Page @ CAK

FootballDad

My My....did the Bulldog get under your skin? NOBODY said anything about anything underhanded...who is this guy... the spinmeister??

Sorry to say this guys...but I am not beating my chest over anything...Page has a lot to prove. I just SIMPLY stated that Page was not the same team. You are the ones taking offense to non-existent issues...been listening to too many media types about politics and reading things into something imaginary???? Right now, until Page proves it...we are just a pig with or without lipstick.

Page got beat last year......I forgot the part about the altitude(we'll bring oxygen) and the grass was too high(I'll bring a lawnmower), we'll get up an hour earlier to adjust to the time change.. Now as for the wind...well..I can't control that...maybe if your fans would stop blowing off so hard there will only be a slight breeze.....but please wait until game time. I see that you admitted the refs stole the game and we didn't even think that.

I see that no one has come to the defense of the quality of officiating in East TN........well???

I'll bring a two yr contract with me......you all can have a chance to visit the Rudderville Chamber of Commerce and our museum.

Bulldog69:

Actually, it appears that you are the expert in "spinning". I can't imagine how anyone would conclude that you were implying something was not on the "up and up" with playing CAK in Knoxville back to back, or that you were at least partially blaming referees for the loss last year after reading your posts on this thread, /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> And your "invitation" to play in Rudderville surely didn't sound like a school boy drawing a line in the dirt and daring someone to step over it, /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I'm sure that when someone did step over that line you would step backwards and draw another one, just like you have with your last post. However; your humor about mowing the grass, oxygen, and especially the wind, is witty and refreshing. And speaking of Pigs, I'm sure that if you can throw in some free bar-b-q and potato salad from the Rudderville Rubbage Cafe' that I can help you get that 2 year deal you're looking for. Oh yeah, don't forget the Sundrop, I love that stuff.

As far as defending officials, thats certainly not my strong suit. Not from E.TN, Mid.TN, W.TN, FL, GA, AL, etc........I'm sure they try, and some are better than others, but the officating is certainly no worse here than it is there. I grew up and played football in Middle TN. ( FYI: we actually have a CAK dad who is an NFL official. Maybe you could agree to let him officiate. Wait, not a good idea, we don't have instant replay)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll still bring the oxygen, the lawnmower, the 2 yr contract.....heck I'll bring my own refs........Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe.

I am counting on us not to have a letdown and be healthy. If we are, I will take my chances.

Our refs are better over here...our schools is better over here, our food is better over here , our people are better over here....blah blah blah.

You guys have put spin on it...you paraphrased it....but the fact is pretty simple Page is NOT the same team. Read whatever you want into it.

Your refs are lazy for the most part...ours are blind.

If there is justice, it would be nice to return the favor you did for us last year..... and we would take a 35-7 victory. i doubt that though.

Why is there always a teenage testosterone kid get on a thread and throw out such verbage as whining when someone expreses an opinion.....is that supposed to be some form of bullying?

The biggest difference between last year's thread and this one is that I don't see CAK fans pointing out their star players and stats and their accomplishments. For instance all you heard was Bennett this and Bennett that. Who are the standouts? I can't even tell if or who will be healthy enough to play....is that the proverbial smokescreen??

Ha, the "our schools is better" was a good line.

As far as the CAK playmakers and stats, I'll throw out a few:

The CAK QB Fromke (#10)sits at #1 in yardage in the KIL.

CAK's current leading receiver Houser (#21) sits at #4 in the KIL. CAK's has another of their top receivers who was right near the top (Brooksbank #81) of the KIL but who was injured during the 2nd game.

On defense, CAK's leading tackler Poe (LB #1) sits at #2 in the KIL.

There are many very good players on the roster, but here are a few numbers Page fans may want to look for:

#10 QB

#9 RB

#21 & 7 & 2 WR

#92 DT

# 1 LB

#23 PR / KR / DB

The bottom line is that CAK performed well in the second half of game one, performed well in all of game 2, and didn't perform well in game 3. I believe whether they win or lose this week, we will see a CAK team that plays up to their ability. If CAK can string together a few wins, the stats will take care of themselves.

It is true that CAK has been plagued by injuries this year as bad as I personally have ever witnessed on a high school team. Not complaining, just answering your question. No one injury has been devestating, but together it has taken a significant tole on effectiveness and depth. Some of those players are working their way back, and some of the players who have had to step up and step in now have several games under their belt. I believe this will pay dividends at some point.

Now, can one of the Page fans return the favor and give us a brief overview and also a few player numbers to watch for?

I already mentioned our top guys. It is the same group as last year. I saw the Page coaches at a restaurant tonight. I asked if we were going to be at full speed...........NO!!! we may not even fill a bus. DL beat us up pretty bad and we need to save our guys for Regional Play......wellllll !!!! I was mystified to say the least. So I said...really??...and not only that They said too many guys are excited about the UT game and staying over....we can't get them to concentrate on this game. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Page's coach is from your area. The EX-AD set this up with 2 games away. The coaching staff has asked for you guys to come here for 2 yrs....NO response....come on guys..at least say no!

