William Blount vs Owls

lovehsfootball

I agee totally with PrimeTime. Why would you change anything when it working for you. We are winning and that is all you should worry about. I am sure that one day the others will get a chance to play and they did in the McMinn game but look what happened, but as for right now things are going in our favor and we should not change a thing. Let the coaches coach, obviously they know what they are doing or they would not be out there.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who should be on the field that isnt? this isnt a recreational league. every single player has a role on the team. just cause a player doesnt get on the field doesnt mean he doesnt help the team. we played back ups against mcminn 2 weeks ago and got 14 points put on us quick. owls are 2-0 , stop complaining. we dont need the negative comments. coaches are doing a great job! if your kid isnt playin, im sorry. but do not get on here and make the program or coaches look bad. just cause a kid is in uniform on the sideline doesnt mean he is classified as depth. its harsh but true. Go Owls!

primetime: you know there are kids on this team better at positions than what we've got out there, but their just not what the coaches are looking for, for instance there was a certain kid put in at a certain position, this kid has not played football for three years, he looked like he had not ever played, but the backs coach looks like hes dead set on using him, "for what" and yes we did get fourteen points scored on us but the key players were still out there when they scored, they were worn out, this is not meant to be a negative comment i'm just trying to get across that you need to keep these kids motivated, they are kids and i can promise you my kid would be considered depth, and also i'll voice my opinion whether you or anyone else likes it !!!!!!!!! Go Owls!

Hey Owl Fans

Reading this thread today all I can say is ..... It appears thaat since none of the WB fans seem to want to argue, you all have decided to fight with each other...... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If you all would like, I'll get JanJ, Govman or even our honary WB fan "Bldrunner" from Oak Ridge on here and maybe we can stir the pot a little..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Laying all kidding aside I think the Govs have improved weekly. Both the offense and defense. This is a good group of atheletes that will be hard to deal with by seasons end...

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Hey Owl Fans

Reading this thread today all I can say is ..... It appears thaat since none of the WB fans seem to want to argue, you all have decided to fight with each other...... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If you all would like, I'll get JanJ, Govman or even our honary WB fan "Bldrunner" from Oak Ridge on here and maybe we can stir the pot a little..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Laying all kidding aside I think the Govs have improved weekly. Both the offense and defense. This is a good group of atheletes that will be hard to deal with by seasons end...

tpoole12

GO GOVS

i agree with you gov and that is freakin scary! but let me tell you gov these idiots just run their mouth. they are never satisfied. we have one of the best coach's to ever coach the game and they bash him and his staff because there son don't play enough or we don't throw the ball enough or we run it too much. i wish you all would shut up you bunch of cry babies. if you got a problem you ought to go to the coaches and voice that problem you bunch of yellow-bellied cowards, and trust me i know you haven't. why don't you take the nipple out of your child's mouth and accept that if they were good enough they would play. you win playing time at practice, not on game day. better yet why you and your children both get off the nipple!

i agree with you gov and that is freakin scary! but let me tell you gov these idiots just run their mouth. they are never satisfied. we have one of the best coach's to ever coach the game and they bash him and his staff because there son don't play enough or we don't throw the ball enough or we run it too much. i wish you all would shut up you bunch of cry babies. if you got a problem you ought to go to the coaches and voice that problem you bunch of yellow-bellied cowards, and trust me i know you haven't. why don't you take the nipple out of your child's mouth and accept that if they were good enough they would play. you win playing time at practice, not on game day. better yet why you and your children both get off the nipple!

BHO

Stop beating around the bush.... Tell them how you really feel..... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Just kidding... We here in Blount County at times know tend to second guess alot.. I've never coached at this level and never will but have heard myself say "what the heck was coach thinking" but I know that there is a reason coaches do what they do.. If a good QB has trouble completing passes against air in practice during the week then the coach will probably not call alot of pass plays on friday night. At the same time if the team your facing has a good front seven on defense and a young secondary the same coach may throw it all over the field.. Unless your at practice all the time, see the players everyday, then you probably know less than the coaches....

tpoole12

I agee totally with PrimeTime. Why would you change anything when it working for you. We are winning and that is all you should worry about. I am sure that one day the others will get a chance to play and they did in the McMinn game but look what happened, but as for right now things are going in our favor and we should not change a thing. Let the coaches coach, obviously they know what they are doing or they would not be out there.

I want to make myself perfectly clear. There are kids that got a chance last season as sophomores that would not have gotten a chance in most years. Even Coach Monroe said his quarterback was not ready last season and should have been playing jv ball. I agree and it's great to be in a program where you don't have to play sophomores.

