best 32 teams in the state

patriot04

Are you for real???????? I don't know the record of each of these teams but I do know region 6 you got Smyrna #7 (1-3) #11 Independence(1-2) #8 Ravenwood (1-2) You got Brentwood #19 and they are (4-0) plus they already beat Smyrna. I agree this is a hard task but it looks like you put no thought into it at all. I wouldn't even put Smyrna or Ravenwood and possibly not Indy on the list. You got Henry Co. #12 have you looked at their points for and against they are killing their opponents that deserves a top 5 at least.

Well, I will say that I interpreted the call for the "best 32 teams in the state regardless of classification" more as a current level of programs than as a current week by week power rankings. I admit that Riverdale and Oakland probably shouldn't be in the top 20 right now when I look at it in that regard.

However, Smyrna is the 2 time defending 5A state champions. Ravenwood just recently knocked off a BA team and was in the 5A state finals not too long ago. Independence was a 5A state finalist last year. Henry County has not made a state finals in that same time period and are dominating far inferior teams. Brentwood is impressive thus far this season, but hasn't made the 5A State finals in several years. Again, I didn't really conduct a current power rankings as much as a current level of programs across the state regardless of classification.

However, as for it being a middle TN bias, Farragut, Ooltewah and others are getting help from an obvious East TN bias. In fact, I don't see how many people won't have a bias of some kind towards the part of the state where the teams they are most familiar with are located. That happens more often in high school because televised games are only carried locally. West TN teams won't get many votes except for from folks who live in West TN (they haven't won too many state championships in recent years in any classification).

My rankings have 3 teams from West TN, 4 from East TN, and the rest from Middle TN (6-7 of which aren't really debatable and 3 of those which are D2 schools). This is a VERY subjective thing here. It is not a science.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Debating who is best in west tennessee got me thinkin. So I'm gonna do somethin fun on this site. I want everybody to post there top 20 teams in the entire state regardless of class. I'm gonna add up based on votes and come up with a bracket. Every week I will post the new bracket with who yall pick to win. And please base your votes on by who you think is the best and who you think will actually win the games. I will stop countin the top 20 votes at midnight of next friday and will have the bracket done by monday.

All right, here is THE top 20 in the state:

1. MBA

2. Farragut

3. Franklin

4. MUS

5. Maryville

6. BA

7. Dobyns-Bennett

8. Alcoa

9. Henry Co.

10. Hillsboro

11. Ooltewah

12. Whitehaven

13. Brentwood

14. CBHS

15. Millington

16. Melrose

17. McCallie

18. Ensworth

19. Knox Catholic

20. Oakland

Maryville #1

Alcoa #2

The rest doesnt matter, so deal with it... We have combined for 8 state championships in the last 4 years. Maryville did it undefeated, and if you havent noticed we are currently 64-0

Alcoa hasnt lost to anyone other than Maryville

Just deal with it!!!

Well come out of your hollor and play with the big boys sometime. If you want to claim to be the best you have to beat the best

This post isn't based on the past is it? Maryville and Alcoa are definitely the teams to beat, but that is why they play the games. Don't overlook HC this year.

We tried not to overlook Henry County but last year they didn't even make it to meet Maryville, if i am thinking right, Red Bank beat them, and the Red Bank got smashed by Maryville!!!

We tried not to overlook Henry County but last year they didn't even make it to meet Maryville, if i am thinking right, Red Bank beat them, and the Red Bank got smashed by Maryville!!!

Henry County lost by one point to Maplewood in double overtime. Maryville did not "smash" Maplewood. Some of our fans are a bit carried awawy with our success. Only a few short years ago our teams won only a game or two each year and a few of our folks don't quite know how to handle our recent successes. Maryville is in a class by itself but we have a very good team. I do believe that the road to Murfreesboro is a little tougher for us than it is for you (Hillsboro, Maplewood, Melrose) but your team has established itself as the best in Tennessee. Please excuse a few of our fans who don't understand that. But we are pretty darn good.

Well , other than our new Maryville fan Rebelrant101 , nobody from Maryville thinks that this team is unbeatable . Rebel , nothing wrong with " acting like we've been there before " . Getting on a thread like this , which I always hate , and beating your chest , just gives others a chance to take shots at your team .

I think that this year , there may be as many as 10 teams who can beat any other team in the state on any given night .

Well, I will say that I interpreted the call for the "best 32 teams in the state regardless of classification" more as a current level of programs than as a current week by week power rankings. I admit that Riverdale and Oakland probably shouldn't be in the top 20 right now when I look at it in that regard.

However, Smyrna is the 2 time defending 5A state champions. Ravenwood just recently knocked off a BA team and was in the 5A state finals not too long ago. Independence was a 5A state finalist last year. Henry County has not made a state finals in that same time period and are dominating far inferior teams. Brentwood is impressive thus far this season, but hasn't made the 5A State finals in several years. Again, I didn't really conduct a current power rankings as much as a current level of programs across the state regardless of classification.

However, as for it being a middle TN bias, Farragut, Ooltewah and others are getting help from an obvious East TN bias. In fact, I don't see how many people won't have a bias of some kind towards the part of the state where the teams they are most familiar with are located. That happens more often in high school because televised games are only carried locally. West TN teams won't get many votes except for from folks who live in West TN (they haven't won too many state championships in recent years in any classification).

My rankings have 3 teams from West TN, 4 from East TN, and the rest from Middle TN (6-7 of which aren't really debatable and 3 of those which are D2 schools). This is a VERY subjective thing here. It is not a science.

Yea because Middle TN has the best football in TN. Just lyk west tn has the best basketball. And east has the best...uh.......

I guess I THOUGHT this was based on THIS year not on years PAST!!!!! Smyrna and Ravenwood WONT make the playoffs therefore don't deserve to be on list based on past performances!!!!

Well come out of your hollor and play with the big boys sometime. If you want to claim to be the best you have to beat the best

Who exactly is it Marville's been steamrolling in the playoffs and championship every year if not the " big boys "

Maryville is # 1 and has been for some time.

Some of you folks can debate # 2 if you want but fellow Blount county team Alcoa could easily occupy that slot.