Centennial

cougar31

Ok I am watching the CHS vs IHS on channel 3 as we type.......That CHS team with their great 1st half, will not NOT hold a candle to Franklin and or Brentwood.....I dont see how you can keep saying that...Lets break it down and you tell me what advantages and disavantages are....

Not sure what you are referring to in this 1st half thing, CHS played awesome, if not better, in the second half.

As far as advantages and disadvantages go....

Advantages:

Running Game: This Cougars look like they have finally found a great fit in that I formation. The extra blocker combined with the improved O-Line have given Raymond, Tony, and Chaz just enough space to make a play. A weak point last year, it has been our calling card this year.

Athleticism: I know this doesn't always translate into success in football, but it does provide alot of advantages in certain areas. If these athletes can find open space and create one-on-one matchups, then alot of times we can pick up a big chunk of yardage. An athletic QB like Scales can escape tackles and buy your offense alot of extra time to make a play.

Secondary: Has always been the strong point of the Centennial defense. I rarely see a CHS safety or DB get beat deep or break coverage. This kind of ties in with athleticism, but is hard to get free from backs with that kind of speed.

Experienced QB: It is very rare that a high school team has the benefit of having a 4-year starter like Chaz Scales. He knows how to run the offense and knows how to carry the team. Also, experience like that can help him limit mistakes and make good decisions

Disadvantages

Passing Game: Last week, we saw what Chaz can look like when he's sharp. But two weeks ago, we saw what happens when he's not. As long as we keep to our gameplan and establish the run to set up the pass-not try to carry the team on the passing game.

Inexperienced Line: Alot of times this season, both lines have played sloppy. The O-Line has missed some blocking assignments and the D-line has been caught overpursuing, allowing the RB basically to have a free shot into the the second level.

Run Defense: Still remains the biggest question mark. Some drives, we've played great and shut down the running game. Other times, the other team has marched down the field 5 yards at a time. We need to limit the inconsistencies and tighten up the holes. A power-rushing team like Siegel should provide an excellent test.

Size: Although this is the biggest team we have had in a while, we're still a little undersized compared to teams like Brentwood and Franklin. This doesn't always translate into a disadvantage, but some of the more powerful teams may beat us in the running game.

Indy proved what everyone has been saying, we have the talent to be successful. The result will be simple. As long as we play to our advantages and continue to work on our weaknesses, then CHS will have a very good shot of making it to the playoffs this year. If we don't improve every week and play inconsistent, then we wont. That is the bottom line. But from what I've seen this year, I think Centennial has a great chance.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powercat, In all seriousness, what team do you cheeer for? It seems like half your posts are pro-CHS and the other half are posts that cut them down. I'm not trashing your opinions, it just seems like your posts are very jekyll-and-hyde when it comes to CHS.

I am for Centennial 100%, but it is way to early to have fans saying Centennial will be in the playoffs and possibly state based on one win against an Indy team that is very young and not a power. I don't think they can beat siegel because siegel is better than last year. I just wonder what will be said when Northeast plays Centennial and possibly wins. This talk is very premature and will look foolish if Centennial does not live up to all this talk. Let the players play and there will be plenty of time to talk after the fact. One win does not validate all this hype. I saw every game last season and the team is better this year I agree, but they are still an unproven team. Centennial needs to stay low key and continue to play hard and hopefully win some games and see what happens.

Not sure what you are referring to in this 1st half thing, CHS played awesome, if not better, in the second half.

Advantages:

Running Game: This Cougars look like they have finally found a great fit in that I formation. The extra blocker combined with the improved O-Line have given Raymond, Tony, and Chaz just enough space to make a play. A weak point last year, it has been our calling card this year.

Athleticism: I know this doesn't always translate into success in football, but it does provide alot of advantages in certain areas. If these athletes can find open space and create one-on-one matchups, then alot of times we can pick up a big chunk of yardage. An athletic QB like Scales can escape tackles and buy your offense alot of extra time to make a play.

Secondary: Has always been the strong point of the Centennial defense. I rarely see a CHS safety or DB get beat deep or break coverage. This kind of ties in with athleticism, but is hard to get free from backs with that kind of speed.

Experienced QB: It is very rare that a high school team has the benefit of having a 4-year starter like Chaz Scales. He knows how to run the offense and knows how to carry the team. Also, experience like that can help him limit mistakes and make good decisions

Disadvantages

Passing Game: Last week, we saw what Chaz can look like when he's sharp. But two weeks ago, we saw what happens when he's not. As long as we keep to our gameplan and establish the run to set up the pass-not try to carry the team on the passing game.

Inexperienced Line: Alot of times this season, both lines have played sloppy. The O-Line has missed some blocking assignments and the D-line has been caught overpursuing, allowing the RB basically to have a free shot into the the second level.

Run Defense: Still remains the biggest question mark. Some drives, we've played great and shut down the running game. Other times, the other team has marched down the field 5 yards at a time. We need to limit the inconsistencies and tighten up the holes. A power-rushing team like Siegel should provide an excellent test.

Size: Although this is the biggest team we have had in a while, we're still a little undersized compared to teams like Brentwood and Franklin. This doesn't always translate into a disadvantage, but some of the more powerful teams may beat us in the running game.

Indy proved what everyone has been saying, we have the talent to be successful. The result will be simple. As long as we play to our advantages and continue to work on our weaknesses, then CHS will have a very good shot of making it to the playoffs this year. If we don't improve every week and play inconsistent, then we wont. That is the bottom line. But from what I've seen this year, I think Centennial has a great chance.

thanks chs good luck this week and the only thing that will hurt ur team is that word they need to play as a team but keep in back of ur mind INDY has a very pourous defense -

Ask this question: "Why is Drew Kelly not playing this Friday?"

While you may be pondering that question, ask this "why is the best receiver you have doing one-on-one drills on Tuesday of game week and the "premier" qb see's no action? Answer : DADDY

Don't say basketball.

has nothing to do with bb

Would you mine answering that question for us then.

Drew was put into a two-on-two hambebrurger drill to see who is the toughest DUMB, one of your best players gets hurt to see if he is tuff. Funny though, Chaz Scales does non of those drills. why do you think, Coach---nah the real coach of the program :

"Daddy Scales" or Burrell, mister ego!

Advantages:

Disadvantages

Drew was put into a two-on-two hambebrurger drill to see who is the toughest DUMB, one of your best players gets hurt to see if he is tuff. Funny though, Chaz Scales does non of those drills. why do you think, Coach---nah the real coach of the program :

"Daddy Scales" or Burrell, mister ego!

What are you trying to say can you make it a little clearer.