OAK RIDGE COACH SHOWS POWER?

catpack

Picture Day...Meet the wildcats.. At Blankenship field this Saturday was a triumph of power for the leader of young men as a player was excluded from the "team picture" for the year for not having the right socks. Sources say not only was the player humiliated by this "coach" to make matters worse the player was made to leave the area to "MAKE SURE" he did not somehow get his image in the shot.

The players AND assistant coaches found this nauseating.

YOUR COMMENTS PLEASEƒª¦ƒª¦ƒª¦.

[PLEASE DONĻ"T MAKE THIS THREAD DISAPPEAR THIS TIME COACH T]

:):):D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From now on all the Oak Ridge players will realize how important it is to wear the right socks! The attention to details, micromanaging, and displays of power are some of the personality characteristics that the coach regularly displays. Good luck to the Wildcats! Remember to wear the right socks!

Let me answer this with a story of my own and maybe you'll see the relevance:

This was about 20 years ago during two-a-days. We decided to feed the kids cold watermelon after a morning practice. Since we had brand-new white helmets with white facemasks we told the players to be sure and not touch their facemasks with their hands until they had washed them.

After practice, and the watermelon-eating, we go into the locker room and the coaches go into the equipment room. There sits a new helmet with pink handprints on the facemask, put back on the shelf in return for another helmet, same size.

One of us, don't remember now which coach it was, went into the locker room and told the players "whoever swapped helmets, come get yours back". Silence. He repeated it again. Nothing. Another coach then says, half-jokingly, "If you don't bring that helmet back we are going back out and run until you do". Silence. The coach repeats it. Silence. Guess what. We go back out to the practice field. And run, and run, and run. Players are mad, coaches are mad, players are very tired. No one will come forward.

I forget now how we finally ended that because no one came forward. The word around town was we almost killed them because someone got watermelon on a helmet. Didn't translate exactly that way. It was a mistake on the coaches part and a player's part.

Sometimes we do and say things as coaches that we regret. We make mistakes. We move on. Hopefully, somewhere along the line, we get some things right.

Posted by AERoadrunners:
Posted by simocleo:

Was this player the brother of highly successfull AE head coach? :confused:

Who is this Coach you're talking about?

Would not want to mention as to keep players anonymity.

I bet you figure it out AEroadrunner. :D

A friend of my husband told him that when Lussier coached at Halls the players had to hang their pads, clothing, helmets up a certain way or they would be punished for it. Now discipline is one thing, but these penalties seem a little overboard. :D:):) :confused:

Posted by msgov:

A friend of my husband told him that when Lussier coached at Halls the players had to hang their pads, clothing, helmets up a certain way or they would be punished for it. Now discipline is one thing, but these penalties seem a little overboard. :D:):) :confused:

msgov...why is Halls smarter than Oak Ridge....as they figured it out and got rid of him in 2 years????smarter

Posted by catpack:

Picture Day...Meet the wildcats.. At Blankenship field this Saturday was a triumph of power for the leader of young men as a player was excluded from the "team picture" for the year for not having the right socks. Sources say not only was the player humiliated by this "coach" to make matters worse the player was made to leave the area to "MAKE SURE" he did not somehow get his image in the shot.

YOUR COMMENTS PLEASE‹¨›‹¾ª‹¾¦‹¨›‹¾ª‹¾¦‹¨›‹¾ª‹¾¦.

[PLEASE DON‹¨›‹¾ª"T MAKE THIS THREAD DISAPPEAR THIS TIME COACH T]

:):o:)

This really makes me :) that a Coach would do this it reminds me of a Coach that Sequatchie had a few years ago that is now in Upper East Tennessee who had a terrible personality. He was hardly involved in QB Club Plannig and was hard to talk to it didn't matter if you were a fan, a parent, or player. I know some players who would have quit the team but they loved to play the game to much. :D

Coaches like this I think give football coaches a bad name as being selfish and only careing about them selves and winning and not the player, his parents or the community in which they coach!

That coach is a jerk. Those type of coaches ruin sports. I'd rather play for a "nice guy" and go 7-3 than a hard ###### like him and go 10-0 because more than likely those 10 games wouldn't be that much fun playing for that jerk. He is the type of coach that motivates his players through fear and forgets the big picture...SPORTS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FUN! Everyone wants to win but if you dont enjoy yourself at least some doing it than whats the point? Reminds me of the coach on "Varsity Blues"

Posted by Sequatchie:
Posted by catpack:

YOUR COMMENTS PLEASE‹¨¯‹¾¨‹¾¯‹¨¯‹¾¾‹¾¨‹¨¯‹¾¾‹¾›‹¨¯‹¾¨‹¾¯‹¨¯‹¾¾‹¾¾‹¨¯‹¾¾‹¾ª‹¨¯‹¾¨‹¾¯‹¨¯‹¾¾‹¾¾‹¨

‹¾¾‹¾¦‹¨¯‹¾¨‹¾¯‹¨¯‹¾¾‹¾¨‹¨¯‹¾¾‹¾›‹¨¯‹¾¨‹¾¯‹¨¯‹¾¾‹¾¾‹¨¯‹¾¾‹¾ª‹¨¯‹¾¨‹¾¯‹¨¯‹¾¾‹¾¾‹¨

‹¾¾‹¾¦‹¨¯‹¾¨‹¾¯‹¨¯‹¾¾‹¾¨‹¨¯‹¾¾‹¾›‹¨¯‹¾¨‹¾¯‹¨¯‹¾¾‹¾¾‹¨¯‹¾¾‹¾ª‹¨¯‹¾¨‹¾¯‹¨¯‹¾¾‹¾¾‹¨

‹¾¾‹¾¦.

[PLEASE DON‹¨¯‹¾¨‹¾¯‹¨¯‹¾¾‹¾¨‹¨¯‹¾¾‹¾›‹¨¯‹¾¨‹¾¯‹¨¯‹¾¾‹¾¾‹¨¯‹¾¾‹¾ª"T MAKE THIS THREAD DISAPPEAR THIS TIME COACH T]

:o:o:)

This really makes me ;) that a Coach would do this it reminds me of a Coach that Sequatchie had a few years ago that is now in Upper East Tennessee who had a terrible personality. He was hardly involved in QB Club Plannig and was hard to talk to it didn't matter if you were a fan, a parent, or player. I know some players who would have quit the team but they loved to play the game to much. :D

Coaches like this I think give football coaches a bad name as being selfish and only careing about them selves and winning and not the player, his parents or the community in which they coach!

Very good SEQUATCHIE..... Believe it or not this "Coach" does not really care about winning....he gets his watch wound by being able to say who plays on friday nights. :):):o:):(:(:(

[Edited by 2bear2 on 8-4-02 4:45P]