick actually made a reference to Tressel and completely left out any Michigan coach. wow. thats a miracle in itself.

back to CURRENT football PLEASE!!!!

yes please get back to the subject at hand, this thread is about the upcoming IHS vs CHS game. If anyone wants to talk about history at centennial or whatever make a new thread.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back smitty and moore and that will bring both programs down enough that Page can play them every year and have a good shot.

The fact is...both schools programs are better off with the new changes. Mind over matter tonight and with the game on the line....Indy pulls it out. Centennial's only chance is the big plays....unless they have had a massive change on defense this week.

not to put my team down but more to make a point to Gregg:

you say 1200 vs 1800 makes a lot of difference in why we didn't win

last time i checked page has less students than us

its the constant 3a vs 5a or what ever #a you want to throw out there, it's irrelevant

and wow Nick actually made a reference to Tressel and completely left out any Michigan coach. wow. thats a miracle in itself.

back to CURRENT football PLEASE!!!!

wow gotta love high school football in middle tennessee and although this thread was or is getting of course one thing is how passionate some supporters are and that is great...

so anyways the game in hand--- if it rains whom has the advantage??????????????????

Bring back smitty and moore and that will bring both programs down enough that Page can play them every year and have a good shot.

You may be on to something...Maybe Jeff Fisher can convince the Colts to bring back Jim Harbaugh. That will allow the UT faithful to bring Peyton back. Meanwhile, let's give the OSU job back to John Cooper while Michigan can bring back Tom Brady, Braylon Edwards, Charles Woodson, and Anthony Thomas! It's Brilliant!!!!!

Gameday, from what I hear there's alot of hype at CHS for this one, and the players are looking at this as a huge statement game. No prediction, but here's how CHS can win this game.

1. Establish the Running Game: One of the biggest improvements from last year was in this aspect. We put up 150 against Indy last year, and we will need a similar performance to keep us in the game. Last week, we fell behind early and as a result really abandoned the run. Our O-line needs to stick their assignments and give Tony and Raymond just enough room to make a play. Once the run is established, we can try to catch Indy sleeping by opening it up and go for some of those big plays.

2. Defense: The Run D is Still a concern for the Cougars, but at the end of the Page game, the run defense was what allowed us to come back. If the front 7 can play the way they played those last 2 quarters, then this can keep us in the game. We all know what Pettigrew did to us last year, that cannot happen for the Cougars to have a chance. The secondary were nothing short of brilliant last year versus the Eagles, shutting both Smith and Heckman down. That being said, no Allante or Will Hunt back there this year, so It's time for guys like Tony Kemp, TJ Leach, and Tim Harris to step up on D.

3. Pressure Heckman: The kid is mobile and has a pretty good arm, which is why we need to put pressure on him. Last year, we were on top of both him and Smith all night, and as a result the passing game was subpar. The front 4 has really done well at establishing the pass rush this season. We need to get Heckman out of the pocket and either force him to make a bad throw or to beat us with his legs.

4. Limit mistakes: We had a chance to go up 26-6 on Indy last year. But a stupid penalty negated an INT return for a TD and Tim Harris was WIIIIIIIDE open in the endzone before misreading the throw. Both of those drives stalled out without points. We can't make those rookie mistakes and expect to have a chance. Other things like dropped passes, missed tackles, and bad snaps eventually doomed us. If we have another 4 turnover performance like last week, this one will not even be close. However, if we focus and execute, then we are in the game.

And last and most importantly....you have to believe. It's become a big theme of this thread over the past few days. In order for a team to win, they must BELIEVE they can win. If a team walks out on the field thinking they'll lose, they will without a doubt lose. But if a team walks out on that field with intensity and a sense of purpose, they will at least have a chance to win. To any CHS fan or player that reads this, you CAN win this game. We know what you guys are capable of doing. Your teammates, Your Classmates, Your supporters; We are all behind you and we all have faith in you. I don't care if you're playing Indy, Page, Franklin, or whoever. We BELIEVE you can win the game. No matter what people say or what the scoreboard says, always keep the faith. The results will follow.

I don't know If I'll be there tonight, and If I am you know I will compete to be the loudest guy there. But regardless...the following is for the Team, The Coaches, Coach Mat and his family, the faculty, the staff, the Parents, the CHS community, the Alumni, the Supporters, the Doubters, The Optimists, The Pessimists, the 73-6 predictions, those who don't consider me a true fan, the demons of the past, the excitement of the present and future, and the ENTIRE Tennessee High SchoolFootball Community....

