Clinton vs Maryville

mich2tn

That is a great point and always one of my thoughts.

Clinton could be the strongest since Jimmy Gaylor was the HC up there. Part of what has set Maryville apart from many, has been their ability to prepare and focus on one team at a time. I think among all the things the coaching staff does right at MHS is work hard to keep it this way. It is the team schedule during the season. Every week they practice the same things on the same day. The players never wonder what they are going to work on that day at practice. In this way they are mentally prepared to be coached.

Maryville will be prepared for an improved Clinton team and the high of beating Alcoa again needs to go away. Clinton my not be a one dimensional team any longer like years past so something??™s will have a different look. The good thing is Maryville looks like they are finding this teams identity and developing the playmakers.

A Maryville win would make them 2-0 in the region and that needs to be the focus not the streak.

All good points and like others do enjoy your posts as well. Let me ask you though were you surprised that Clinton lost to Anderson County? Is AC good or is another year were Clinton will be just average again because I really thought they would win that game. It is a rivalry and all but I was a little surprised. Not putting the cart before the horse and of course Maryville will have to guard against overlooking opponets. (they do this well) This years region foes all have at least one loss. (I think) They will have to motivate themselves to play these region teams because as of right now they do not look that good.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton is GOOD! Hazlehurst had 201 yds rushing against AC and 310 All purpose. stone did pretty good, if Clinton plays with the intensity that they did Friday, I say

Maryville 35

Clinton 27

Or maybe Closer! Clinton is much better than Halls!

GQ has a knack of negating so-called outstanding players. Look at the QB from Sullivan last year, Gerald Riggs, and other "name" players.

It takes a team.....

I will tell you right now! I have seen all ubt one in Scrimmage or Game, or something. I would have to say that Clinton is the best team in the Region, 2nd to the Rebels of Course! If Maryville Can Stop hazlehurst! I dont think that they could stop Stone and his receivers! Clinton offense is just flat out amazing! They had no problem against probably that #1 Defense in all 3a against AC! And In the Halls game, Maryville looked kinda scrappy! and Alcoa is overated! so that is a hard one to go by Obviously!!!! I mean i do believe Maryville will win, but i also believe that Clinton will give them ALL they can handle! Whether anyone wants to admit it or not!

AC haz tha #1 D in all of 3A?????????..........Well look fer AC in tha 'Boro....And Alcouh iz overated and not tha best in 2A????

AC is expected to have a shot at the top of their Region, Picked to only lose to Catholic! (I meant their Region not all of 3a, Sorry!)

Alcoa Loses to Maryville every year, Last year it was a blowout! this year Maryville aint all that good, Nothing has yet to Convince me that Alcoa is really that good! (Maybe in 2a, but look who they play!)

AC is expected to have a shot at the top of their Region, Picked to only lose to Catholic! (I meant their Region not all of 3a, Sorry!)

Alcoa Loses to Maryville every year, Last year it was a blowout! this year Maryville aint all that good, Nothing has yet to Convince me that Alcoa is really that good! (Maybe in 2a, but look who they play!)

I think pretty soon I'm going to start awarding an award to the most ludicrous post of the week during footbal season. This has given me inspiration.....

If you only knew just how good Alcoa really is, you wouldn't get on here and post something like that and on Friday, you need to bring a clean towel. You will need it on the way home.