OAK RIDGE COACH SHOWS POWER?

catpack

Posted by catbooster:

i am a senior player at oak ridge. I was present at picture day. the details of the incident are as follows: players were reminded of proper uniform (including socks) all week, proper uniform (including socks) was posted on the board in the lockerroom, socks were handed out to all players less than one hour before pictures were taken with uniforms and one out of over eighty players forgot them. I will also warn that the so-called "catpack" is a disgruntled group of parents of former oak ridge players whose chance to live vicariously through their children was fouled by lack of ability or deplorable attitude

Matt King #62 Oak Ridge wildcats

If you are telling the truth that sounds like it could have happened but if I was the coach I would have made the player run wind sprints or something but keeping a player out of the Team Pictures is wrong don't the coach tell you that every thing is a team effort?

Pictures are forever! :rolleyes:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the President of the OR Football Boosters so I am aware of the decisions about uniforms and our one errant player. Our Seniors voted on which uniform to wear for picture day early in the week. ALL players were instructed which uniforms to wear including which socks (it may seem picky but they have several and we wanted a consistent look in the pictures). All players received the uniforms, again including the correct socks, an hour before photos were taken. 85 of our players managed to get to the field in the correct uniform. One could not follow simple instructions, and didnt show up in the correct socks.

I urge all of you who read the posts on this board to take the "Catpack" posters messages with a large grain of salt. This handful of disgruntled people (I just won't call them fans) have issues with Coach Lussier. In the mean time there are many, many of us working behind the scenes to support our kids and coaches. We are proud of this team. We hate that a few unhappy souls seem to forget that their nasty (and most often erroneous) diatribes does nothing for our players who are out there working and giving it their all.

Debbie King

ORHS Football Boosters

the knee high white socks are a highly visible peace of our uniforms. had the player forgotten a jersey this would not be an issue. and as compassionate as your suggestion of running sprints in front of teammates, coaches, parents and cheerleaders in 95 degree heat is, it is not yours to make or question if you do not play for or associate with our team

Matt King #62

What is wrong with the coach not allowing the player in the team picture? If 85 people can get it correct and 1 player is wrong then the 1 player has a problem. The coach should think hard about not playing a kid too dumb, stupid, or hard headed to get dressed properly. A player like that will get you beat in a close game every time. It sounds like that 1 player was not a team player.

[Edited by cbg on 8-6-02 3:31P]

I agree with Coach Lussier's decision on this one. This appears to be getting overblown on this thread.

I also want to thank Matt King for providing some insight into the situation. As always, I am proud of our players and will root for them to win every game. This is true even though I don't believe strongly in many of the actions taken by the coach and administration.

In the end, I would be very happy to be proven wrong. Go Wildcats!