MBA vs. Moeller

Redtwin

It was an excellent game. I have to confess to expecting a loss. MBA wins by having intelligent, well disciplined players who are well conditioned, play hard, and manage to overachieve in large part due to pride in their school. Moeller, however, does all of those too, and with greater depth. I only spoke with a couple of Moeller fans, but they were very gracious and classy.

And it was a pleasure meeting RRR. I think it would be petty to "needle" him regarding school spirit.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but MBA ran onto the field with one player carrying a large Tennessee flag.

Now that's cool. Congrats to MBA for their big win. Ohio fans make more excuses than Westmoland fans...nah...nobody does that.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on a big dominant win for TN, even if i was rooting for Moeller due to family connections. MBA had 3 missed field goals (narrower goal posts, wind), a fumble inside the 10 yard line, and knelt the ball in their red zone at the end. This game could have easily been 45-6. It's unfortunate that MBA will never have the opportunity to play Colerain, St. X, or Elder because it seems the Ohio people overlook MBA since Moeller is probably the weakest. Oh well, MBA did what they could and represented TN well on a very very hot day.

Congratulations, Great job MBA in representing Tennessee High School football to the nation! Coach McGugin and the folks at MBA are all 1st class! I find it amazing that football in Tennessee gets such little respect. Despite the complete domination of Moeller by MBA, Tom Lemming (self-proclaimed recruiting guru!), was talking up several of the Moeller kids as prospects during the game broadcast. Unless they interviewed him twice, I did not hear him mention any of the MBA players. Go figure, the team that gets dominated has more prospects! It would seem that the ability to play the game on the field should count for something but apparently does not when it comes to recruiting analysts, etc. ALL that matters to them are size, speed, strength, etc. While all are important, bottom-line is you have to be able to perform as a football player. This game is not track, weightlifting, or bodybuilding!

Congrats on a big dominant win for TN, even if i was rooting for Moeller due to family connections. MBA had 3 missed field goals (narrower goal posts, wind), a fumble inside the 10 yard line, and knelt the ball in their red zone at the end. This game could have easily been 45-6. It's unfortunate that MBA will never have the opportunity to play Colerain, St. X, or Elder because it seems the Ohio people overlook MBA since Moeller is probably the weakest. Oh well, MBA did what they could and represented TN well on a very very hot day.

After getting a chance to watch the game, the first half ugly. MBA picked it up a lot in the second but be glad that they didn't get X, Colerain or Elder. X and Colerain don't give up anything defensively and the Elder offense is potent. I don't think MBA would have come out on top against these teams but it doesn't matter cause they took it to Moeller.

Listen to the schedule that St X plays.

They have already played Colerain and Pratville and still have Indianapolis Cathedral, the top team in Class 4a in Indiana along with Don Bosco Prep from New Jersey, Louisville Trinity, Cleveland St Ignatius, Lakewood St Edwards, Elder, Moeller and Lasalle who is the worst team on their schedule by far.