VOLUNTEER FALCONS AT CLINTWOOD VA

VHSFALCONS

Gretna won the single A state championship...they are in 1A (Div. 2), like Gate City, not 2A.

And while I think some SWVA teams would indeed struggle (depending on who were talking about and who they're matching up against howvever), there's some who could hold their own, and Gretna (with a healthy Nic Miller) would definitely be one of those.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was hard to watch the game last night. The sad thing is Volunteer may not win another game the rest of the season. The run game couldn't get started again because of the poor play of the O line. I don't know if it's coaching or what, but it needs to be fixed. Volunteer should have beat Clintwood last night. Not taking anything away from Clintwood I think they have a good chance to win state in SW Virginia, but most teams in tennessee would destroy them. VHS should not move up next year to 5A because the most wins in school history is 6 out of 28 seasons. Anyway I hope Volunteer gets it together.

I'm almost certain that it is not anything to do with the coaches. I feel that Volunteer has one of the best OL coaches around here. Coach Porter know what he is doing! I am not certain what happen at Clintwood because I was unable to make the trip but the one game I have made(east) the OL was making it very difficult for the RB to run the ball. From what I seen it didn't seem like they where firing off the ball low enough and connecting to their blocks long enough to get the ball carrier thought the line. Also it is obvious you are very unaware of how the system is going to work next year. Yes two 5a schools will be in the conference but those two decide on their own who goes to the playoff come playoff time one of those two go to play other "5a" schools. The other school like volunteer, tenn high, and south will go into a different bracket to play the playoffs. Although volunteer will play SH and DB the still have just as good of a chance as they do in the conference they are in now to get to the playoffs. Now if they don't get no running game together than they won't have to worry about this years playoffs. I have great confidence in the coaching staff at Volunteer and know they will coach the players the best they know and give the players the opportunity to go out and compete in ever game the remainder of the season!

Smith25(52)

GO Falcons!

GO Wasps!

Do you VA boys know how to read a map? because if you do then you would know that maryville and alcoa both are considered NET. They would pound gretna, clintwood, etc. The Sullivan teams could and would probably decide how much they FELT LIKE scoring against clintwood. I could be mistaken but is GC, Clintwood, or Gretna ranked nationally? i doubt it, but as i mentioned earlier Maryville is a NET team, and they are ranked on everyones national polls.

to whoever said they think gretna would hold their own against maryville or alcoa that is a JOKE.

Also to answer your question wave Volunteer has well over a 1000 kids in school. The conference we play in would more than likely pound you as well. West, East, Greeneville, maybe Daniel Boone, and maybe Davy Crockett would beat you. Volunteer could beat you with an offensive line thats better. If you would've been in our conference last year, depending on your non-conference schedule, you would've been about 3-7. Once again this year I'm almost positive you would lose to everyone on our schedule aside from cocke county and maybe crockett. Bell County would mop the field with you. As for your star player being out, one man wasn't going to make up 42 points. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Do you VA boys know how to read a map? because if you do then you would know that maryville and alcoa both are considered NET. They would pound gretna, clintwood, etc. The Sullivan teams could and would probably decide how much they FELT LIKE scoring against clintwood. I could be mistaken but is GC, Clintwood, or Gretna ranked nationally? i doubt it, but as i mentioned earlier Maryville is a NET team, and they are ranked on everyones national polls.

to whoever said they think gretna would hold their own against maryville or alcoa that is a JOKE.

I think it would be a stretch to consider Maryville and Alcoa as part of Northeast Tennessee. I wouldn't even consider Hamblen Co. as part of Northeast Tennessee.

Well, I certainly know how to read a map. Love geography to be exact and know quite a bit about this region. I'd say some would say they are in east TN but not so much NE TN. When I said they could hold their own though, I was also considering matching more to size and such, for the most part. Maryville and Alcoa would certainly take it to most..they should. And are we judging all this while not seeing these teams? This is actually pretty much the same talk, about SWVA, when our teams go up state anyway, so its nothing new...haha. Of course, I'm not in agreement with everything these "VA boys" have said, however, lets not make TN into such a great "power".

By the way, didn't TN High play Va High, and only beat them 28-17? Va High is no top team in SWVA.

