Riverdale Lincoln County Prediction

PowerSoftball

Hey Softball guy, I noticed that you started this thread, and had plenty of negitive things to say about our coach, and team. But I have not seen you on here since the game. I would think that since your son is on the team, that just maybe you could have enough class to apoligize for the wrong,and negitve things you said, and congradulate the coaches, and team for ta job well done. and to the coaches, and team, I have always thought you guys have the talent to win state this year, and you will, Just keep coming out fired up like you were last night.

Congrats Falcons

they should have given the game ball to old Powersoftball. It was his crud on this thread that fired up the Falcons. I doubt he is man enough to come on here and say he was wrong. Guess he is polishing his lil jr pro trophies from his so-called illustrious career?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdaleman is on the mark - the Warriors have plenty of talent, but like the Falcons (and actually most other teams) they're missing that extra something special that they've had in years past. I would see it flash occasionally on both teams - the Falcons mostly in the first half and the Warriors mostly in the second, but it wasn't constant.

The effort the Warriors made after being down 26-0 was very impressive - they never lost heart like most other teams would have at that point.

And I have to say that the Falcons did an excellent job capitalizing on the turnovers - kudos to those young men.

Riverdaleman is on the mark - the Warriors have plenty of talent, but like the Falcons (and actually most other teams) they're missing that extra something special that they've had in years past. I would see it flash occasionally on both teams - the Falcons mostly in the first half and the Warriors mostly in the second, but it wasn't constant.

The effort the Warriors made after being down 26-0 was very impressive - they never lost heart like most other teams would have at that point.

And I have to say that the Falcons did an excellent job capitalizing on the turnovers - kudos to those young men.

THEY ARE MISSING DISCIPLINE 5 or 6 turnovers against oakland 5 or 6 turnovers against blackman and 7 against LC

THEY ARE MISSING DISCIPLINE 5 or 6 turnovers against oakland 5 or 6 turnovers against blackman and 7 against LC

what type of DISCIPLINE are you talking about according to the coaches they work on this at practice everyday so until they make some adjustments its going to be the same ole thing all yr long

It seems that when the word discipline comes up many people only associate it with one definition. That definition would be punishment. However, most of the time, on these threads, the intended meaning is self control. Most fumbles occur because the ball carrier does not have enough self control to put both arms around the ball when they come into traffic. There are players on every team in every sport that have no discipline. I've been involved in a little softball and I've seen kids that no matter how much you make them run for failing to get their rear end down to feild a ground ball, when game time comes they don't do what you tried to teach them to do. During the game Friday night one of LC's players scared me every time he touched the ball because he would never put both arms on the ball. So you see it's a matter of self control on the players part and not necessarily how the coaches work them during practice.

It seems that when the word discipline comes up many people only associate it with one definition. That definition would be punishment. However, most of the time, on these threads, the intended meaning is self control. Most fumbles occur because the ball carrier does not have enough self control to put both arms around the ball when they come into traffic. There are players on every team in every sport that have no discipline. I've been involved in a little softball and I've seen kids that no matter how much you make them run for failing to get their rear end down to feild a ground ball, when game time comes they don't do what you tried to teach them to do. During the game Friday night one of LC's players scared me every time he touched the ball because he would never put both arms on the ball. So you see it's a matter of self control on the players part and not necessarily how the coaches work them during practice.

you are so right so why keep them in the game as i said earlier there are other players biting at the bit to play !so set them down you will see self control emerge. instead of having the same ones over and over do the same thing they know noting will be done about it

For R'dale it is NOT just punishment of running the 'Snake', 110's or whatever you want to call it. For instance the awarding of the SPEARS on the sides of the helmets. It USED to be the team did NOT get them until their first win.

Also the PRIVLEDGE of allowing the spear to be thrown in our home mid field was not allowed until that first win was accomplished.

I understand Coach A wanting to get rid of everything to do with the previous Coach and wanting to make this team in his own image, but NOT everything done before was bad. Throwing the baby out with the bath water did not accomplish anything but make folks mad and now it is bringing heat on what I feel is basically a good coach. He just has to realize this is NOT Metro Nashville and the players in Rutherford County do not have to be babied or bought by allowing ear rings or hair below their helmets.

