best 32 teams in the state

patriot04

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry County lost by one point to Maplewood in double overtime. Maryville did not "smash" Maplewood. Some of our fans are a bit carried awawy with our success. Only a few short years ago our teams won only a game or two each year and a few of our folks don't quite know how to handle our recent successes. Maryville is in a class by itself but we have a very good team. I do believe that the road to Murfreesboro is a little tougher for us than it is for you (Hillsboro, Maplewood, Melrose) but your team has established itself as the best in Tennessee. Please excuse a few of our fans who don't understand that. But we are pretty darn good.

i see what you are saying, but those are the main teams that Maryville has beaten 8 out of the last 10 years in the state championship. 4 out of the last 4 also, but whos counting that?!?!

i see what you are saying, but those are the main teams that Maryville has beaten 8 out of the last 10 years in the state championship. 4 out of the last 4 also, but whos counting that?!?!

I agree with you but I do believe that its a tougher road to get to the finals on this end then on your end. The obvious thing is, however, that no matter how tough the road, Maryville has been better than all of us.

We have beaten the best, every december for the last four years!!! Undefeated!!!

You have beaten the best in 4A and below. I will give you that Maryville is the best 4A program in the state, but that isn't the same thing as being the best in the state. Come on out and play some of the top 5A teams and DII teams. If you beat them then you can lay claim to being the best in the state. but until you play you are just making noise.

I have a very limited knowledge of middle to east tn football,however I do know we have not done well here in the west at state in recent years. I do think that is about to change though. I did not put alot of 2a to 4a teams in because I have seen most of the time when they go head to head with quality 5a schools they lose. I do however know alittle about our west tn schools. Here goes my attempt at a top 20:

1. Franklin

2. Farragut

3.Oakland

4. Millington

5. Whitehaven

6. Maryville

7. Henry County

8.BGA

9. MBA

10. MUS

11.Brentwood

12. Germantown

13.Houston

14.Ooltewah

15.Christian Brothers

16.Bearden

17.Riverdale

18. Milan

19.Independence

20.Collierville

You have beaten the best in 4A and below. I will give you that Maryville is the best 4A program in the state, but that isn't the same thing as being the best in the state. Come on out and play some of the top 5A teams and DII teams. If you beat them then you can lay claim to being the best in the state. but until you play you are just making noise.

Well " Dad " , the only difference between the " noise " some others make , and your " noise " is that being a Dad , you should be mature enough to not jump in and attack another school that has played with class and heart and has been very successful , whether you want to admit that or not . You don't see myself or any of the other 95% of the Maryville fans trying to attack your school , and belittle their accomplishments . Most MBA fans that I have ever dealt with are very classy guys who are secure enough with MBA's status that they don't feel the need to come down to the level of some very obvious immature kids , maybe you should follow their fine example . Good luck to MBA this year , starting next year Maryville will be playing in 5A , and maybe someday we can earn your respect .

I have a very limited knowledge of middle to east tn football,however I do know we have not done well here in the west at state in recent years. I do think that is about to change though. I did not put alot of 2a to 4a teams in because I have seen most of the time when they go head to head with quality 5a schools they lose. I do however know alittle about our west tn schools. Here goes my attempt at a top 20:

1. Franklin

2. Farragut

3.Oakland

4. Millington

5. Whitehaven

6. Maryville

7. Henry County

8.BGA

9. MBA

10. MUS

11.Brentwood

12. Germantown