Macon @ Hixson

geo1126

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to agree. I thought they did a good job when they first started. It is also chapping my butt that one of them is on here a lot bad mouthing Coach Cook. In my opinion, he should at least remain neutral in public if he can't be a positive reflection of the program. These forums are public, people think they can hide behind pseudo names and say want they want without reproach.

i dont think philmr is your real name .... the coaching situation is horrible .. it dont matter how much you like him . do i think he done a decent job last week. yes i do ....but why did we not tried to control the ball and clock in the first 2 games. if he is the best they can get i think they should discontinue football at macon county.. just because he is on the radio does not mean he has to kiss coach cooks #$$. what is your real name big man.

Good Post! Im only able to listen to Macon County's games on Friday nights and those of you that want something to fuss about, then fuss about the radio guys. You have no idea whats going on when listening to it on the radio. All they do is give their opinions on what should be done and why they would not have done that ... and on and on and on!

Who is doing the radio in Macon County now? Years ago a Bill Speck and a Perdue man did a pretty good job. Then Steve Speck and Coach Bob Fitzpatrick did a very good job as well. It went down hill after that but Coach Fitz was still doing a good job on his part. Just wondering who was doing it now.

I'm sorry prideman but i've gotta disagree with that statement. A kid can't help that his or her parent is an idiot!!! It's not there fault and no coach should punish a kid for what there parent does. I don't know where you're from but your coach is wrong. I don't personally know Coach Cook but i'm sure he's doing the best he can with what he's got or atleast in his opinion he's doing his best. Sometimes secondhand information isn't the best or most informative way of knowing what's really going on. All parents think that tere little johnny or susie is the best player on the field but as we all know that's not always the case. Of course when there baby ain't playing then that coach is an idiot!!! Good win last week take that and grow from it. Good luck tigers!!!

Excellent post. This kinda of garbage has always went on in Macon County. My senior year as a player there (back in 1990) was the first winning season Macon was able to put together in several years and we did it with a coach that was hired about 5 weeks before the season started. We did not even have a spring practice. All you heard win or lose was how terrible he was. Then my last year as a coach there in 2003 we were winning the first round play off game and took a pretty good cussing from 2 fans because we were not kicking the ball deep to the only threat the other team had. We had a safe lead in the second half and kicked to the kid and he would still be running if we had not had a fence around the field. We went on to the semi finals that year and lost to Fulton. Macon County had never won a playoff game before that season and we were still catching this kind of crap from a great deal of the fans. Don't get me wrong, we had some of the best fans in the state that were very supportive no matter what, but its the same people (or same bloodline of people) that have been running off coaches since the late 80's that are still doing it in Macon County today. I love the Big Blue Tigers and wish the best to them. Daniel Cook is a great guy and is doing a pretty dang good job with the talent he has to work with. He is a better man than I am cause I got out and want return to that same ole mess.

Excellent post. This kinda of garbage has always went on in Macon County. My senior year as a player there (back in 1990) was the first winning season Macon was able to put together in several years and we did it with a coach that was hired about 5 weeks before the season started. We did not even have a spring practice. All you heard win or lose was how terrible he was. Then my last year as a coach there in 2003 we were winning the first round play off game and took a pretty good cussing from 2 fans because we were not kicking the ball deep to the only threat the other team had. We had a safe lead in the second half and kicked to the kid and he would still be running if we had not had a fence around the field. We went on to the semi finals that year and lost to Fulton. Macon County had never won a playoff game before that season and we were still catching this kind of crap from a great deal of the fans. Don't get me wrong, we had some of the best fans in the state that were very supportive no matter what, but its the same people (or same bloodline of people) that have been running off coaches since the late 80's that are still doing it in Macon County today. I love the Big Blue Tigers and wish the best to them. Daniel Cook is a great guy and is doing a pretty dang good job with the talent he has to work with. He is a better man than I am cause I got out and want return to that same ole mess.

He has run to many players off. He has not played the wright players and knows it. He has played the game of politics to keep his job instead of playing the best and everyone knows this. This is not to mention the truth not being told half the time. pearl -cohn was not a good football team at all. The tigers played thier butts off I was told, good for them. He has won 13 of 34 games how this is good. It dont matter what kind of person you are just win. If he can keep winning lets keep him, but u do the math at the end of the season.

i dont think philmr is your real name .... the coaching situation is horrible .. it dont matter how much you like him . do i think he done a decent job last week. yes i do ....but why did we not tried to control the ball and clock in the first 2 games. if he is the best they can get i think they should discontinue football at macon county.. just because he is on the radio does not mean he has to kiss coach cooks #$$. what is your real name big man.

Well Im pretty sure your real name isn't footballace2003 so if you want other people to tell their real name, why don't you come out and tell who you really are.

He has run to many players off. He has not played the wright players and knows it. He has played the game of politics to keep his job instead of playing the best and everyone knows this. This is not to mention the truth not being told half the time. pearl -cohn was not a good football team at all. The tigers played thier butts off I was told, good for them. He has won 13 of 34 games how this is good. It dont matter what kind of person you are just win. If he can keep winning lets keep him, but u do the math at the end of the season.

Ok you were told the Tigers played their butts off, which would suggest that you were not at the game. Therefore, how do you know PC wasn't a good football team unless you have watched them play earlier in the year. Also, why does it seem that a few of the "fans" on here act like they would rather see the Tigers lose, so they can fuss about the coaches, rather than see them win.

Dang yur a smart fella. My name ain't philmr.

I found some synonyms (that's means words with identical meaning) for horrible that would apply here. Let's see, you would describe the coaching situation as:

abhorrent, abominable, appalling, atrocious, awful, cruel, despicable, detestable, dire, dreadful, excruciating, ghastly, gruesome, grim, grisly, gruesome, harrowing, heinous, hideous, horrendous, horrid, horrific, loathsome, nasty, nefarious, obnoxious, repulsive, revolting, shocking, terrible, ugly, unbearable, unspeakable, vile.

I think you might want to reconsider your assessment of this coaching situation if your answer would be to discontinue football here in MC. Any semblance of wisdom from you has just completely been destroyed by that statement.

And furthermore, if you would have read my post correctly, I didn't say he had to kiss anybody's hinney. Just be neutral if he can't talk positive about the current program and it's coaching staff IN PUBLIC. Ya'll two can say what you want to anyone you want. I 'm just saying be a "big man" yourself and control yourself on these here forums for the rest of us to enjoy.