gallatin vrs mount juliet

dubc90

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the fact that no one on here has predicted a MJ win. I also like the fact it's still sunny outside. I'm hoping for a MJ upset and plenty of rain AFTER the game. Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I recently moved to Gallatin and live right up the street from the stadium. As much as I hated to move from MJ to Gallatin, fuel went up too much for me to drive back and forth to Gallatin sometimes 2x a day. Plus 109 stinks! I actually wouldn't mind seeing G-town win all of their games EXCEPT this one. Go BEARS!

Gallatin wins 33-10. Great job tonight from the coaching staff and the players. Mt Juliet was a well coached ball club and played with a lot of heart but tonight the Green Wave were just too much. The defense did a good job of bending but not breaking. The offensive line was solid, opening up some big holes. Satterfield was once again on with his punts and kickoffs. The receivers were great with the down field blocking. And just what can you say about the "terror twins", Matthews and Holder. Both ran with authority around and over people tonight. Great job guys a very complete ball game. The blocking was excellent tonight!! I saw several just huge hits too. I do hope that the MJ player that got carted off after the game was not too seriously injured. Mt Juliet keep your heads up you just ran into a buzzsaw tonight. Once again the coaching staff did an excellent job this week preparing this team for Mt Juliet. Highly impressed with the blocking from the receivers and the offensive line is 200% better than where they have been. Everybody just keep working hard. Lets roll Green Wave lets roll!

Gwave, you think the continued success by those "terror twins" can be attributed to their fierce Gallatin-gold kleats? Gosh, what can you say about tonight besides wow. Mt. Juliet was a good team. Very few mistakes by the Bears were made. Gallatin just made fewer. Once again, we put alot of points on the partially-pole blocked scoreboard. I have to say that these guys are surprising me. I'm not used to many Gallatin teams averaging just under 38 points a game. Keep it up guys. MJ, keep your chin up. You guys are going to be alright this season, and we're going to see all but 7 of you next year. I know you're going to be chomping at the bit.

Will someone form Mt Juliet let us know something about the young man that was injured and taken to the hospital? I and the rest of the GHS family pray that he isn't seriously injured.

Congratulations Wave, great win last night! The offense continues to impress and the O-line, WOW, they are just controling the other teams D-line since the start of the second half of the Lebanon game... They continue to get better each week. Matthews and Holder... I'd call them the "Dynamic Dueo" add in the play of Cloud and this offense is special. Hat's off to the receivers too. They definately get the job done blocking down field.

The D is getting better each week.. they are starting to play and react instead of having to think what to do in this new defense. Two penalties essentially gave MJHS their first TD... a big face mask call and then the pass interference call in the end zone.. good job D!

Will someone form Mt Juliet let us know something about the young man that was injured and taken to the hospital? I and the rest of the GHS family pray that he isn't seriously injured.

Congratulations Wave, great win last night! The offense continues to impress and the O-line, WOW, they are just controling the other teams D-line since the start of the second half of the Lebanon game... They continue to get better each week. Matthews and Holder... I'd call them the "Dynamic Dueo" add in the play of Cloud and this offense is special. Hat's off to the receivers too. They definately get the job done blocking down field.

The D is getting better each week.. they are starting to play and react instead of having to think what to do in this new defense. Two penalties essentially gave MJHS their first TD... a big face mask call and then the pass interference call in the end zone.. good job D!

Great game Gallatin. That #1 RB has some great break away speed. I disagree with the well coached for MJ comments on last night. That was probably the worst coached Perry team i've been to. We should have continued to pound the ball up the middle. That is how we kept driving down the field and then tried to get too cute around the 20. The FG call I thought was crazy. Very disappointed with the coaching staff and the refs with the supposed holding calls everytime MJ got in the red zone or end zone. Gallatin was the better team and hats off to you.

the refs with the supposed holding calls everytime MJ got in the red zone or end zone. Gallatin was the better team and hats off to you.

For what it worth the ref's called holding on every sweep play last night. Not to forget the pass from 7 to 18 that would have set Gallatin up at about MJ 20. The ref's let the holding flags fly all night long on both teams.

I have to say I became a bit concerned with the success that 33 was having running the ball up the gut. Also Mj might want to just wave a flag or something to let everyone know that when 9 comes in the game it is usually a pass play and 11 was always looking for him. My guess is 9 is the catching WR with the others being blocking receivers, may want to hide this a little better.

I just guess this rivalry game got woke up after last years dominance by MJ

There were numberous holding calls on Mt Juliet because Mt Juliet was holding! Everybody around us saw several that were not called. I can't remeber the number but whoever was guarding Daniel Fields, our #4, was clinching him all night. Near the end of the game Fields got around his man to make an open field tackle on the receiver only to be clipped from behind which was a bad no call on the ref, only to have his helmet come off and still get up and make the tackle. Also the play that set up MJ's touchdown was bogus due to Holder never touched the receiver in the endzone. What was the call, the ref signaled a push in the back....how? Well anyway, it was a good dose of what we got over there last year. Mt. Juliet's fullback did run hard and was getting good yardage but if they only went to him without mixing it up like they did then I believe he would have been shutdown as the game wore on. #11 Gurchick is a solid Qb. His toughness even impressed Short on the radio. I think the Bears will be fine down the road, Gallatin is just playing with a chip on their shoulder after last year.

I did hear on the radio this morning that the kid who got hurt last night did walk out of the hospital last night so that is good.