Also to answer your question wave Volunteer has well over a 1000 kids in school. The conference we play in would more than likely pound you as well. West, East, Greeneville, maybe Daniel Boone, and maybe Davy Crockett would beat you. Volunteer could beat you with an offensive line thats better. If you would've been in our conference last year, depending on your non-conference schedule, you would've been about 3-7. Once again this year I'm almost positive you would lose to everyone on our schedule aside from cocke county and maybe crockett. Bell County would mop the field with you. As for your star player being out, one man wasn't going to make up 42 points. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

This years Clintwood team would whip your conference teams just like we did Volunteer. Volunteer is lucky they even got on the score board. We spotted them the first 2 points just to be nice .If we would have had an extra quarter we would have scored 3 more times. Our running game kicked in and wore the Falcons out. If it wasnt for Luke Cradic getting lucky converting some long 3rd down plays the score would have been much worse. As far as your thoughts on NET teams beating our good Va. teams thats your biased opinion. Gretna would beat any of your 4a schools in your district. That is no joke /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

honky tonk what's your problem with the Falcons. You always have a smart remark about them. "go play GC or PV" well if I'm not not mistaken according to several polls, Clintwood is ranked higher than both in VA. Volunteer doesn't play cupcake games when we go outside of conference. We play Bell Co., KY., and I'm not sure which high school you root for but I dare you to go to middlesborough and play them, your team will come away with a loss. Keep talking trash about Volunteer, it just makes me laugh when I think of the desperately low level of intelligence you have.

At the half.

Volunteer-9

Clintwood-9

The Honky Tonk Man always has sumpthin to say to the Falcons becuz they talk the talk and never walk the walk! That is how The Honky Tonk Man judges yo intelligence! The Honky Tonk Man sez come on back now..ya hear?

When the Falcon Roll quits stompin on others threads with no falcon intrest The Honky Tonk Man will be glad to stay out of Haaaak-Ns county.

The Honky Tonk Man meant no harm to the SWVa folks but The Honky Tonk Man sez get ur own board this be the Tennesee board. Good luck in which ever of your 7 state championships you play in. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm almost certain that it is not anything to do with the coaches. I feel that Volunteer has one of the best OL coaches around here. Coach Porter know what he is doing! I am not certain what happen at Clintwood because I was unable to make the trip but the one game I have made(east) the OL was making it very difficult for the RB to run the ball. From what I seen it didn't seem like they where firing off the ball low enough and connecting to their blocks long enough to get the ball carrier thought the line. Also it is obvious you are very unaware of how the system is going to work next year. Yes two 5a schools will be in the conference but those two decide on their own who goes to the playoff come playoff time one of those two go to play other "5a" schools. The other school like volunteer, tenn high, and south will go into a different bracket to play the playoffs. Although volunteer will play SH and DB the still have just as good of a chance as they do in the conference they are in now to get to the playoffs. Now if they don't get no running game together than they won't have to worry about this years playoffs. I have great confidence in the coaching staff at Volunteer and know they will coach the players the best they know and give the players the opportunity to go out and compete in ever game the remainder of the season!

Smith25(52)

GO Falcons!

GO Wasps!

What I'm saying is if Volunteer can't beat teams like Clintwood then they don't need to play schools like DB that would put up 50 or more points on them everytime they play. I don't know if Volunteer will ever get it together. I know you guys won your 1st playoff game in school history last year, but your record was 6-6. Its time for Volunteer to finally have a good season and quite honestly 6 wins is horrible. 28 years the school has been playing Football and I hope that I'm not the only one who feels like its time to do better. Time to raise the bar!!!!

Come on Volunteer! Clintwood? All the good players better just finish out the season and hope you can transfer somewhere else next year. How can Church Hill Middle School slaughter teams, then when they move up to Volunteer they can't beat anyone? And you guys that are former players should not get on here and say anything because you weren't that great either. Hawkins County Board should just axe the VHS football program and put what little they give them towards all the things they need at that school that they can't "afford" to give students.

Here's some advice for the coaches...at practice make people earn their positions, get rid of the reverse!, and work on some new plays(there are more than a few you know). Surely someone on that team can block. Run plays for the players you have on the team!

What I'm saying is if Volunteer can't beat teams like Clintwood then they don't need to play schools like DB that would put up 50 or more points on them everytime they play. I don't know if Volunteer will ever get it together. I know you guys won your 1st playoff game in school history last year, but your record was 6-6. Its time for Volunteer to finally have a good season and quite honestly 6 wins is horrible. 28 years the school has been playing Football and I hope that I'm not the only one who feels like its time to do better. Time to raise the bar!!!!

well maybe not the northeast tip of TN but theyre in the general area haha. oh and your post reminds me. Another school to add to list TN high would whip on those SWVA teams as well

I can read a map good enough to know that Maryville and Alcoa have NEVER been classified as Northeast Tennessee and never will be. GC played Tennessee High for 5 years and won 4 of those. You have over 1000 students and got rolled by a school with a little over 300 and you say SW Virginia football is a joke?

Guest longhorns51

well maybe not the northeast tip of TN but theyre in the general area haha. oh and your post reminds me. Another school to add to list TN high would whip on those SWVA teams as well

man what are you smokin Tennessee High use to play teams in SWVA. Now you ask THS why they dont play them anymore, and trust me its not cause of the drive or the gas money.