WE BELIEVE!!!! C-C-CHS!!!!

Gameday, from what I hear there's alot of hype at CHS for this one, and the players are looking at this as a huge statement game. No prediction, but here's how CHS can win this game.

1. Establish the Running Game: One of the biggest improvements from last year was in this aspect. We put up 150 against Indy last year, and we will need a similar performance to keep us in the game. Last week, we fell behind early and as a result really abandoned the run. Our O-line needs to stick their assignments and give Tony and Raymond just enough room to make a play. Once the run is established, we can try to catch Indy sleeping by opening it up and go for some of those big plays.

2. Defense: The Run D is Still a concern for the Cougars, but at the end of the Page game, the run defense was what allowed us to come back. If the front 7 can play the way they played those last 2 quarters, then this can keep us in the game. We all know what Pettigrew did to us last year, that cannot happen for the Cougars to have a chance. The secondary were nothing short of brilliant last year versus the Eagles, shutting both Smith and Heckman down. That being said, no Allante or Will Hunt back there this year, so It's time for guys like Tony Kemp, TJ Leach, and Tim Harris to step up on D.

3. Pressure Heckman: The kid is mobile and has a pretty good arm, which is why we need to put pressure on him. Last year, we were on top of both him and Smith all night, and as a result the passing game was subpar. The front 4 has really done well at establishing the pass rush this season. We need to get Heckman out of the pocket and either force him to make a bad throw or to beat us with his legs.

4. Limit mistakes: We had a chance to go up 26-6 on Indy last year. But a stupid penalty negated an INT return for a TD and Tim Harris was WIIIIIIIDE open in the endzone before misreading the throw. Both of those drives stalled out without points. We can't make those rookie mistakes and expect to have a chance. Other things like dropped passes, missed tackles, and bad snaps eventually doomed us. If we have another 4 turnover performance like last week, this one will not even be close. However, if we focus and execute, then we are in the game.

And last and most importantly....you have to believe. It's become a big theme of this thread over the past few days. In order for a team to win, they must BELIEVE they can win. If a team walks out on the field thinking they'll lose, they will without a doubt lose. But if a team walks out on that field with intensity and a sense of purpose, they will at least have a chance to win. To any CHS fan or player that reads this, you CAN win this game. We know what you guys are capable of doing. Your teammates, Your Classmates, Your supporters; We are all behind you and we all have faith in you. I don't care if you're playing Indy, Page, Franklin, or whoever. We BELIEVE you can win the game. No matter what people say or what the scoreboard says, always keep the faith. The results will follow.

I don't know If I'll be there tonight, and If I am you know I will compete to be the loudest guy there. But regardless...the following is for the Team, The Coaches, Coach Mat and his family, the faculty, the staff, the Parents, the CHS community, the Alumni, the Supporters, the Doubters, The Optimists, The Pessimists, the 73-6 predictions, those who don't consider me a true fan, the demons of the past, the excitement of the present and future, and the ENTIRE Tennessee High SchoolFootball Community....

WE BELIEVE!!!! C-C-CHS!!!!

Just a thought, last year when u guys got "pressure" on our QB, u do realize that most of our pass plays were screen plays and the idea is to let the defensive line go.

On another note, 73-6? the godlike Page Patriots couldnt even beat Centennial that bad so how could Indy possibly do it. LOL

28-7 Indy

wow gotta love high school football in middle tennessee and although this thread was or is getting of course one thing is how passionate some supporters are and that is great...

so anyways the game in hand--- if it rains whom has the advantage??????????????????

eh tough one

well if it comes to that Centennial has 3 guys who can run it at any moment

there might be a slight edge to Centennial on the offensive side but again like 07 has said we have problems stopping the run so there's no telling

any update on Coach Matykiewicz? ie is he out of the hospital? will he be on the sidelines? who takes over if he isn't on the sidelines?

Just a thought, last year when u guys got "pressure" on our QB, u do realize that most of our pass plays were screen plays and the idea is to let the defensive line go.

On another note, 73-6? the godlike Page Patriots couldnt even beat Centennial that bad so how could Indy possibly do it. LOL

28-7 Indy

I agree about the score (ha ha) the best of luck to Indy on a victory, I hope both teams come out of this game with no injuries