Centennial

cougar31

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a historical season to the Cougars up to this point.

-6-2 is best record in school history at this point in season

-6 games: longest winning streak in school history

-First time in school history that they defeat 2 playoff teams from the year before

-With wins over both Indy and Ravenwood will assure that Centennial gets their first win over a current-year playoff team since 2004

-Chaz Scales' 21 TD's shatters the school record set by Curtis Steele

-On pace to be the best statistical offense in school history

What does all this mean?......

Absolutely Nothing

It's been a great season, but its not over yet. It's time now to finish what we've started. After the bye, CHS will get two tough opponents in two weeks. This is not the time to coast. Play one game at a time and don't even think about the playoffs until the clock at Franklin hits :00. Keep playing smart, stay focused, and finish the job at hand. If you do all those things, great things will come to you.

It's been a historical season to the Cougars up to this point.

-6-2 is best record in school history at this point in season

-6 games: longest winning streak in school history

-First time in school history that they defeat 2 playoff teams from the year before

-With wins over both Indy and Ravenwood will assure that Centennial gets their first win over a current-year playoff team since 2004

-Chaz Scales' 21 TD's shatters the school record set by Curtis Steele

-On pace to be the best statistical offense in school history

What does all this mean?......

Absolutely Nothing

It's been a great season, but its not over yet. It's time now to finish what we've started. After the bye, CHS will get two tough opponents in two weeks. This is not the time to coast. Play one game at a time and don't even think about the playoffs until the clock at Franklin hits :00. Keep playing smart, stay focused, and finish the job at hand. If you do all those things, great things will come to you.

It's been great to see Centennial finally get over the hump. But the work is not done.

HUGE NEWS FOR CENTENNIAL COUGAR FANS:

The Tennessean just had an article discussing which teams would be in which classification 1A-6A.

Centennial, with around 1250 students, will remain in 5A, while Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Independence and Dickson Co. would all be moving up to 6A. Columbia and Clarksville NE will remain in 5A as well.

What do Cougar fans feel about this split?

The Tennessean just had an article discussing which teams would be in which classification 1A-6A.

Centennial, with around 1250 students, will remain in 5A, while Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Independence and Dickson Co. would all be moving up to 6A. Columbia and Clarksville NE will remain in 5A as well.

Are you sure that Columbia and Clark NE are still in your district? I looked on the reclass thread on pg 1 and according to that you guys are the only 5A team.

We would still play all the 6A teams every year (there was concern that we would no longer play schools like FHS, BHS, and Indy.) Its set up into three classes (A, AA, AAA or I, II, III) but each class is broken up into two subclasses for playoff purposes. This is similar to the way Michigan and Illinois have it set up.

From what I heard, the divisions will be pretty much identical to 11-AAA in basketball, with the classifications being:

5A-Centennial, Hillsboro, Hillwood

6A-Brentwood, Franklin, Independence, Overton, Ravenwood

We would play every team in our AAA, with each game counting in the region standings. There will be a predetermined set of automatic berths for each subclass (based on # of teams in the subclass). The remaining playoff spots will be wildcard format. (still not sure how they're running that)

You have that right we still have 2 games left and after that each game could be our last.

PF PA

Franklin 292 127

Brentwood 208 91

CHS 244 171

RHS 137 174

INDY 176 204

i was surprised to see that many pts given up by RHS and CHS and note the INDY points against..I know the stats are just that as game is played on the field but thought it was interesting sidenote-

CHS I will jump on the Cougar bandwagon after you play FHS, I am very happy for your program and coach M is doing a great job--- you have looked very good this season BUT you have not yet beat a quality team ( but i do give credit to you for beating the teams you are supposed to beat ) you can say early season losses to Brentwood and page dont count but your wins versus a very poor Glencliff ( 2 wins ) and a Siegal team ( 3 losses) that you won 22-20, yet Brentwood won 31-17. Throw in region play with INDY having a down year, Dickson county one win, and a Ravenwood team that is up and down and very young .I wouldnt be packing for the BORO just yet, enjoy the ride and i am very happy for your school and team , you will have me cheeting for you come playoff time....

If it plays out come playoff time, and you face Hendersonville they dont have an offense that you should worry about, but has played some speed teams this year very well but you should prevail

Scales rushes-67 -yds 570 ave 8.5 td 8 690 yds passing (what make him a real threat is that they do have running backs 404 yds and 363 yds respectfully in Jackson and Kemp ) so as scales has only aired it out 74 times this season when he does pass it makes it really tough on the defense

We would still play all the 6A teams every year (there was concern that we would no longer play schools like FHS, BHS, and Indy.) Its set up into three classes (A, AA, AAA or I, II, III) but each class is broken up into two subclasses for playoff purposes. This is similar to the way Michigan and Illinois have it set up.

From what I heard, the divisions will be pretty much identical to 11-AAA in basketball, with the classifications being:

5A-Centennial, Hillsboro, Hillwood

6A-Brentwood, Franklin, Independence, Overton, Ravenwood

We would play every team in our AAA, with each game counting in the region standings. There will be a predetermined set of automatic berths for each subclass (based on # of teams in the subclass). The remaining playoff spots will be wildcard format. (still not sure how they're running that)

I may be wrong but what I have seen has Hboro and Hwood in a metro district. Go to pg 1 of the reclass thread. It looks to me as if Cent. is the only 5A team but I know that cant be right either.

I may be wrong but what I have seen has Hboro and Hwood in a metro district. Go to pg 1 of the reclass thread. It looks to me as if Cent. is the only 5A team but I know that cant be right either.

There's alot of different theories and proposals out there. The most common one I've heard was the basketball classification or something close to that. There would be a metro division, but it would be teams like Antioch, McGavock, Hunters Lane, etc.

Scales rushes-67 -yds 570 ave 8.5 td 8 690 yds passing (what make him a real threat is that they do have running backs 404 yds and 363 yds respectfully in Jackson and Kemp ) so as scales has only aired it out 74 times this season when he does pass it makes it really tough on the defense

I think I already corrected you on Chaz's stats on the other thread (76-728 10TDs rushing, 49-84-816 10TDs 5INTs passing)

Raymond Jackson has 75 carries for 417 yards and 5 TDs this year. While Tony Kemp has 74 carries for 618 yards and 5TDs. Kemp also has 11 receptions for 234 yards and 3 TDs this year.