Region 7 AAAA

ScoreCorps

I got a crazy idea let the season play out. Then we will decide who is good and who is bad. Henry co. fanatics always talk about Brighton's weak schedule, who has Henry. Co. played?

I was not talking about Brightons weak schedule, I was talking about hteir history, Henry County has not played a formidable foe this season or atleast Henry county did not allow them to be formidable.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hunch (I haven't seen all of the teams play but I have friends in Memphis) is that the Memphis region is MUCH better than region 7. I can almost guarantee it.

I respecfully disagree, I have seen a few of the teams and they will have a tough time with the top three team in region 7.

Your logic is stupid! When did Henry County last beat Maplewood or Hillsboro? Why are we ranked ahead of them? According to the paper, Brighton had over 600 yards offense against Hardin County. When did we last do that? What makes you so smart that you can tear these teams down? The only thing we agree on is your own stupidity!

Not trying to tear anyone down, I even said that Brighton obviously had a good team. I mentioned in my last post to you several of the states top programs, I should have been more specific and said the last 3 years, Of the teams listed, henry county although they have not beaten either of the above mentioned teams, they have made back to back trips to the semi-finals, they have beaten a powerhouse Melrose two years in a row, once at th mound, and they have beaten Fairley in the quarter finals. That is why henry County is ranked high.

I was addressing Brighton and their number 4 ranking that you mentioned, you still hav enot answered my questions about when was their last signature win against a top program, you will find they do not have one in the last 3 years. Also when was the last time they won a playoff game? If it is tearing a team down by saying that there are 3 teams in Memphis that I consider to be better than Brighton, I am sorry for tearing them down, I guess any type of ranking system that puts anyone ahead of anyone is tearing anyone down. Never said I was smart but your logic confuses me as in consecutive sentences you call me smart and stupid.

If Brighton beats Henry county then I will admit that you are the all knowing warrior, If Henry County wins this game in a convincing manner, well then I will know that I was right. I am signing off as the well defeated prophet, as I know you will refuse to listen to good logic and attack me and my intelligence level or lack there of. The board is yours again, thaks for allowing me the honor to attempt an argument with the always disputed warrior.

I respecfully disagree, I have seen a few of the teams and they will have a tough time with the top three team in region 7.

I will not predict the winner of region 7, but I will predict (remember that I said this) that region 8 will win three of the four first round playoff games. I have friends in Memphis and in Mississippi who have seen these teams play, along with Brighton and Munford. They say that Melrose, Fairley, East, and Kinsbury would finish in four of the top five spots in region 7.

I will not predict the winner of region 7, but I will predict (remember that I said this) that region 8 will win three of the four first round playoff games. I have friends in Memphis and in Mississippi who have seen these teams play, along with Brighton and Munford. They say that Melrose, Fairley, East, and Kinsbury would finish in four of the top five spots in region 7.

How can you pick the region 8 teams to win 3 of their first 4 games and not pick HC to win region 7? I am not an odds maker, but I am almost positive that the odds of HC winning region 7 is far greater than the region 8 teams winning 3 of the first 4 playoff games. You may be right, but they would all be below HC. HC has not played any very good teams yet, but I believe they will take care of business. Those Memphis teams are probably well improved from last year, but the strides HC has shown on Off. is phenomenal. As good as Melrose's def. is, I find it hard to believe they will hold HC below35 pts. I say 35 because I figure that HC will actually have to play their starters the whole game, and 35 pts for an offense as good as theirs is very feasible. My only concern is lack of playing time for the DEF of HC because they need to shore up that run D. I think actual playing time would help a lot. I do not coach though so maybe I am wrong.

Not trying to tear anyone down, I even said that Brighton obviously had a good team. I mentioned in my last post to you several of the states top programs, I should have been more specific and said the last 3 years, Of the teams listed, henry county although they have not beaten either of the above mentioned teams, they have made back to back trips to the semi-finals, they have beaten a powerhouse Melrose two years in a row, once at th mound, and they have beaten Fairley in the quarter finals. That is why henry County is ranked high.

I was addressing Brighton and their number 4 ranking that you mentioned, you still hav enot answered my questions about when was their last signature win against a top program, you will find they do not have one in the last 3 years. Also when was the last time they won a playoff game? If it is tearing a team down by saying that there are 3 teams in Memphis that I consider to be better than Brighton, I am sorry for tearing them down, I guess any type of ranking system that puts anyone ahead of anyone is tearing anyone down. Never said I was smart but your logic confuses me as in consecutive sentences you call me smart and stupid.

If Brighton beats Henry county then I will admit that you are the all knowing warrior, If Henry County wins this game in a convincing manner, well then I will know that I was right. I am signing off as the well defeated prophet, as I know you will refuse to listen to good logic and attack me and my intelligence level or lack there of. The board is yours again, thaks for allowing me the honor to attempt an argument with the always disputed warrior.

I did not rank Brighton to be number four, but sportswriters did. They have seen more teams than I, therefore I will go with what they say, even if I don't agree. I never said that Brighton would beat Henry County. I will deal with that next week. Somebody sees something in Brighton that causes them to be ranked so high, and it has to be more than a local, hometown writer, for them to be as high as they are. I simply didn't understand how you could say that no team deserved to be ranked second in region 7, when sportswriters in this state say Brighton is number four in the state. I still don't agree with you, and it has nothing to do with how Henry County will fare when they play Brighton next week. It has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that these writers probably know more than you do, and they certainly at least deserve to be rated second in region 7.

