Centennial

cougar31

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we can keep our heads up and stay on track we have enough talent to run the table from here and take state!!!!

thats after we give franklin a good beating!!

OMG Alumni, I thought you were more intelligent than that. Seriously, IF CHS keeps it together and they do make the playoffs......

Do you think they could stay with a Franklin team??? or a Brentwood team??

Be for real...you have seen all three teams play this year and the quality of opponents...(Bruins will finally be tested this weekend)

All of the posters here are CHS people and I commend you for "Positive" thinking..but smell the daisies....get real.

OMG Alumni, I thought you were more intelligent than that. Seriously, IF CHS keeps it together and they do make the playoffs......

Do you think they could stay with a Franklin team??? or a Brentwood team??

Be for real...you have seen all three teams play this year and the quality of opponents...(Bruins will finally be tested this weekend)

All of the posters here are CHS people and I commend you for "Positive" thinking..but smell the daisies....get real.

I see your point. But I believed we were all having a similar conversation about the 2006 Independence team. Not saying it will happen, but it HAS happened before. As long as we stay consistent, keep our intensity, and continue to improve on our mistakes, there is no telling who can beat.

I see your point. But I believed we were all having a similar conversation about the 2006 Independence team. Not saying it will happen, but it HAS happened before. As long as we stay consistent, keep our intensity, and continue to improve on our mistakes, there is no telling who can beat.

I understand....and I would like to see a Centennial team go to the playoffs...

Brentwood was a tough loss and they didnt "kill" you....as the season grows so will their intensity...and then there is Franklin, who seems to be clicking all on cylinders. Their defense is getting better with every game....and I dont see anyone slowing down their offense, too much talent and many weapons..plus they have a head of steam...Im just saying if CHS was over .500 and an easier schedule down the stretch, I could swallow it better... but state?

There is no possible way to make it to state not to mention winning it. BUT, I do think Centennial can make playoffs. I think region will end Brentwood/Franklin one and two spot depends on outcome of heads up play winner of the game takes region. And Indy/Centennial will be third and fourth. I think thats the four teams though I don't see Ravenwood making it again this year and no way dickson county.

I understand....and I would like to see a Centennial team go to the playoffs...

Brentwood was a tough loss and they didnt "kill" you....as the season grows so will their intensity...and then there is Franklin, who seems to be clicking all on cylinders. Their defense is getting better with every game....and I dont see anyone slowing down their offense, too much talent and many weapons..plus they have a head of steam...Im just saying if CHS was over .500 and an easier schedule down the stretch, I could swallow it better... but state?

Yeah I'd probably settle for playoffs right now. But crazier things have happened.

Let's do the math to make this thing simple.

Brentwood and Franklin look to be the cream of the crop so if things go to plan they are 1 and 2.

This leaves 2 playoff spots open for the rest of the region.

I think it is safe to say that all will battle for it but some teams just do not have all the pieces such as Northeast Clarksville and Columbia.

This leaves us with 2 spots and 4 teams.

Independence really put themselves behind the eight ball with a surprising loss to Centennial.

Dickson County hasn't shown much so I believe they may be your DARKEST dark horse.

Centennial and Ravenwood still have the upper hand at this point in the season as they can control their own destiny as far as head to head tie breakers are concerned. (Take care of your own business!)

Realistically speaking, there are 2 playoff spots and 3 teams trying to get in there.

Independence, Ravenwood, and Centennial will battle for those 2 spots.

I realize this started as a Centennial post so I will answer by saying you need to win the ones you are expected to win (NE Clarksville and Columbia) and beat EITHER Ravenwood or Dickson County. I believe that should be enough to get in the postseason. Of course beating all four of those opponents would be great if you are a Cougar fan.

On a side note, it will be interesting how Independence responds in their next contest.

Yes, but there is a difference, Indy was good. CHS has one good win, you beat Page, congratulations, no one could care less. I will give you that your win vs. Indy was good, but seriously, you really think you can beat a team like Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood (even as bad as they looked the other night)? Really?