Bus left at 5 so we can adjust to altitude and time zone. I will have to rent a lawnmower or just rent a red-neck barber up there to cut the grass. I cannot raise enough CASH to help with the refs....nor can I officially remove your refs who are under the jurisdiction of Medicare

I may have to bring a white flag for us to recover our wounded or surrender.

Here's to a Good hard fought game and no major injuries to either team and may Page pull out a victory!!!!!!!!

Page's kicker the difference!!!!!!

CAK's current leading receiver Houser (#21) sits at #4 in the KIL. CAK's has another of their top receivers who was right near the top (Brooksbank #81) of the KIL but who was injured during the 2nd game.

There are many very good players on the roster, but here are a few numbers Page fans may want to look for:

#10 QB

#9 RB

#21 & 7 & 2 WR

#92 DT

# 1 LB

#23 PR / KR / DB

The bottom line is that CAK performed well in the second half of game one, performed well in all of game 2, and didn't perform well in game 3. I believe whether they win or lose this week, we will see a CAK team that plays up to their ability. If CAK can string together a few wins, the stats will take care of themselves.

It is true that CAK has been plagued by injuries this year as bad as I personally have ever witnessed on a high school team. Not complaining, just answering your question. No one injury has been devestating, but together it has taken a significant tole on effectiveness and depth. Some of those players are working their way back, and some of the players who have had to step up and step in now have several games under their belt. I believe this will pay dividends at some point.

Now, can one of the Page fans return the favor and give us a brief overview and also a few player numbers to watch for?

Page's top players are:

#9: QB/DB

#2: RB/LB

#23: WR/DB

#16: WR/DB

#34: PK/P

All of them are very good players /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

#10 QB

#9 RB

#21 & 7 & 2 WR

#92 DT

# 1 LB

#23 PR / KR / DB

I heard that #9 RB was out with a shoulder injury, is he still out or will he be ready to play come Friday?

Thanks Catfish...I am unable to recall the numbers......I have only seen some of them for 3 yrs so I blanked out.........you left out #68.

Like I said...they all played last year!!!!

Can you relay me a score update from this game tomorrow night bulldog69?????? I should be able to get updates from several games tomorrow including:

Marshall-Columbia

Creek Wood-Fairview

Greenbrier-Portland

Spring Hill-Lawrence

David Lipscomb-Stratford

If there are any more I just am neglecting to mention them right off the top of my head. I may attempt to give you a call tomorrow sometime!!!

Thanks Catfish...I am unable to recall the numbers......I have only seen some of them for 3 yrs so I blanked out.........you left out #68.

Like I said...they all played last year!!!!

Now wait a minute! Even I know you said that none of these guys played in the CAK game last year. Remember, all the good players were benched for lack of effort. So how would we know the numbers of your key players from last year? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You might consider taking up the issue of playing at Page next year with someone in our athletic department. The CAK AD listens to me about as well as you do. I suggested swapping playing Page twice next year and dropping the Alcoa game but it didn't go over that well. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Don't waste your time trying to pay off the refs. Remember, it is a private school, and I have been trying to outbid some of the other fans so the bid is already sky high.

Dacatfish,

Thanks for the player numbers. I fully expect Page to be ready to play and give CAK all they want and more. Hoping for a good game, and a great Friday night atmosphere.

Page fans:

CAK has good concessions with burgers provided by Back Yard Burger, so get there a little early and have a bite before the game.

He didn't practice this week, just shorts and shirt. I'm sure he will dress but how much he will play no one really knows. Truly a game time decision.

FootballDad,

Is there anyone expected to be available that wasn't available in the last week or two? No need to be specific if you prefer. I have heard there are fans from other teams that read these boards too... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Now wait a minute! Even I know you said that none of these guys played in the CAK game last year. Remember, all the good players were benched for lack of effort. So how would we know the numbers of your key players from last year? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You might consider taking up the issue of playing at Page next year with someone in our athletic department. The CAK AD listens to me about as well as you do. I suggested swapping playing Page twice next year and dropping the Alcoa game but it didn't go over that well. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Don't waste your time trying to pay off the refs. Remember, it is a private school, and I have been trying to outbid some of the other fans so the bid is already sky high.

Page must be very proud to have you as the primary spokesperson. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Dacatfish,

Thanks for the player numbers. I fully expect Page to be ready to play and give CAK all they want and more. Hoping for a good game, and a great Friday night atmosphere.

Page fans:

CAK has good concessions with burgers provided by Back Yard Burger, so get there a little early and have a bite before the game.

First of all...and listen carefully now. I said last year's seniors were benched....go ahead and read it again. "THE SENIORS" were benched...all the players who played were "UNDERCLASSMEN" It had to be underclassmen who played because there were only like 12 Seniors. Try on your private school reading comprehension and see how that works. Keep your eye on #68....what a killer!!!

Secondly, Page fans before you buy any burgers, make sure that you have seen a CAK fan eat one first.

Thirdly, I am not a Page spokesperson ..only a long term fan. Almost all of the Page fans and spokepersons are really nice people. I just say what is on my mind like I have for almost seven years on here. I really could care less what others think.

Fourly, Catfish, if I can I will call the station and get the info to you

Fifthly...or is it filthy....GO PAGE!!!!

By the way...it has been a joy getting under your skin this week!!!