Franklin vs. McGavock

sportsgenius101

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen McGavock in a few years, but they used to rely on toss sweeps and trying to beat you to the outside corner. They will probably throw in some counter dive misdirection to keep it lively. I really don't see that being effective. Where I continue to worry is the deep ball. McGavock used to remind me of Hunters Lane in that most of the time they do as I previously stated but if they have a kid with an arm and they can't get to the corners they'll throw some 30-40 yard sideline routes trying for a quick strike. I look for Franklin to show some great improvement in those situations, if not this could be a 42-28 type ball game! If McGavock doesn't have a throwing QB it could be all FHS JV by halftime!

All i have to say is definatly DO NOT overlook Mcgavock. They have tons of teem speed with Zack Franklin and Charlie alexander and they run a Shotgun Wishbone with also some normal shotgun things. They definatly have some great recievers and a really quick and good defensive line. I wouldnt count them out in this one although Franklin is playing some great ball. Mcgavock could definatly sneek up on Franklin if Franklin doesnt watch it.

I haven't seen McGavock in a few years, but they used to rely on toss sweeps and trying to beat you to the outside corner. They will probably throw in some counter dive misdirection to keep it lively. I really don't see that being effective. Where I continue to worry is the deep ball. McGavock used to remind me of Hunters Lane in that most of the time they do as I previously stated but if they have a kid with an arm and they can't get to the corners they'll throw some 30-40 yard sideline routes trying for a quick strike. I look for Franklin to show some great improvement in those situations, if not this could be a 42-28 type ball game! If McGavock doesn't have a throwing QB it could be all FHS JV by halftime!

I love all your insight. You are a very smart man sir.

I have alot of Faith in Franklin, becasue in many aspects Franklin has the ability to control games. But to be honest this game kinda scares me for a few reasons.

1) Trap-Game--- This games against the Raiders is "sandwiched" between two region rivals (Ravenwood & Indy), Just the location of the game poses a few issues. How does Franklin respond after such a dominant performance? Does Franklin overlook/ look past McGavock (which has been an easy Win in the past) towards Indy?

2) Pure Talent--- McGavock has always been loaded with speed and talent, and therefor they pose a threat on any given Friday. McHavock's D-line is no joke (I have heard that it looks better than Hillsboro's & Ravenwood's).

3) Almost Too Good---Franklin has played three near perfect games, at what point do a few mistakes appear? and if there was ever a game they might "under-play" it would be this one (and I guess they could afford too)

FHS, keep working hard. you all are an unbelievable 3-0, but put the work in on MHS & IHS to become 5-0 when you wak up against Brentwood.

ONE GAME AT A TIME

Have you seen how Franklin's defense has been playing? They shut out Ravenwood, a pretty solid team. FHS JV at halftime would be amazing.

I have alot of Faith in Franklin, becasue in many aspects Franklin has the ability to control games. But to be honest this game kinda scares me for a few reasons.

1) Trap-Game--- This games against the Raiders is "sandwiched" between two region rivals (Ravenwood & Indy), Just the location of the game poses a few issues. How does Franklin respond after such a dominant performance? Does Franklin overlook/ look past McGavock (which has been an easy Win in the past) towards Indy?

2) Pure Talent--- McGavock has always been loaded with speed and talent, and therefor they pose a threat on any given Friday. McHavock's D-line is no joke (I have heard that it looks better than Hillsboro's & Ravenwood's).

3) Almost Too Good---Franklin has played three near perfect games, at what point do a few mistakes appear? and if there was ever a game they might "under-play" it would be this one (and I guess they could afford too)

FHS, keep working hard. you all are an unbelievable 3-0, but put the work in on MHS & IHS to become 5-0 when you wak up against Brentwood.

ONE GAME AT A TIME

Good point about the near perfection. Don't want to jinx Grahm but we need to keep this ball on the ground and let the O-Line perfect their skill. If as you say McGavock is bigger more athletic on defensive front, it would be a perfect time to bring out some reverses( to compensate over pursuit) and HOT PASSES( assuming they put 8 in the box)! I cant believe with FHS's speed we have not seen any reverses this year (or have I been asleep) And Dadgum it throw the ball to the tightend!!!! I don't believe FHS will get deep in the playoffs until they perfect those two plays. I haven't seen either one yet.