News from Wilson County....

Football Man

not liking the fact that some people are trying to blame this on athletic upgrades. coaches and players and players parents work their butts off in order to help give the kids a better athletic facility. concessions, donations, suppers, etc. help contribute to this.

i wanna know if players will be able to transfer to others schools in order to play this year for their sport...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past, the TSSAA has not allowed transfers from schools whose programs have been shutdown. The only one I can think of is a few years back when Clarksville Academy ended their football season. My guess is there would have to be an address change and/or a hardship request...

In the past, the TSSAA has not allowed transfers from schools whose programs have been shutdown. The only one I can think of is a few years back when Clarksville Academy ended their football season. My guess is there would have to be an address change and/or a hardship request...

weeks to find our boy's a home (my bad, apartment until everything is straighten out)

Well, interesting enough, there have been several teachers who have done reports regarding education in our area. Seems that Williamson and Rutherford counties put WAY more money into their education budgets than we do. If we put the same money in Wilson county in the education budget as they do in Rutherford or Williamson county it looks as if we would have about 12 million extra to spend.

I guess if you want your child to go where they value education and athletics, we have the answer.

Bottom line is, the county isn't doing their part and it isn't because the school board isn't trying.

And while I'm throwing things out there, I'm tired of hearing that the county commissioners are elected to not raise taxes. No, they are elected to regulate where our tax money is going and make sure that taxes stay at a reasonable rate.

If this absurd event were to happen, these student should be allowed to transfer to another county system to play sports. It is not fair for the county to rip this away from the students. Athletic scholarships are the ONLY way for some students to get into college. That is promising for our future isn't it? Lets elimante another avenue for students to get into america's already extremely unaffordable post secondary education institutes!!!

Way to go Wilson County, You are making a real BONEHEAD move on this one!!!!!

This is all phoney baloney. Big bluff by amateur politicians on both sides. Comical to me. No way they are deleting coaching supplements or ending athletics. You have a school board and central office that can't adequately manage the money they are given. No wonder they don't get what they threaten and beg for. And a county commision that is stingy and doesn't really understand the importance of education or athletics. They'd rather build another jail I suspect. A pox on both houses.

Just business as usual with big egos and small IQs involved. Things will work out and the poor taxpayer will be the answer.

Glad I could clear this up.

The way I understand it, the school budget was submitted & the commisioners, holding the pocketbook, will not fund the proposed budget. As of September 30th, ALL SPORTS WILL NO LONGER BE PLAYED IN ANY WILSON COUNTY SCHOOL. IT IS NOT AN OPTION FOR COACHES TO WORK FOR FREE. A special meeting has been called for Sept. 15th, which may change the above option.

TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

This is all phoney baloney. Big bluff by amateur politicians on both sides. Comical to me. No way they are deleting coaching supplements or ending athletics. You have a school board and central office that can't adequately manage the money they are given. No wonder they don't get what they threaten and beg for. And a county commision that is stingy and doesn't really understand the importance of education or athletics. They'd rather build another jail I suspect. A pox on both houses.

Just business as usual with big egos and small IQs involved. Things will work out and the poor taxpayer will be the answer.

Glad I could clear this up.

As usual, you are on the money with this post, Salty.