Montgomery Bell Academy 21 Cincinatti Moeller 6

WarriorFan

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations MBA! That is a HUGE win. You represented not only your school well, but the state of Tennessee. It infuriates me the amount of times I hear that Tennessee is so weak in high school football. YOUR GUYS JUST GRADUATED OVER 30 SENIORS and lots of folks were writing you off. NEVER underestimate the heart of an MBA team! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OK BA......take a mental note of this win, and take it to Prattville HS. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I think the people that say TN football is weak are either kids thumping their chest or homers(my dad can beat your dad up), who really don't KNOW high school football. You have to take those people with a grain of salt, as they are on every forum you will ever go to. I'm from Ohio, been in TN 4-5 yrs, and think TN plays some great football here. The top teams in TN could go toe-to-toe with many other top teams in the country. There just isn't the same number/depth of top teams as some of the top states. Good luck to BA against Prattville, as they are scary. Watch the game against St. X and you will see what I mean. They gave X all they wanted and then some. X had their best OT and star WR out with illness/injury, and could not run the ball against a front 7 as good as you will see. The X defense held Prattville to 120 total yrds and only 4 1st downs for the game. The defenses dominated this game.Link: http://www.waycross.tv/StX_Pratville_Football

Great job MBA of representing our state! I am a Baylor alum and will be at the Baylor vs MBA game this Friday. I will be there cheering on the Red Raiders as we will have a tremendous opponent in MBA. Go Baylor.....and way to go MBA.

I haven't seen a lot posted about Baylor this year. Can you offer some insight on the team this year?

I haven't seen a lot posted about Baylor this year. Can you offer some insight on the team this year?

Baylor's team is a bit unknown at this time. Good win in Virginia on Friday but that team isn't anywhere near the caliber of teams in DivII. (even with Howie Long's son at QB). Baylor had some trouble settling on a QB although it looks as though sophomore Charles Wilson had a good start on Friday. Their offensive line is back intact from last year and there are some good solid running backs to run the ball. Good receiver in Bret Murray--I'm not sure what hapens if the Raiders fall behind. I think they are going to have to be a ball control, run the ball offense in light of the inexpereince of the QBs.

Chattcity that is a good take on the situation. We just have alot of unknowns...but with that we do have some exceptional talent in Bret Murray, Sam Williams and Pickett at running backs. But really hard to know yet. Last year so much was expected of Baylor and it was the most horrific year for injuries. 11 or 12 starters out for the year...several had to have surgery. And they were seniors. This Friday will be, as everyone knows, a whole different ballgame. MBA was the best team I saw last year and it sounds like this is another tremendous MBA team. Baylor will have to grow up fast to compete....but I hold out hope. Congrats to MBA on their great win last week and..........Go Baylor!

Baylor's team is a bit unknown at this time. Good win in Virginia on Friday but that team isn't anywhere near the caliber of teams in DivII. (even with Howie Long's son at QB). Baylor had some trouble settling on a QB although it looks as though sophomore Charles Wilson had a good start on Friday. Their offensive line is back intact from last year and there are some good solid running backs to run the ball. Good receiver in Bret Murray--I'm not sure what hapens if the Raiders fall behind. I think they are going to have to be a ball control, run the ball offense in light of the inexpereince of the QBs.

Chattcity that is a good take on the situation. We just have alot of unknowns...but with that we do have some exceptional talent in Bret Murray, Sam Williams and Pickett at running backs. But really hard to know yet. Last year so much was expected of Baylor and it was the most horrific year for injuries. 11 or 12 starters out for the year...several had to have surgery. And they were seniors. This Friday will be, as everyone knows, a whole different ballgame. MBA was the best team I saw last year and it sounds like this is another tremendous MBA team. Baylor will have to grow up fast to compete....but I hold out hope. Congrats to MBA on their great win last week and..........Go Baylor!

0-11

I just watched the replay...what a nice win for coach mcgugin and company. This team looks totally different from last year's version...last year's 13-0 team was a whole lot of "3 yards and a cloud of dust." Steady doses of Vinsang, Waddey, and Bartholomew. Little passing, not all that effective when called. Stifling defense, good kicking game.

This year...wow, what a difference a year makes. Wise looks phenomenal running this spread-type offense. Even with the gaudy #'s he had several on-target passes dropped. My favorite play of the game (aside from the hook and ladder) was the shotgun option where wise crossed the line amidst traffic and managed to pitch to Crum for a nice 15 yard gain.

Obviously Coach McGugin knows his personnel and has adjusted his approach this year...and the veteran Wise looks like he's in total control back there. Could be another great year for MBA. Still lots of football to be played.

I just watched the replay...what a nice win for coach mcgugin and company. This team looks totally different from last year's version...last year's 13-0 team was a whole lot of "3 yards and a cloud of dust." Steady doses of Vinsang, Waddey, and Bartholomew. Little passing, not all that effective when called. Stifling defense, good kicking game.

This year...wow, what a difference a year makes. Wise looks phenomenal running this spread-type offense. Even with the gaudy #'s he had several on-target passes dropped. My favorite play of the game (aside from the hook and ladder) was the shotgun option where wise crossed the line amidst traffic and managed to pitch to Crum for a nice 15 yard gain.

Obviously Coach McGugin knows his personnel and has adjusted his approach this year...and the veteran Wise looks like he's in total control back there. Could be another great year for MBA. Still lots of football to be played.

Is the replay available on the internet? I dont get the channel it was played on.