Division II AA "SuperPrep" Stats and Standings

thflyr

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do the stats come from? I know from attending the games that Pope John Paul II has a receiver with about 12 catches for 200+ yards and 1 touchdown that isn't listed. If I'm understanding correctly what I'm looking at, this would put him in the number 2 spot for "RECEPTIONS/GAME" and the number 1 spot for "RECEIVE YDS/GAME".

Where do the stats come from? I know from attending the games that Pope John Paul II has a receiver with about 12 catches for 200+ yards and 1 touchdown that isn't listed. If I'm understanding correctly what I'm looking at, this would put him in the number 2 spot for "RECEPTIONS/GAME" and the number 1 spot for "RECEIVE YDS/GAME".

Ten of the fourteen schools participate in providing stats to be uploaded into the conference website. PJP2 is not one of those schools, so any stats for PJP2 are taken from The Tennessean website, and those stats are usually not complete and entirely accurate.

Ten of the fourteen schools participate in providing stats to be uploaded into the conference website. PJP2 is not one of those schools, so any stats for PJP2 are taken from The Tennessean website, and those stats are usually not complete and entirely accurate.

Thanks for the info. I also spoke with a prep sports editor for the tennessean today. He explained that they're using a new type of software with a dedicated website with a username & password for each high school to enter their info 24/7. About 12 high schools (including JPII) had problems using the tool properly but he just so happen to have spoken with their coach today and JPII is suppose to be getting their stats corrected. It just seems odd that one JPII player's stats appear to be up to date but none of the others do. Things that make you go , "Hmmm".

On the all decade team...im guessing you dont include the players on Briarcrest, BGA, etc until once they join the league in whatever year they did. B/C im sure you would find a place on that team for players like Micheal Oher who is agruably the best tackle in college football and will be drafted high in the NFL or someone as simple as Ryan Karl or Golden Tate. Also how close was B.J. Coleman to Ingle...granit i think Ingle is a back up somewhere in the NFL and stared at Furman after he came from Florida.

On the all decade team...im guessing you dont include the players on Briarcrest, BGA, etc until once they join the league in whatever year they did. B/C im sure you would find a place on that team for players like Micheal Oher who is agruably the best tackle in college football and will be drafted high in the NFL or someone as simple as Ryan Karl or Golden Tate. Also how close was B.J. Coleman to Ingle...granit i think Ingle is a back up somewhere in the NFL and stared at Furman after he came from Florida.

Oher never played in the DII AA (old AAA) division, nor did Ryan Karl. Oher definitely would have made the team, but I'm not so sure about Karl. Remember, this is about their play in high school, not what they did later. I guess Golden Tate just didn't get the votes, although there are certainly many running backs that could conceivably be rated equal to or ahead of the two chosen. Having seen both Ingle Martin and BJ Coleman play, though both were great high school football players, I think the voters got that one right.

Golden Tate graduated from JP2 in 2007 and the All-Decade team was from 1997-2006. No doubt that Golden Tate is one of the best offensive players ever in Tennessee. The only player from Father Ryan that could be included on the team is Billy May (WR) that went on to play at Penn.

To address a previous question, voting was done by the fans. There was a thread on this site when the voting was commenced, and fans had the opportunity to vote. The list represents a compilation of those votes. If a player seemingly deserving of mention didn't make the list, it is because he did not receive enough votes - not because on any biases.

Here are the links to the two teams and the percentage of votes each team member received:

All Decade Offense

All Decade Defense

Thanks for the info. I also spoke with a prep sports editor for the tennessean today. He explained that they're using a new type of software with a dedicated website with a username & password for each high school to enter their info 24/7. About 12 high schools (including JPII) had problems using the tool properly but he just so happen to have spoken with their coach today and JPII is suppose to be getting their stats corrected. It just seems odd that one JPII player's stats appear to be up to date but none of the others do. Things that make you go , "Hmmm".

Well, I will tell you that the website the Tennessean is using has many faults, and it is extremely slow. They have already lost stats once, and the server is not saving things properly. unapproved website is a much more user friendly site for entering and recording stats. I know for some schools, you should check stats on unapproved website, for they are correct.

Schools have had to reenter their stats multiple times on highschoolsports.net

Well, I will tell you that the website the Tennessean is using has many faults, and it is extremely slow. They have already lost stats once, and the server is not saving things properly. unapproved website is a much more user friendly site for entering and recording stats. I know for some schools, you should check stats on unapproved website, for they are correct.

Schools have had to reenter their stats multiple times on highschoolsports.net

For some reason you can't type M-A-X-P-R-E-P-S on this website. My apology. Didn't know there was competition.