OC hosts Ripley

VOREBS

Friday night OC and Coach Jackson's retooled Rebel club will host Ripley for the home opener, and also an important Region game for both clubs. The Rebels showed some good signs at times in week 0 vs Jax SS. So what is the feeling about this game. Ripley will be quick, and presents a stern test for OC. The Rebels seem to be heading in the right direction based on week 0. Here's a vote for the Rebs getting a hard fought win, their first in a while and continuing to build in the right direction. So what do you think??

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Rebels have a chance, but only if they instill more of a running game into their offense. They will have trouble all year if they just let the defense set back and play pass defense. They did try to run some on SS with little success, but if they can get positive yardage on the run it will obviously open the passing game up more. The defense showed some weaknesses, but from what I saw they were correctable, not like a lack of ability.

With that said, IF OC can get 75 to 100 yards in the run game, I think they could pull one out. If not, Ripley may ball control the game and walk away with a region win.

If the Rebels can score and not turn the ball over in the RED Zone or close to the goal line.....like Union city as well, I think they may keep Ripley off just enough to get a win. I too agree, that the Rebels may have to show more run game and really mix in the pass game with that. I'm not the coach and do not know much about the game anyway so why am I to say this.

Good Luck Rebels, Obion County folks want you to get that first win under your belts...maybe it will be this week.

I think the Rebels have a chance, but only if they instill more of a running game into their offense. They will have trouble all year if they just let the defense set back and play pass defense. They did try to run some on SS with little success, but if they can get positive yardage on the run it will obviously open the passing game up more. The defense showed some weaknesses, but from what I saw they were correctable, not like a lack of ability.

With that said, IF OC can get 75 to 100 yards in the run game, I think they could pull one out. If not, Ripley may ball control the game and walk away with a region win.

I agree with you on the running game, the REBELS do have some quickness on this team ( Calhoun, Fulbright, Minnick, and Haskins) and if used it will open up the passing game, and the REBELS could come away with a regional win and give this young team some confidence, and that I believe will carry this team to a another level.Roll /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I say roll /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> on REBELS.

Coach Jackson was quoted as saying the SS game was his jamboree, since it was a non-region game. Maybe he is smarter than some folks realize. He definitely got to see what his players are capable of in real game situations. He has now had the opportunity to make adjustments in personnel and alignments. I know the kids I've spoken with say he has made some changes, and I think the run game might be more than most folks expect come Friday night. OC does have some quickness, and Minnick can bash the middle pretty well for a kid his size. Armor is hardnosed and doesn't mind contact euther. Calhoun and Haskins are certainly capable of breaking around the corners. They may not be speed demons, but both have deceptive speed. Win or lose, Ripley is always game for a battle and I expect no less this week. Both teams may be down some from recent years, but both will be ready to battle for that 1st region win.

I expect there will be a pretty good crowd on the homeside of Rebel Field this week.

Go REBELS!

Rebel Fans, after the Thrashing on Friday night by the Ripley Tigers, I have to say I predict Obion County to go 0 - 10 once again.

There are only two games on the schedule left that the Rebels even have a chance....Union City and Brighton.

The Rebels will not be able to stop Colton Speed and the running veer offense of Union City.

Also, I think Union City will have a tough time stopping the Rebels as well with what passing attack they may have.

I do think though, the Rebels have a tremendous amopunt of WORK to do and all the hype the new coach set in folks heads might not work and all of the pre-season activities behind so called "Closed Doors" may be back firing.

We all want the Rebels to win but with 80 kids on the field and having the trouble they have each year...something is not right and there are good players on the teams each year.

Sorry, just my opinion and opinion only. I have talked with several who have seen the games and it WILL BE TOUGH!!

Rebel Fans, after the Thrashing on Friday night by the Ripley Tigers, I have to say I predict Obion County to go 0 - 10 once again.

There are only two games on the schedule left that the Rebels even have a chance....Union City and Brighton.

The Rebels will not be able to stop Colton Speed and the running veer offense of Union City.

Also, I think Union City will have a tough time stopping the Rebels as well with what passing attack they may have.

I do think though, the Rebels have a tremendous amopunt of WORK to do and all the hype the new coach set in folks heads might not work and all of the pre-season activities behind so called "Closed Doors" may be back firing.

We all want the Rebels to win but with 80 kids on the field and having the trouble they have each year...something is not right and there are good players on the teams each year.

Sorry, just my opinion and opinion only. I have talked with several who have seen the games and it WILL BE TOUGH!!

What makes you think you have a chance against Brighton? They beat OC 54-7 last year.

What makes you think you have a chance against Brighton? They beat OC 54-7 last year.

I'm sorry, scratch Brighton and Union City both.

The only thing is against Union City, the Rebels will play like this might be the only game they know in their head might can play with and only because Union City is a Single A school.

I promise, Bowling want let that happen.

0 - 10.... no doubt ...

I'm sorry, scratch Brighton and Union City both.

The only thing is against Union City, the Rebels will play like this might be the only game they know in their head might can play with and only because Union City is a Single A school.

I promise, Bowling want let that happen.

0 - 10.... no doubt ...

Did Obion look better than JSS. It sounds like they did not. What about the running game everyone was talking about. People need to get off the coaches at OCCHS (Bowling, Driggers, and now Jackson) all three have won a lot in different programs. Maybe it is not the coaches that all it blamed, maybe it is the parents and players!!!!! That is the biggest problem in the county.

Did Obion look better than JSS. It sounds like they did not. What about the running game everyone was talking about. People need to get off the coaches at OCCHS (Bowling, Driggers, and now Jackson) all three have won a lot in different programs. Maybe it is not the coaches that all it blamed, maybe it is the parents and players!!!!! That is the biggest problem in the county.

I think you probably have it right when you are talking abou the parents.

As for the kids, they are doing their best, I think.

As for the coaches, anyone who comes in outside the county from a distance away really doesn't know what they are getting into.

I personally think back when Paul Decker had his name in the hat for the job, the person who selects coaches should have picked him.

What the county needs is a local coach who everyone respects and let them ( The Coaches ) run the program how they want to and not how the parents and school admin. wants them to.