Like I have said before, Coach this is YOUR team and NOT your friends! Treat them accordingly. If it takes tough love then so be it. As it is now you are not getting the respect from them you deserve. If it takes them being scared of you then so be it. Better them be scared of you than laughing while they are LOSING!

Last week was the first time in 10 years that I can remember that R'dale was NOT in the top 10 AP poll for this state and that was BEFORE losing to LC!

This year can be salvaged, but NOT if we keep losing!

Very good observation Riverdaleman. Okay let's tell it like it is......discipline or lack thereof lies at the feet of the coaching staff. I will agree with anyone in saying that Aydelott is a fine person, but he has no discipline in his program. I am not giving up on my Warriors, but there needs to be some soul searching.

Very good observation Riverdaleman. Okay let's tell it like it is......discipline or lack thereof lies at the feet of the coaching staff. I will agree with anyone in saying that Aydelott is a fine person, but he has no discipline in his program. I am not giving up on my Warriors, but there needs to be some soul searching.

while it starts at the top I was not refferring to just coach A I am talking from coach A all the way to the sophmore who will not play or even a freshjman that may dress with the varisty its top to bottom and EVERYONE being accountable

Powersoftball can add this to his/her list of complaints about Coach Thompson ... I just got the press release - Coach Thompson has been named Tennessee Titans Coach of the Week for Week 3.

NASHVILLE, TN, Sept. 15, 2008) - The Tennessee Titans announced today that Louis Thompson, head football coach of Lincoln County High School in Fayetteville, Tenn., has been named the Titans High School Football Coach of the Week for Week Three. The Lincoln County Falcons defeated the Tennessee powerhouse Riverdale Warriors 26-13 to earn their second consecutive win of 2008.

Lincoln County (3-1) rode momentum from four first-quarter Riverdale (2-2) turnovers all the way to the decisive 26-13 victory. Lincoln County converted the early Riverdale mistakes into 14 first-quarter points and led Riverdale 23-0 at halftime before the Warriors fell down 26-0 early in the third quarter. The win was the Falcons??™ first victory over the Warriors since 2003.

???Coach Thompson is an outstanding leader on the football field, in the classroom and in the community,??? said Lincoln County principal Jim Stewart. ???This is well-earned recognition to our football team and community because as Coach Thompson always stresses, every victory is a joint effort between the two.???

Through the Titans Foundation, team owner K.S. "Bud" Adams, Jr. will make a $1,000 contribution to the Lincoln County High School football program in Coach Thompson??™s honor.

"High school football enjoys a great tradition in Tennessee," said Adams. "That tradition is based not only on the outstanding quality of play but on the devotion of their coaches who continue to develop high school football players into young men of strong character. I'm very pleased to underwrite this program that recognizes the efforts of so many talented high school coaches across the state!"

Coach Thompson will be the team??™s guest at the Titans vs. Pittsburgh Steelers game on December 21st when the team honors all 2008 Coach of the Week winners and announces the winner of the 2008 Coach of the Year! Coach Thompson is now eligible for the Tennessee Titans Coach of the Year award and Adams will make an additional $2,000 grant to the Titans Coach of the Year winner on that date.

Also receiving strong consideration in this week??™s poll was again Joe Gaddis of Henry County High School whose club defeated Westview High School 48-7 to continue their unbeaten streak in 2008, Tyner Academy??™s Wayne Turner who led his team to a 32-28 victory over Knoxville Fulton, giving Fulton it??™s first loss to a Chattanooga opponent since 1957 and Kevin Creasy of Trousdale County High School whose team shutout No.3 in class 2A Smith County 20-0.

Now in its 11th season, the Adams has awarded more than $112,000 from the Titans Foundation to football programs across the state in honor of the Coach of the Week winners.

???High school football coaches can play a role in the lives of their players that will have lasting results,??? said NFL director of football operations Gene Washington. ???A competitive spirit, good sportsmanship and character development are some of the issues confronted on a daily basis by football coaches. We are thankful for the many coaches around the country who assume such a demanding role.???

The criterion for selection includes the coach??™s impact on his team, school and community. A statewide media panel votes each week to determine the weekly winner. All high school football coaches in Tennessee, regardless of their school??™s size, league, or division, are eligible to be selected each week. The program is designed to recognize high school coaches who transform, through their hard work and dedication, student-athletes into the best possible football players and citizens in their community.