LA Wildcat Football

Rocking Chair

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe HH is really a fan and is not trying to stir the pot. After all he did play here and is part of the Wildcat family. But as for Barack I question some of his or her post. B/c the majority of them have been negative. I don't know if heshe is jealous or what but who cares. I just look at it as if it's someone with a chip on their shoulder. You have these at every school. You can't make everyone happy but it's hard to not defend this program when someone comes in and tries to stir up stuff. I say..... don't worry be happy.

Go Big Blue. H-O-G-E-Y-E, HOGEYE HOGEYE, T-N-T. And remember, don't forget to vote.

First of all I'm not on here to argue with anyone even though some people think that's what we are doing.

Ouch nice post HH. It's starting to become clearer and clearer for me. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You're right. Not arguing just football talk between fans with different opinions. I have said it before and I'll say it again. I'm for LA and anybody that has anything to do with the program. It's just more important to some than it is to others. I think you know what I mean Chair but that's not a shot at you just to be clear.

You're right. Not arguing just football talk between fans with different opinions. I have said it before and I'll say it again. I'm for LA and anybody that has anything to do with the program. It's just more important to some than it is to others. I think you know what I mean Chair but that's not a shot at you just to be clear.

I don't think that you were aiming at me but I also hope you wasn't aiming at any of the coaches or players either. This is one of the biggest peeves I have about Livingston. There have always been some kind controversy about sports in this county. It's beyond me why everybody can't work together and pull for the same cause. I know that would be impossible b/c you can't make everyone happy.

But back to our discussion. I don't think that giving up 23 pts a game is acceptable by any means, but there have been big big improvements in our defense the past 3 years. Call it a moral victory or whatever but going to AE and shutting them down for 3 qrts is pretty dang good to me. Considering they beat us 69 to 0 and 42 to 7 the past 2 years. It still adds up to a loss but we are just trying to get better every game on both sides of the ball. Same for the offense. You say we don't have the athlete's to run this or that so why not try to get good at something. We are so close you couldn't imagine to putting it all together.

Next year we should be in good shape if we work hard in the off-season. But we will have to do more than just show up to win, And if we don't get any better on offense we will struggle to have a good season again. I think everybody knew that we would struggle to win a game this year no big surprise. I feel that we have a shot in our next 3 call me crazy I have been called worse (LEE CORSO). Understand that this program has been torn in shreds the last few years with all the coaching changes. And you can't just flip the on switch to become a good team it takes time. Especially in this region we are in now. Maybe next year we can win a few games and we will fall back in the good graces of LA fans and nay sayers.

I don't think that you were aiming at me but I also hope you wasn't aiming at any of the coaches or players either. This is one of the biggest peeves I have about Livingston. There have always been some kind controversy about sports in this county. It's beyond me why everybody can't work together and pull for the same cause. I know that would be impossible b/c you can't make everyone happy.

But back to our discussion. I don't think that giving up 23 pts a game is acceptable by any means, but there have been big big improvements in our defense the past 3 years. Call it a moral victory or whatever but going to AE and shutting them down for 3 qrts is pretty dang good to me. Considering they beat us 69 to 0 and 42 to 7 the past 2 years. It still adds up to a loss but we are just trying to get better every game on both sides of the ball. Same for the offense. You say we don't have the athlete's to run this or that so why not try to get good at something. We are so close you couldn't imagine to putting it all together.

Next year we should be in good shape if we work hard in the off-season. But we will have to do more than just show up to win, And if we don't get any better on offense we will struggle to have a good season again. I think everybody knew that we would struggle to win a game this year no big surprise. I feel that we have a shot in our next 3 call me crazy I have been called worse (LEE CORSO). Understand that this program has been torn in shreds the last few years with all the coaching changes. And you can't just flip the on switch to become a good team it takes time. Especially in this region we are in now. Maybe next year we can win a few games and we will fall back in the good graces of LA fans and nay sayers.

Talking about Livingston and controversy I would say "Who cares!!" We're just a small town with nothing better to do. It's not just Livingston either. You think Smith County fans wouldn't be on here raising cane to if their team hadn't won in three years? That's the beauty of small town football. When it's great there is nothing better in the world but when it's bad then people are going to get down and talk about the program. If the coaches believe in what they are doing then it doesn't matter what people like me think or any one else. They are going to get their chance to prove it. After all, they are the ones with the whistle around their neck, not me. Now, if they don't prove it after a while then that whistle should be snatched away and given to someone else but they are going to have their chance. At least a couple more seasons I would think. That's plenty of time to get back on track. Livingston will be back on their side if they start winning. I do feel a little sorry for this coaching staff because they have come in after two losing seasons and LA fans are starting to get anxious and that's put a lot more pressure on this staff. At the same time though, they knew that coming in. I understand what you have said about the off season program and I agree 100% with you. Im sure it was tough on these kids the last couple of years and the shuffling around with coaches. Which brings me to another point, whenever Coach Lamb calls it quits whether it be in 2 seasons or 20, here is some advice for the school board that might solve this shuffling around. How about going outside the county and looking for coaches. Maybe even outside the state. If we would have done that when Eldridge hung it up we might be in better shape. Just go look, that doesn't mean you have to hire someone from outside but it doesn't hurt to look. What's wrong with hiring a career coach rather than someone that just wants to do it for a couple years?

But back to our discussion. I don't think that giving up 23 pts a game is acceptable by any means, but there have been big big improvements in our defense the past 3 years. Call it a moral victory or whatever but going to AE and shutting them down for 3 qrts is pretty dang good to me. Considering they beat us 69 to 0 and 42 to 7 the past 2 years. It still adds up to a loss but we are just trying to get better every game on both sides of the ball. Same for the offense. You say we don't have the athlete's to run this or that so why not try to get good at something. imagine to putting it all together.We are so close you couldn't

It's actually 27 a game but whose counting. So close to putting it together? Why would everyone think you would struggle to win a game? What's the expectation level anyway? 1 win. It appears the region is more competitive than any time since LA has been in it. Next year/light at the end of the tunnel(NEW REGION in AC qb's words)

And your momma wears combat boots!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

So this is what a State Championship does to a small town school's fans? Only 2 schools in the Upper Cumberland area have ever won a football State Championship. I know people don't want to hang their hat on what happened 3 years ago, but you might still be filling the ill effects of losing that great squad you all had. My guess is that a team like that doesn't surface that often in the small town of Livingston.

So this is what a State Championship does to a small town school's fans? Only 2 schools in the Upper Cumberland area have ever won a football State Championship. I know people don't want to hang their hat on what happened 3 years ago, but you might still be filling the ill effects of losing that great squad you all had. My guess is that a team like that doesn't surface that often in the small town of Livingston.

That would be a very good guess! Probably will never have another team like that but that is not an acceptable excuse for what we are going through now. This is what 2 straight 1-9 seasons and the prospect of a third does to a small town's fans!