As far as backups are concerned in the McMinn game, if you look at the film, you'll find that we played mostly starters with the exception of the last 45 seconds after the on-sides kick. A hail mary pass could have occurred against the starters. Don't pin that on the backups Red4life....you know better than that. Furthermore, my son is a sophomore, plays behind the so called "chosen six", doesn't complain, comes to practice every day to get better, works hard in the weight room, has a 4.0 gpa and is ranked in the top 15 of his 475 member class. No worries here.....he's happy competing in jv and actually understands the purpose of school is to get an education.

has a 4.0 gpa and is ranked in the top 15 of his 475 member class. No worries here.....he's happy competing in jv and actually understands the purpose of school is to get an education.

You are a lucky man ( or woman ) my "feathered" friend................ /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS

I want to make myself perfectly clear. There are kids that got a chance last season as sophomores that would not have gotten a chance in most years. Even Coach Monroe said his quarterback was not ready last season and should have been playing jv ball. I agree and it's great to be in a program where you don't have to play sophomores.

As far as backups are concerned in the McMinn game, if you look at the film, you'll find that we played mostly starters with the exception of the last 45 seconds after the on-sides kick. A hail mary pass could have occurred against the starters. Don't pin that on the backups Red4life....you know better than that. Furthermore, my son is a sophomore, plays behind the so called "chosen six", doesn't complain, comes to practice every day to get better, works hard in the weight room, has a 4.0 gpa and is ranked in the top 15 of his 475 member class. No worries here.....he's happy competing in jv and actually understands the purpose of school is to get an education.

Can your son tutor my sophomore daughter /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />? just kidding. seriously though, if this thread continues in the direction of late I'm going to call Jerry Springer to visit our dysfunctional family of fans /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You sir, have taught your son well and he will understand what the real world is all about.

I'm going to call Jerry Springer to visit our dysfunctional family of fans /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You may have just hit on the best idea I've ever heard... ( not just for the Owl's fans but for the whole coacht bunch)

After Jerry dealt with the likes of us he'd be on Dr. Phil trying to answer that infamos question.. " and how did that work out for you???.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS

We are all little fish in a Big Pond with aspirations and desire that one day we may all become The Big Fish, but you will never become the Biggest Baddest Dirtiest Red Bird without the help of the rest of the NEST. Go Owls and so now lets go get ourselves a Family Ring. Murfreesboro or Bust??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦..

RED4life,hairyowl and primetime are all delusional.first:mr.red4life,the arogance in your last post is classic red4life..when,the qb starts acting like a qb,instead of doc hollywood,mr.bigshot,he hasn't done anything,nothing for two yrs. 2nd primetime and hairyowl ,both claim certain things are happening,cause someones kid isn't good enough or whatever.both of you are fools.if you supposedly have to prove yourself in practice,then the owl qb and certain others wouldn't even be aloud on a football field,a certain qb would rather run around and wear sunglasses,lean on the sled.not pay attention when the qb coach is putting on a clinic(throwing w/ the scout team,so the 1st defense can really get good looks),wears his specail black jersey etc...and as far as the 2nd string against mcminn,every time,the coaches put in the next coming of deion sanders,he was out of place,missed tackles and he was the one that blew 2 coverages that allowed both scores,not any 2nd stringers.The first defense was in the entire game,even when mcminn scored both tds,except 1 backup db and a backup lb.So don't blame anybody for that except the coaches and some very tired boys on defense....and trust me,MCMINN's QB didnt get almost 300 yds passing on 2 plays.I have NO KIDS at Ooltewah,but,I do keep up w/people in the know(and not just cry baby parents either),Ooltewah has a chance to win alot of games this year,but,they will not get far with worn out kids playing both ways the entire game, WAY AFTER the game is in hand!!! AND from what,Ive read on this entire thread is no one is AGAINST WINNING,just people that are looking ahead into the playoffs...because,I do remember a few years ago Ooltewah was up big against Central highschool and they had Brain Marshall returning punts and he got his knee seriously injuried..and for what?OWLS were winning 45 or 50 to nothing!! There are kids that are getting playing time right now,that didn't come to practice all spring,all summer and are showing up late to practice,but still get to play.SO explain that to any kid(not just sophs or jv or 3rd stringers) or FANS,that wonder why team numbers are down and TRUST me on this :there are few kids(not all) on the sidelines that are just as good,but for some reason,they aren't getting playing time.,.and I don't think OWLPRIDE orOwleye are saying anyone should lose their spot,but use common sense use your backups to rest starters THROUGHOUT the game..,..because when the time comes(sooner or later),someone will get hurt and backup will have to come in during a big game and (because of no fault of his own) will not do some thing right and cost the OWLS..and he will have to deal with it at school and everywhere.Further more OWLPRIDE,Owleye and others do want to win,but can't figure out why some good kids that are good in school,act like adults,dress like civilized people,have manners.,. can't catch a break.Well in the big scheme of things,I guess we'll see how all this plays out,but all this crap about the best ones play is a joke.MR primetime for your info we all know this isn't rec. league,but until some common sense is used Ooltewah will never get over the hump and bring home the big trophy.

Jerry , Jerry, Jerry........ /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />