Vince Young Done?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I saw at the game- the sulking after the interception and predicatable cascade of boos; the dismissing of advice and counsel from many, including Albert Haynesworth, the taking off of his helmet and sitting down; the defense bailing them out and his "reluctance" to go back into the game (either he wasn't watching the game and knew the defense had gotten a three and out- or he wasn't going to play, i.e., "quit" on his team), to him going back into the game ("tight hamstring?") and getting hurt- all I can say is:

Vince, grow up. Or, if you can't get beyond that it's not all about you- take off that "C" on your jersey until you think you can deal with being a leader- and not just in your opinion.

Here is a serious thought- with his athleticism, his size, and his speed- does he have any hands?

As a wide receiver, he won't have to have the burden and glare of being a QB in the professional league and the resulting pressure. The Titans need an athletic receiver who can make plays after the catch- they don't need an immature pouter who wishes he was back in Austin, all safe and secure.

Big crossroads in his early career.

As Jimmy Hyams told Climer on SportsTalk in Knoxville yesterday....

"Next time you see Vince, tell him thanks for giving us something else to talk about in Knoxville."

As for me......

Told you so. His rookie year I believe.

Too bad after one game it looks like I completely wiffed on my assessment of Aaron Rodgers.

This is not looking good for Vince.

This makes the second time in his career he has contemplated quitting professional football. He is not handling the criticism and pressure that comes with the position; however, he should thank his lucky stars he's not playing in a major market or in Houston- the level of criticism in this area has been mild. With his apparent "quitting" during Sunday's game, he needs to take some time out and get his stuff together.

His mother's comments are what a mother should do, but her claim he is being persecuted doesn't hold water.

Where he stands with his teammates inside the locker room and with his coaches is a whole 'nother story.

The list of Texas Wonderboys not cutting it at the top level (Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, VY) is rapidly catching up with USC wide receivers who are college-only wonders.

That being said, the Titan's sign another Texas QB-VY's predecessor Chris "I thought Tennessee was racist" Simms as a back-up/successor to VY (the hand of Bud Adams here?).

Too good of a team have this saga drag them down- I hope.

This story just keeps getting better and better. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I seriously would love to pony up for seats within ear-shot of Simms if he is still around when I am there for the Packers/Titans game.

Ah......tried to tell everyone that VY wasn't that great.

Has one Longhorn been successful in the NFL?

Well, VY spoke for a few minutes after practice today to the assembled media.

Not the hardest hitting questions (another reason for him to thank his lucky stars he's not playing in Philly), but in summary:

He talked to McNair and McNabb (and went to McDonalds and ate a McChicken?) and they advised him on how to handle things;

He wants to play football;

He is a leader (said about 6 times)

He is a competitor (said about 40 times)

He is a role model, a team player, he got down on himself, needed some time to clear his head (never been booed, never been hurt);

He's OK, don't worry, he's gonna be a football player because that's all he's ever wanted.

The Monday night incident?

"That's just Mom being Mom (or Manny being Manny). She always wants to know where I am, I guess."

Sounds all peachy and wonderful and a big misunderstanding /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Beautiful Vince- now show us Leadership, show us Maturity, show us Commitment, show us Poise. Dont ever do this crup again.

Beg forgiveness and understanding from your home boys.

Read Michael Whitlock's column.

Maybe it was good fortune that Kerry had to play today in the wind tunnel at Cincy.

No way on this planet could Vince have strong armed a throw even semi-accurately in those conditions. We've seen what he can do in ideal conditions, and his ball flutters. They would've fluttered to the other team all day long.

Titans would have lost this game if they didn't have Kerry throwing perfectly timed fastballs in to the receivers.

Next up the Texans!

• 2 weeks later...