How can you pick the region 8 teams to win 3 of their first 4 games and not pick HC to win region 7? I am not an odds maker, but I am almost positive that the odds of HC winning region 7 is far greater than the region 8 teams winning 3 of the first 4 playoff games. You may be right, but they would all be below HC. HC has not played any very good teams yet, but I believe they will take care of business. Those Memphis teams are probably well improved from last year, but the strides HC has shown on Off. is phenomenal. As good as Melrose's def. is, I find it hard to believe they will hold HC below35 pts. I say 35 because I figure that HC will actually have to play their starters the whole game, and 35 pts for an offense as good as theirs is very feasible. My only concern is lack of playing time for the DEF of HC because they need to shore up that run D. I think actual playing time would help a lot. I do not coach though so maybe I am wrong.

We agree a little but where we disagree is this. From what I have watched, it is the OFFENSE that rarely plays. Henry County has scored so quickly, that they are hardly on the field. The defense has played much more than the offense, and even some in the second half.

I did not rank Brighton to be number four, but sportswriters did. They have seen more teams than I, therefore I will go with what they say, even if I don't agree. I never said that Brighton would beat Henry County. I will deal with that next week. Somebody sees something in Brighton that causes them to be ranked so high, and it has to be more than a local, hometown writer, for them to be as high as they are. I simply didn't understand how you could say that no team deserved to be ranked second in region 7, when sportswriters in this state say Brighton is number four in the state. I still don't agree with you, and it has nothing to do with how Henry County will fare when they play Brighton next week. It has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that these writers probably know more than you do, and they certainly at least deserve to be rated second in region 7.

Let me clarify some things coach, you of all people should know that many sprotswriters dont know anything about Brighton except their record, If a sprotswriter actually thinks that Brighton is better than Melrose, Fairley, East, Hillsboro, Maplewood, or Maryville then I do know more than them.

You agree in mind unless you are picking Brighton ahead of Henry County as you thnk that 8-4a has 3 of the top 4 teams in regions 7-4a and 8-4a as your informants have mentioned.

my ranking was a comical way for me to say that there is not a close second to Henry County in my opinion. Why dont you oh ranking police critique the cat for putting Henry County behind two teams that have never beaten them. I will tell you why, he is entitled to his opinion as I am and you are. It is clear to me that if I agreed with you that your opinion would change so as to disagree with me.

Argue with this Warrior, and please come to Henry county's defense

Brighton is the best team in the state and none of Henry countys players could play for Brighton.

after being counseled by the Warrior my new prediction for the region 7-4a

1. Brighton

2. winner of Hardin county Liberty

3. loser hardin county liberty

4. winner of Jcm northside

5. loser JCM northside

6. Henry county

7. Munford

after the Prophet began talking about the Patriots and Brighton game before the JCm game, the Patriots buying into the prophets rankings, the Patriots snowballed into shambles and barely beat Munford 7-6 in the battle of the worst.

RW

What Sportswriter's poll are you refering too? AP?? The last listing I have seen is the Sept 22 standings with Cardinals at 7. Jackson Sun writer had them at 4. Regardless, next week is setting up for a fun night of football after tomorrow's fun night of football. Football weather is finally here!!

GO PATS!!!!!

Let me clarify some things coach, you of all people should know that many sprotswriters dont know anything about Brighton except their record, If a sprotswriter actually thinks that Brighton is better than Melrose, Fairley, East, Hillsboro, Maplewood, or Maryville then I do know more than them.

You agree in mind unless you are picking Brighton ahead of Henry County as you thnk that 8-4a has 3 of the top 4 teams in regions 7-4a and 8-4a as your informants have mentioned.

my ranking was a comical way for me to say that there is not a close second to Henry County in my opinion. Why dont you oh ranking police critique the cat for putting Henry County behind two teams that have never beaten them. I will tell you why, he is entitled to his opinion as I am and you are. It is clear to me that if I agreed with you that your opinion would change so as to disagree with me.

Argue with this Warrior, and please come to Henry county's defense

Brighton is the best team in the state and none of Henry countys players could play for Brighton.

after being counseled by the Warrior my new prediction for the region 7-4a

1. Brighton

2. winner of Hardin county Liberty

3. loser hardin county liberty

4. winner of Jcm northside

5. loser JCM northside

6. Henry county

7. Munford

after the Prophet began talking about the Patriots and Brighton game before the JCm game, the Patriots buying into the prophets rankings, the Patriots snowballed into shambles and barely beat Munford 7-6 in the battle of the worst.

Prophet, your keyboard has taken a life of it's own!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

We agree a little but where we disagree is this. From what I have watched, it is the OFFENSE that rarely plays. Henry County has scored so quickly, that they are hardly on the field. The defense has played much more than the offense, and even some in the second half.

Yes I know that the D has played more than the O, but I still feel that they still need to improve. The way Treadwell ran up the middle along with the poor tackling is cause for worry. BTW, where did you coach at? I haven't been around CoachT for long.

There is no need to pick a winner because it will soon be decided on the field at Patriot Stadium. My point is that my sources tell me that region 8 should win three out of four rirst round games. Don't count on ANYONE scoring 35 points on this year's Melrose defense. Let's get through this week and then talk about the next one.