LA Wildcat Football

Rocking Chair

Tait is still out but hopes in a best case scenario to play late in the year. LA played a very clean game and probably wouldn't stoop to playing like some on here have suggested. I certainly wouldn't suggest playing dirty especially when you're really undermatched physically. You don't smack a sleeping bear. It might just ###### it off.

Thanks IrishBBall I realy hate to hear that. Tait was and assume still is a very good athelete and team leader the kind of kid every team needs. Good luck Tait keep that nose to the grind stone and good things will follow.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be Robert Holt. Robert had a chance to play for Cumberland in Lebanon TN. I can't remember if he went and didn't like it but I think he is at Tech now. I think he is out of the football business. Yes Wilson is doing great at Princeton. Nothing surprises me about him b/c he is an exceptional player and person. I wish him the best always. Hey keep in touch and if your ever around this area stop in sometime. I know your a fan of all the kids but I forgot what school you are affiliated with ?

Thanks Rocking Chair. That was the kid I was thinking of. Not affiliated with any particular school. Just an old retired coach from Ohio that came down here about 15 yrs ago. Gave up on the NFL, and most college ball as well. For the most part, a fan of "programs" not players. Fan of Fulton, Alcoa, Maryville, Catholic, DB, Farragut, BA, MBA, Lipscomb, South Pitt, Smith Co., Hillsboro, and some others. I really took a shine to LA a few years back. Seemed like they had a lot of the pieces of the puzzle. Players, admin, coaches, community, etc. Just didn't work out. Was really interested to see what would happen w/Stone Memorial. We'll see. Show me a good high school program, and I'll show you a community of rock solid Americans. We need more of both, IMO.

ruse?

Last night the LA .... Jr. Varsity played host to Clay Co's JV team and lost 12 to 8. Clay Co. scored on 2 impressive drives in the first half and was leading 12 to 0 at the half. After a scoreless 3rd quarter LA scored on a long pass play from Hill to Huitt to cut the lead 12 to 8 Clay with 7 mins. to go in the game. The LA defense which had trouble in the first half held Clay Co. and forced them to punt. LA got the ball back with 4 mins to go but was unable to move it and had to punt. Clay Co's offense stalled at the LA 4 yrd line after having it first and goal and turned it back over to LA's offense with 42 sec's in the game. From there time ran out after the Wildcats had moved the ball to around mid-field. With the loss LA falls to 1 and 1 on the season. The JV team will be on the road next week with an opponent TBA later.

The 2 first half TD drives ate up large chunks of time. Clay Co. also kept the ball for the 1st 6 minutes of the 3rd qtr. Kind of put the LA offense behind the 8-ball getting them out of rhythm and what they really wanted to do. Defense definitely picked it up in the second half(particularly the 4th qtr.) but just came up a little short.

Thanks Rocking Chair. That was the kid I was thinking of. Not affiliated with any particular school. Just an old retired coach from Ohio that came down here about 15 yrs ago. Gave up on the NFL, and most college ball as well. For the most part, a fan of "programs" not players. Fan of Fulton, Alcoa, Maryville, Catholic, DB, Farragut, BA, MBA, Lipscomb, South Pitt, Smith Co., Hillsboro, and some others. I really took a shine to LA a few years back. Seemed like they had a lot of the pieces of the puzzle. Players, admin, coaches, community, etc. Just didn't work out. Was really interested to see what would happen w/Stone Memorial. We'll see. Show me a good high school program, and I'll show you a community of rock solid Americans. We need more of both, IMO.

ruse?

ruse? oh ok but I was thinking Fulton but wasn't sure. Old retired coach, that explains all of the knowledge about football and sports in general. Yes anybody that couldn't jump on LA's bandwagon in 05 can't be a true fan of the sport. It was like the ending to a good movie. A team from a small rural area on the Cumberland Plateau beating the best Chatt. Knox. and Nash. had to offer. LA's accomplishments stands right up there with the movie "Hooisers" in my book. To me that's just amazing what the Wildcats done in 05. It probably want happen again in 100 yrs but who knows. I agree with you a 100% about a community of rock solid americans. You know I went and watched TC and SC friday night and while listening to the national anthem I was so thankful that our country was free and I had the opportunity to watch such a sporting event as this one. I stood and I looked from where I was standing along the end zone fence and was amazed how these 2 communities love the game and their kids. There were close to 5000 people at that game I was told. There's 2 God fearing rock solid communities right there for you. Give me a good friday night football game with 2 arch rivals and you talk about heaven I love it !!!

The 2 first half TD drives ate up large chunks of time. Clay Co. also kept the ball for the 1st 6 minutes of the 3rd qtr. Kind of put the LA offense behind the 8-ball getting them out of rhythm and what they really wanted to do. Defense definitely picked it up in the second half(particularly the 4th qtr.) but just came up a little short.

Yes we fell short but we shouldn't have been it that shape to begin with.

Yes some of our kids came out and thought that since we beat White Co. that Clay Co. would be a breeze. Well did they get shocked. Clay Co. got off the bus and 30 mins later punched our kids right in the mouth. This game was a good lesson for most of our kids not all of them. Even though you might be better than a team on paper, or your school is 3 times the size of their's or whatever you still have to go out and get the job done. I was real mad at first but I thought it was sort of funny that some of the kids that wasn't ready were getting their tails handed to them. Never I repeat never under estimate your opponent.

Yes we fell short but we shouldn't have been it that shape to begin with.

Yes some of our kids came out and thought that since we beat White Co. that Clay Co. would be a breeze. Well did they get shocked. Clay Co. got off the bus and 30 mins later punched our kids right in the mouth. This game was a good lesson for most of our kids not all of them. Even though you might be better than a team on paper, or your school is 3 times the size of their's or whatever you still have to go out and get the job done. I was real mad at first but I thought it was sort of funny that some of the kids that wasn't ready were getting their tails handed to them. Never I repeat never under estimate your opponent.

Obviously, I didn't know anything about what the kids were thinking. But you are correct RC they punched us in the mouth. #30 was a pretty good RB, but LA didn't wrap up real well from what I saw. Even after all that, they had a decent shot to win. They just didn't make plays when they had their chances. Part of the game I guess.

Obviously, I didn't know anything about what the kids were thinking. But you are correct RC they punched us in the mouth. #30 was a pretty good RB, but LA didn't wrap up real well from what I saw. Even after all that, they had a decent shot to win. They just didn't make plays when they had their chances. Part of the game I guess.

Well after the half-time speech I think it sunk in to most of them that Clay Co. was embarrasing us. Our defense played well and shut em out the second half, but the offense struggled somewhat. But the blocking was a little better than last week wouldn't you say. A play I thought that set the tone early was when Dylan dropped the wheel pass about the 2nd or 3rd play of the game. I think he could have made a huge gain or even scored. From then on not much to talk about. But we made a game of it in the 4th quarter. All in all a good lesson for the kids but more importantly much needed work.

Well after the half-time speech I think it sunk in to most of them that Clay Co. was embarrasing us. Our defense played well and shut em out the second half, but the offense struggled somewhat. But the blocking was a little better than last week wouldn't you say. A play I thought that set the tone early was when Dylan dropped the wheel pass about the 2nd or 3rd play of the game. I think he could have made a huge gain or even scored. From then on not much to talk about. But we made a game of it in the 4th quarter. All in all a good lesson for the kids but more importantly much needed work.

I 100% agree. By no means picking on the kid, but that play could have been huge and I think you are right he could have potentially taken that one to the house. If LA scores on that play, who knows. But mistakes are part of the game, no one is immune to them.

Tait is still out but hopes in a best case scenario to play late in the year. LA played a very clean game and probably wouldn't stoop to playing like some on here have suggested. I certainly wouldn't suggest playing dirty especially when you're really undermatched physically. You don't smack a sleeping bear. It might just ###### it off.

Z. Tait is out the whole year and will be back next year for Catholic. He is doing well.

Z. Tait is out the whole year and will be back next year for Catholic. He is doing well.

Great news for Zach. I know that was one of the worst injuries that I have ever seen. It was every bit as bad as when Joe Theismans got his leg hurt. And I'm sure that Zach knows that it wasn't dirty play by LA but was a freak accident. It happened on the end of the field that has all the low places in it. Hopefully he can come back later this year and push the Irish over the hump during the play-offs.

Rocking Chair & Max3388.

RC.

1. LA's run was awsome. One of the better one's I have seen. Euclid OH had one with Robert Smith (Ohio State & ESPN guy back in the late 80's that was along those lines.

2. Best place to be is at TC/SC game or one like it. Alcoa/Mville, Fulton/Catholic, MoWest/MoEast, or this week Brentwood & Ravenwood. It is America, and a good # of the kids I played with, and or played for me died defending it. Remember that some of those we watch this Friday may do the same. God bless them.

3. Yeah, I do tend to root for Fulton. I was involved with both privates and publics, and I tend to fall along the line of publics. Having said that, Catholic is about as much of a "public" atmosphere as a private could. You can tell that a good # of those parents sacrifice a lot to send their kids there. Not snobby at all. The kids do play tough. But Fulton, man those kids are solid. Coatney is just fantastic. Best recruiter in Knoxville, by far. 0-3 this year. Last time they started 0-3 was 05 when Rogan was a JR. Catholic knocked them out in Round #2, and then The Wildcats, and Mr. Cates rolled on.

Max3388.

1. What's the deal with Tait? Will he be back this year, or will he not play until next, and be 2010 kid? As I remember, he was being recruited by a lot of folks...is he still, and if you know, who?

Thanks.

ruse?

Rocking Chair & Max3388.

RC.

1. LA's run was awsome. One of the better one's I have seen. Euclid OH had one with Robert Smith (Ohio State & ESPN guy back in the late 80's that was along those lines.

2. Best place to be is at TC/SC game or one like it. Alcoa/Mville, Fulton/Catholic, MoWest/MoEast, or this week Brentwood & Ravenwood. It is America, and a good # of the kids I played with, and or played for me died defending it. Remember that some of those we watch this Friday may do the same. God bless them.

3. Yeah, I do tend to root for Fulton. I was involved with both privates and publics, and I tend to fall along the line of publics. Having said that, Catholic is about as much of a "public" atmosphere as a private could. You can tell that a good # of those parents sacrifice a lot to send their kids there. Not snobby at all. The kids do play tough. But Fulton, man those kids are solid. Coatney is just fantastic. Best recruiter in Knoxville, by far. 0-3 this year. Last time they started 0-3 was 05 when Rogan was a JR. Catholic knocked them out in Round #2, and then The Wildcats, and Mr. Cates rolled on.

Max3388.

1. What's the deal with Tait? Will he be back this year, or will he not play until next, and be 2010 kid? As I remember, he was being recruited by a lot of folks...is he still, and if you know, who?

Thanks.

ruse?

Zak Tait is now classified as a 2010 kid, he will NOT play at all this year or the playoffs, NEXT YEAR. He will be ready for spring ball and Catholic expects every coach in the country to come by this spring. He is being recruited by everybody in the country. Check out knoxcatholicfootball.com for the lastest news on Z. Tait & other future players under the recruit 101 tab. Ruse? Brentwood/Ravenwood is a great match-up, Seen it many of times. ITs right on par with Catholic/webb. You should have a great time.