Latest 1A Associated Press Poll Results!

FridayMainEvent

Class 1A

Record Pts Prv

1. S. Pittsburg (9) 2-0 187 2

2. Trousdale Co. (9) 3-0 174 1

3. Jo Byrns (1) 2-0 149 3

4. Friendship Christ. 2-0 120 4

5. McKenzie 2-0 115 6

6. Grace Christ. (1) 2-0 94 7

7. Oneida 3-0 87 9

8. Cosby 3-0 37 -

9. Forrest 2-0 32 -

10. Columbia Acad. 2-0 17 -

Others receiving 12 or more points: 10. White House-Heritage 17. 12. Cascade 14.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHH must have a pretty big Press support. They are still tied for 10th place with 17 points even though they loss last week to a 1A school. Interesting....

I like the fact that we aren't in the poll, because I don't think our kids need to get the big head at this point in the season. I like the fact that they will have to continue to enter games feeling that they have something to prove. We stayed in the polls the entire season last year and it only got us to a second round match up, so hopefully this will yield better results. I must admit I was a bit surprised that a 24 point win over McEwen wasn't viewed as a bigger win than Forrest beating WHH by 6 points. Even more surprised that the win didn't put Cascade ahead of WHH. As I've said before, these polls mean absolutely nothing, but they are a bit humorous to analyze at times.

Class 1A

Record Pts Prv

1. S. Pittsburg (9) 2-0 187 2

2. Trousdale Co. (9) 3-0 174 1

3. Jo Byrns (1) 2-0 149 3

4. Friendship Christ. 2-0 120 4

5. McKenzie 2-0 115 6

6. Grace Christ. (1) 2-0 94 7

7. Oneida 3-0 87 9

8. Cosby 3-0 37 -

9. Forrest 2-0 32 -

10. Columbia Acad. 2-0 17 -

Others receiving 12 or more points: 10. White House-Heritage 17. 12. Cascade 14.

OK, what has Grace Christian done to deserve a top spot? I don't know that much about them and their schedule, but I've seen them play against our team in a scrimmage and they did not look like a top 10 team. Even if it was their first scrimmage, no way they are good enough right now. Now they treat us well and its fun to go up there and watch, but as far as being a top 10...nope!

OK, what has Grace Christian done to deserve a top spot? I don't know that much about them and their schedule, but I've seen them play against our team in a scrimmage and they did not look like a top 10 team. Even if it was their first scrimmage, no way they are good enough right now. Now they treat us well and its fun to go up there and watch, but as far as being a top 10...nope!

I admit when you all came up to Knoxville we looked terrible and you guys absolutely handed our rears to us. The very next week a 3A team done the same thing to us. Shortly after that we scrimmaged and beat a 4A Knoxville program that has a long history of success, we followed that up with a jamboree win over the same 3A team that manhandled us two weeks before (even though i dont put a whole lot of stock in jamboree match-ups) and here we are today. I will be the first to admit that our first two opponents were at the best lackluster. But we are not the same team your guys played a few weeks back. And when i say that I mean as far as playing together as a team and everyone executing all of the time, not personell changes (yes Pujo, old24eagle that was for you). If our teams played today I don't know what the outcome would be but I guarantee it would be a better game to watch. As far as Grace being a top 10 team I dont know if we are or not. I guess we'll know about 7 weeks from now. But I do know this our little team has alot of heart and I am proud of each and every one of them and we could not ask for a better coaching staff.

While we are talking about top 10 teams and rears being handed to them I witnessed Cosby getting beat in a jamboree match-up against a first year program running a JV scedhule only. Since that time they have beat Cloudland which is a good quality win but after watching them in the Jamboree I really question whether or not they are really a top 10 team themselves.

This poll is not even close, its got the very best teams in it and then it has teams in it that are not even top 20.

As far as the comment toward me, I don't think it took personal changes to get better. When starting 1st year players ,it takes a little time to get things smooth. I really expect Grace to be a pretty good team. As far as the Coaching goes ,I wouldn't get too carried away. You guys had one of the best 1a coaches around in Satterfield, he couldn't beat Tom Thumb. Its just that you have more talent at the time. Don't get me wrong,Mckamey is probably a pretty good coach, but the best move Grace has made is to draw talent. The big question is ,can you keep doing over time. The jury is out.

WHH must have a pretty big Press support. They are still tied for 10th place with 17 points even though they loss last week to a 1A school. Interesting....

I like the fact that we aren't in the poll, because I don't think our kids need to get the big head at this point in the season. I like the fact that they will have to continue to enter games feeling that they have something to prove. We stayed in the polls the entire season last year and it only got us to a second round match up, so hopefully this will yield better results. I must admit I was a bit surprised that a 24 point win over McEwen wasn't viewed as a bigger win than Forrest beating WHH by 6 points. Even more surprised that the win didn't put Cascade ahead of WHH. As I've said before, these polls mean absolutely nothing, but they are a bit humorous to analyze at times.

You can have our spot if you want. Polls are good for flags...not football.

I'm just a dumb ole Country boy ,but even I could put a poll on here that would make that one look silly.,But as far as that goes, I'm not going to belittle these schools who shouldn't be there, let them bask in their glory, the cream will rise to the top as the year goes by.

I think you missed the jest of my post. Although I was a bit surprised we didn't make the poll this week, I'm happy about it. I'd prefer to fly under the radar and not put any added stress on the kids at this point in the season. I feel the same way you do about the polls, they serve absolutely no good purpose and I'd like to see them go away. If you need a poll to feel good about your program then your already in trouble.

I think you missed the jest of my post. Although I was a bit surprised we didn't make the poll this week, I'm happy about it. I'd prefer to fly under the radar and not put any added stress on the kids at this point in the season. I feel the same way you do about the polls, they serve absolutely no good purpose and I'd like to see them go away. If you need a poll to feel good about your program then your already in trouble.

I don't have a problem with polls, you just need more insightful people doing them. Some polls are extremely accurate at the end of the season. This one won't be close all year.

This poll is not even close, its got the very best teams in it and then it has teams in it that are not even top 20.

As far as the comment toward me, I don't think it took personal changes to get better. When starting 1st year players ,it takes a little time to get things smooth. I really expect Grace to be a pretty good team. As far as the Coaching goes ,I wouldn't get too carried away. You guys had one of the best 1a coaches around in Satterfield, he couldn't beat Tom Thumb. Its just that you have more talent at the time. Don't get me wrong,Mckamey is probably a pretty good coach, but the best move Grace has made is to draw talent. The big question is ,can you keep doing over time. The jury is out.

I was just having a little fun with you Pujo.

Like I said in about 7 weeks we should know what the top 10 should look like.