Jefferson Co. @ Morr. East

ernieg

I really hope that East can find a way to win this game, but I do not feel very good about it for East (again, I am a West fan, but always pull for the home teams). I have looked at the information that is available (cannot find yards per game or any of that statistical data -- which is a real shame -- someone should make a 5 Rivers Web site with the information available to everyone -- see the Mountain Lakes conference Web site it is great) and have found the following:

ME has scored 49 points or 24.5/game and allowed 24 points or 17/game -- their opponents have a record of 0 wins and 5 losses.

Jeff has scored 82 points or 27.3/game and allowed 80 points or 26.7/game -- their opponents have record of 5 wins and 3 losses.

On paper both teams are extremely even, with Jeff getting a slight nod due to the teams they have played. If this was West's open week I would be at this game. I really think it will be a classic with two good teams playing hard the entire night. I hope that both teams have a good game, no injuries and a Cane win.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morristown East has other players, just T-Howell is special. We are a good team without him, but

we could become a great team with him. If the patriot D spend all their time on T-Howell, other players

will beat Jeff Co. The wing T is a offense that makes Defense play honest. When T-Howell goes in motion,

and Jeff Co. starts running at him. One of our other runningbacks could be gone. Stoping T-Howell is

a start, if Jeff Co. is to win Friday Night. I think this game will come down to turnover & what Defense

can slow down the other team. Good luck to both Teams, lets have a clean game. GO CANES!

I agree. Tee is a special athelte but if anyone watched the DC game, Tee caught a perfectly thrown pass for a TD. Threw a pass to a WIDE open TE because they bit hard on the FB fake at the goaline and on his TD run, he was virtually untouched and unnoticed because the D bit on DD Johnson whom had torched them with big runs up the gut. Tee is a great player but when he is in there, he makes everyone else better because the D has to focus on him. Calling East a one man show tells me you have not seen us play.

I agree. Tee is a special athelte but if anyone watched the DC game, Tee caught a perfectly thrown pass for a TD. Threw a pass to a WIDE open TE because they bit hard on the FB fake at the goaline and on his TD run, he was virtually untouched and unnoticed because the D bit on DD Johnson whom had torched them with big runs up the gut. Tee is a great player but when he is in there, he makes everyone else better because the D has to focus on him. Calling East a one man show tells me you have not seen us play.

This may be a close game decided by the defensive play by both teams.

I expect Brooks will be assigned more touches to pick up the slack

with the loss of McFall. I hope the East middle line backer keeps a close

eye on Brooks and meets him when he comes through the line .

I am not sure East is ready yet to play stronger competition. They are

improving each game and this should be another step up to get ready

for their next conference game.

Go Canes !!

This may be a close game decided by the defensive play by both teams.

I expect Brooks will be assigned more touches to pick up the slack

with the loss of McFall. I hope the East middle line backer keeps a close

eye on Brooks and meets him when he comes through the line .

You seem to forget about Toliver who scored all 3 Tds last week. And averages over 100+ yds a game. He's not a power runner but does have some slick moves.

I agree. Tee being in the game makes a D worry. He opens up the entire field and is a double threat to run or pass. Tonight's game should be enteresting. Unfortunately I will miss this one. I am stuck in LA with the TN Army National Gaurd waiting for Ike to slap Tina er uh Texas. This game should be close. The Vegas bookies shouldn't even put a line on this one. Flip a coin, your odds will be better!

As for the comments last week about the radio stations, let me explain. I had worked for WCRK as a color man and sidleine reporter before that. I was deployed during the season last year. When I returned I was told I was not going to be allowed to returned to my position, even though my job was protected by federal law. I am letting people who get paid a whole lot of money take care of that issue.

Last year WBGQ started running East Football and was given the endorsement from the school as the Official Voice of Hurricane Football. After being told I wasn't going to be allowed back in the booth by WCRK I expected to sit out this season from broadcasting. At noon before the Karns game, I was given a call by WBGQ to come and do the sideline job. I actually hesitated, but tok the job because all I wanted was to be a part of the broadcast of East football. It has been great getting back on the sideline with the kids and having the best seat in the house on Friday night.

Fortunately, my new employer is more military freindly and I know I will have a job when I return from LA and my duties to the military.

Sorry NOONESFOOL. I didn't mean to snub ya. I have been super busy since getting home and haven't had much of a chance to even log on to coacht. I am very lucky to even glance at it today. Hopefully I will be home for the G-ville game and will be able to catch up with you there.

I agree. Tee being in the game makes a D worry. He opens up the entire field and is a double threat to run or pass. Tonight's game should be enteresting. Unfortunately I will miss this one. I am stuck in LA with the TN Army National Gaurd waiting for Ike to slap Tina er uh Texas. This game should be close. The Vegas bookies shouldn't even put a line on this one. Flip a coin, your odds will be better!

As for the comments last week about the radio stations, let me explain. I had worked for WCRK as a color man and sidleine reporter before that. I was deployed during the season last year. When I returned I was told I was not going to be allowed to returned to my position, even though my job was protected by federal law. I am letting people who get paid a whole lot of money take care of that issue.

Jeff Co must play with the same intensity as they played Greeneville. Hard hits on every play and make East dread taking the field on change of posessions. They do this, then they will come out on top.

As for WCRK: I hope you nail their 6 to the wall!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I really hope that East can find a way to win this game, but I do not feel very good about it for East (again, I am a West fan, but always pull for the home teams). I have looked at the information that is available (cannot find yards per game or any of that statistical data -- which is a real shame -- someone should make a 5 Rivers Web site with the information available to everyone -- see the Mountain Lakes conference Web site it is great) and have found the following:

ME has scored 49 points or 24.5/game and allowed 24 points or 17/game -- their opponents have a record of 0 wins and 5 losses.

Jeff has scored 82 points or 27.3/game and allowed 80 points or 26.7/game -- their opponents have record of 5 wins and 3 losses.

On paper both teams are extremely even, with Jeff getting a slight nod due to the teams they have played. If this was West's open week I would be at this game. I really think it will be a classic with two good teams playing hard the entire night. I hope that both teams have a good game, no injuries and a Cane win.

Conerns for East:

1. East has given up a total of 34 points and has an average winning margin of 7 ppg against two teams that are currently 0-4 overall;

2. East has the lowest strength of schedule (.333) of any team in either the MLC or 5 Rivers Conf. as of this writing

Concerns for Jeff:

1. How quickly and effectively can the offense adapt w/o McFall;

2. Offense has only scored 20 points in each of the last two games;

3. Omitting Karns, the remaining region one opponents have a combined record of 9 wins and 2 losses

Brooks and Toliver will be hard to stop. Darby can throw as well as run if needed. Our corners finally played last week and hopefully will do so this week. Yes, Allen and McFall will be missed but JC is not a one player team like East. Jefferson County wins this one.

But the East fans state emphatically that they are not a one person team...No matter what happened in the Crockett game.

This will be a close game, but if it is really close in the 4th I think that East has the advantage. Home field and Mo Town officials kinda have a reputation. However the biggiest advantage MEast has is the loss of McFall. He will be missed as leader just as much if not more than as a player on the field.

Keys to victory for the Patriots:

1. None or very few turnovers

2. Complete 4-6 passes at critical times

3. No break downs on special teams (I hope no pooch kickoffs)

Keys to victory for the Hurricanes:

1. Pressure new QB

2. Throw the ball

3. Not missing tackles

My prediction:

East 13 Jeff Co 20