Macon @ Hixson

geo1126

I was one of the Coaches, I had all my test passed and so did all the other coaches except for one. He had taken the test but did not get his results back until June. The position of BI teacher was open and he had previously taught that position. He had everything he needed to teach that class but was let go anyway. Another who was teaching a lower level BI class was told you could not recieve tenure while teaching BI (Which is a LIE, because I did) so he was let go. I was sick of the way the director of schools was treating us along with some of the fans so I left on my on. The head Coach had been told that he could either take the black out of the uniforms or he would be fired the very day we got back from Knoxville in the semifinals. He stuck it out for one more year and left. Yes, we were run off, and know there is not enough money to get one ogf the prime coaches in the state up there. Many of them called Pat Dyer when he took the program over and told him he was making a bad choice. Their biggest 2 reasons were the fare weather fans and the politics. Thankfully he ignored them. I still love Macon County and travel up weekly to either visit my parents, grandparents, or siblings, but the no it alls that only see what is going on under the lights on Friday night are going to have to back off if you ever want to build a program up there. Good luck Coach Cook and the Big Blue Wrecking Crew. I hope you all get another W this week.

director of schools...you mean Prock?

Is that who has the most control over hiring and firing the football coaches or is it the school board....or both??? just asking....curious?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait a minute big fella....the 78 team went to the playoffs (they did get beat by hartsville in the first round) but they still went...believe that was coach Fitz and Dyer and maybe Wheeley...

Also, I think (not sure) we made it in the early to mid 80's on the back of a guy names Clay?????

Anyone confirm this?

We did make it to the playoffs but never won a game once getting there. I think we did make it to a play off game or a bowl game in the early 80's with Clay Phillips and Tony Woosley. I never said we didn't. I just said it was the first season we had worth bragging about. 7-3 in the regular season and loosing in the first round is not really worth bragging about. It is good, don't get me wrong, but just a little short. JMHO

I wish I knew something about Hixon to actually be able to discuss this game. I know that the tigers will put everything they have into this game and hopefully that will produce a win. tnchad, did you play at Macon? Or graduate from there? Glad to see your support of the program. I do miss the "good times" I had there as a player and a coach.

I did not play I was in the marching band...so I never missed a game...GO MACON

Is Mark and Tim the best they could come up with? lol jk. I was just wondering because of the earlier post about the radio.

Look guys...we're not talking the Titans radio here....I think they do a great job...they keep you informed for the most part and they are very entertaining...

I'm sure they're not doing it for the money....plus...I don't care if they are on this board talking bout "whatever" ...last time I checked it's a free country.....

and I'll have to admit this Macon thread normally ain't boring!!!!!!!!!

Look guys...we're not talking the Titans radio here....I think they do a great job...they keep you informed for the most part and they are very entertaining...

I'm sure they're not doing it for the money....plus...I don't care if they are on this board talking bout "whatever" ...last time I checked it's a free country.....

and I'll have to admit this Macon thread normally ain't boring!!!!!!!!!

I agree the radio is not bad. I have heard alot worse.

I agree the radio is not bad. I have heard alot worse.

I've heard alot better to. I had to listen for 10 minutes Friday night just to hear the score and what quarter it was. They are entertaining though, they're fun to laugh at.

Go Tigers, let's go down to Chattanooga and get another big W.

Tigers-14

Hixon-7