Eurosport Rankings

MVM

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"G" You stated that you only study the A/AA, but I know you keep up with all 3 divisions, but for argument sake lets stick with A/AA for now. I must admit I don't keep up with A/AA so any help from other posters would be appreciated.

Now, reading posts from other posters we have all agreed (for the most part) that MJ is the master of rankings. So lets compare MJ's rankings to Euro's.

EURO'S Ranking...........................MJ'S Ranking

1 Notre Dame 4-1-0 ..................1

2 Franklin Road Acad. 6-1-1........3

3 Chatt. Christian 4-0-1 .............4

4 CAK 5-1-1 .............................2

5 CPA 0-4-2 .............................10

6 Knox Catholic 4-2-2................6

7 USJ 4-1-0 ..............................5

8 David Lipscomb 3-2-1.............16

9 Jackson Christian 3-1-0...........9

10 Hume-Fogg 1-0-2..................18

11 Page 5-1-0 ...........................19

11 Goodpasture Christian 0-1-0 ...Can't find this team in MJ'S Poll???

???? I'm shaking my head....... where to start. The two polls are so far apart...I'm not familiar with many of these teams, can some explain to me why a team that is 0-1-0 even in the poll?

I think I found my answer, the teams in question are all from the same district. I guess these coaches voted and think from top to bottom their district is better than the rest of the teams in the state??? But I'll let YOU (Coacht posters) be the judge....

Region 5 District 9

Franklin Road Acad 6-1-1

David Lipscomb 3-2-1

Hume-Fogg 1-0-2

CPA 0-4-2

DCA 0-3-0

East Lit Magnet 0-2-0

Ezell-Harding 0-1-0

Goodpasture Christian 0-1-0

MLK 1-2-0

This district tends to get the benefit of the doubt on their strength considering they have always sent two teams to the Region championship on both the boys and girls side combined with their championship history. However, in the recent past (especially with White House Heritage this past boys season) District 10 has been providing a little bit more of a challenge.

Okay, now check out the absurdity in Div II on Eurosport....

Div II Rankings

1 Baylor 5-0-0

2 Brentwood Acdy 4-0-2

3 Father Ryan 5-1-1

4 BGA 3-3-0

5 ECS 5-1-0 3

6 Harpeth Hall 2-1-0

7 Briarcrest 7-3-0

8 St Agnes 4-1-1

9 GPS 4-1-1

10 Pope John Paul II 1-3-4

11 Ensworth 0-5-0

Redmond Tennessee Top 11

1 Brentwood 8-0-1

2 Baylor 5-0-0

3 Notre Dame 4-2-0

4 Bearden 5-2-0

5 Collierville 6-0-2

6 Father Ryan 5-1-1

7 Franklin Road Acad. 6-1-1

8 Siegel 5-2-0

9 Brentwood Acdy 4-0-2

10 Oak Ridge 6-2-0

11 Gtown Houston 3-2-1

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I don't follow the Div II rankings. Looking at your post, is it possible when considering matches in which Div II teams only play one another that the rankings are as posted.

When you add AAA and the matches that Div II teams have played AAA, could this be reason why the results are catawomp? I am not saying they are, I am just trying to offer a potential explanation.

That all said, based on what I have read, I seriously doubt things are that sophisticated.

This district tends to get the benefit of the doubt on their strength considering they have always sent two teams to the Region championship on both the boys and girls side combined with their championship history. However, in the recent past (especially with White House Heritage this past boys season) District 10 has been providing a little bit more of a challenge.

benefit of the doubt well in boys and girls seasons Catholic and CAK always go to the region championship ANd in boys have won the last 6 state championships does that mean four teams from thier district should get the "benefit of the doubt" as you put it so let Anderson County and Kingston be ranked as well. Shoot in their region rank alcoa and seymour as well, and why not the section elizabethon and Gatlinburg if we are giving the benefit of the doubt?

I think someone may have explained this before, but what is the Redmond ranking or how is it developed. It obvious that DII schools are not felt to be of the caliber of AAA by the Redmond analysts. I know that some DII teams have made it to the top but, without major press, DII takes a second seat. For example, no one can say that some DII team in the lower half should not be in the lower half of Redmond. I think Houston is 3-3-1, but they make the list.

I think someone may have explained this before, but what is the Redmond ranking or how is it developed. It obvious that DII schools are not felt to be of the caliber of AAA by the Redmond analysts. I know that some DII teams have made it to the top but, without major press, DII takes a second seat. For example, no one can say that some DII team in the lower half should not be in the lower half of Redmond. I think Houston is 3-3-1, but they make the list.

could 9 out of 10 voters be wrong?

YES!

Can someone see a Tiger in the middle of the field and read a game is cancelled for IKE and think it is in Nashville.

People do make mistakes.

Sorry again (is that two today?)

I was watching another game and the Titan game interrupted with some highlights, the announcer made some jibberish comment about Ike and the weather.

Not many soccer games cancelled due to weather. Football? yes. Baseball? Yes. Soccer? rare. very rare.

I thought it would be a good time to compare AAA

Euro's Ranking....................MJ's Ranking

1 Brentwood 8-0-1 ......................3

2 Bearden 7-2-0 .........................1

3 Collierville 6-1-2.......................2

4 Oak Ridge 7-2-1.......................13

5 Siegel 5-2-0 ............................4

6 Farragut 3-2-0 ........................10

7 Franklin 5-2-0 .........................5

8 Gtown Houston 4-3-1...............17

9 Cleveland 4-4-1 .....................12

10 Ravenwood 3-2-2 ................7

11 Hendersonville 2-3-2 .............19

AAA.....MJ's Ranking

1 Bearden

2 Collierville

3 Brentwood

4 Siegel

5 Franklin

6 Riverdale

7 Ravenwood

8 Soddy-Daisy

9 Shelbyville

10 Farragut

11 Independence

12 Cleveland

13 Oak Ridge

14 Centennial

15 Blackman

16 Dobyns-Bennett

17 Houston

18 Beech

19 Hendersonville

20 Knox West

Again, There are differences ...IMO not as bad as A/AA. But many people posted that time will sort things out. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ...Eurosport I'm waiting.

I thought it would be a good time to compare AAA

Euro's Ranking....................MJ's Ranking

1 Brentwood 8-0-1 ......................3

2 Bearden 7-2-0 .........................1

3 Collierville 6-1-2.......................2

4 Oak Ridge 7-2-1.......................13

5 Siegel 5-2-0 ............................4

6 Farragut 3-2-0 ........................10

7 Franklin 5-2-0 .........................5

8 Gtown Houston 4-3-1...............17

9 Cleveland 4-4-1 .....................12

10 Ravenwood 3-2-2 ................7

11 Hendersonville 2-3-2 .............19

AAA.....MJ's Ranking

1 Bearden

2 Collierville

3 Brentwood

4 Siegel

5 Franklin

6 Riverdale

7 Ravenwood

8 Soddy-Daisy

9 Shelbyville

10 Farragut

11 Independence

12 Cleveland

13 Oak Ridge

14 Centennial

15 Blackman

16 Dobyns-Bennett

17 Houston

18 Beech

19 Hendersonville

20 Knox West

Again, There are differences ...IMO not as bad as A/AA. But many people posted that time will sort things out. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ...Eurosport I'm waiting.

I see Cleveland, Houston and Hendersonville dropping out and being replaced by Soddy, Riverdale and ???. But I usually don't get these right /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />