Franklin Rebels VS. Independence Eagles

huskergymnast33

We may have lost two dominant receivers, but its all relative, because can anyone deny that Franklin lost two solid members out of their very own secondary. With Anderson and Hampton (both all-region) gone, who has stepped up to the plate to fill their roles, because from what I have seen no one in Franklin's secondary is of the same caliber as those two, and even with those two studs playing on Franklin's side of the ball, Heckman was able to pick-franklin-apart last November. According to my level of reasoning, Heckman is now equipped with a new set of "three" recievers, and Franklin has not been able to establish "one" shut-down corner, Now I am not a betting-man but I would take 3-1 odds anyday. The only possible speed-bump for IHS' passing game is #3, but even his play is shaky at best, one week he looks decent against Hillsboro, and then a few weeks later he gets burned a few times during the McgGavock game (if you go back and review the film you will see that there were numerous blown coverages) Once again it seems, that #3 has the same identity-crisis that Franklin's Defense appears b going through (first 2 games VS last two games) I fully agree that Franklin's Linebacking core is amazing against the Run, and if IHS can keep the front-7 honest, and force FHS to match up on the outside with INDY's passing game. I believe that the Eagles will take to the air, and force Franklin into a shoot-out (so I hope Nichols can keep it perfect)

Dont get me wrong, the Franklin defense has given the illusion of being incredible (but INDY has handled the incredible before), Coach Web must be one heckuva seem-tress, because he has sown & pieced a manageable excuse of a defense. This weekend the "patch-work" starts to fray, the string is going to dissolve, and when Heckman and his crew begin to punish FHS's "curtain" the clothe is going to rupture, and the only thing left standing will be IHS (once again)

I agree with you that Franklin hasn't had the best defense that they have had but they are certainly not bad. You said that #3 (Brown) is not a shutdown-corner. I disagree with that statement because if you watched him during the passing tournaments ( which you probably didn't) he shut down almost all of the best receivers of the other teams. I know that people say it doesn't matter until you put on the pads, but I think that everyone would agree that he is one of the hardest workers at FHS. He loves the game and will make sure that he stops whomever is lined up against him. Also, Heckman is a great QB but is stats are not too good this year. He can run the ball when he is under pressure( Which franklin will give him)but has he faced a linebacking corpse of Constantine,Nathan,or Gordon? Probably not, because these three guys are some of the fastest and hardest hitting linebackers in the mid-state. As for the d-line, they have stepped up when they needed to. Howard had 2 sacks against Ravenwood, and Wlson one of the strongest and quickest pound for pound had 1. Jervis is a monster at the D-Line position no matter what his size. The defense has made numerous goal line stops when they needed to. I say they step up their game again at Independance Way on Friday. NEVER DOUBT WEBB!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We may have lost two dominant receivers, but its all relative, because can anyone deny that Franklin lost two solid members out of their very own secondary. With Anderson and Hampton (both all-region) gone, who has stepped up to the plate to fill their roles, because from what I have seen no one in Franklin's secondary is of the same caliber as those two, and even with those two studs playing on Franklin's side of the ball, Heckman was able to pick-franklin-apart last November. According to my level of reasoning, Heckman is now equipped with a new set of "three" recievers, and Franklin has not been able to establish "one" shut-down corner, Now I am not a betting-man but I would take 3-1 odds anyday. The only possible speed-bump for IHS' passing game is #3, but even his play is shaky at best, one week he looks decent against Hillsboro, and then a few weeks later he gets burned a few times during the McgGavock game (if you go back and review the film you will see that there were numerous blown coverages) Once again it seems, that #3 has the same identity-crisis that Franklin's Defense appears b going through (first 2 games VS last two games) I fully agree that Franklin's Linebacking core is amazing against the Run, and if IHS can keep the front-7 honest, and force FHS to match up on the outside with INDY's passing game. I believe that the Eagles will take to the air, and force Franklin into a shoot-out (so I hope Nichols can keep it perfect)

Dont get me wrong, the Franklin defense has given the illusion of being incredible (but INDY has handled the incredible before), Coach Web must be one heckuva seem-tress, because he has sown & pieced a manageable excuse of a defense. This weekend the "patch-work" starts to fray, the string is going to dissolve, and when Heckman and his crew begin to punish FHS's "curtain" the clothe is going to rupture, and the only thing left standing will be IHS (once again)

Looking at Heckmans stats The real question Is whether or not he will throw the ball to his recievers or to Franklins DB's

the odds are 7/6 not looking too good for indy

INDY is gonna put a blemish on that record FHS!

just go ahead and get your arguements ready for why the D-line got no pressure, the secondary choked and why heckman is the player of the week!

And make sure you don't bite your tongue when Franklin wins, the d-lline gets 4 sacks, and the secondary geats 2 interceptions! Good Heath to both teams Friday night! Its going to be a great one.

All the Independence fans get a little testy when you try and tell them that they don't have as good of a team as they did last year, and its just hard for them to get that in their heads.

Alright, I will agree that Franklin's secondary might be a little slow or unable to keep up, but the d-line will be able to shut down the run.

No matter how many points Franklin allows Friday night, Indy will allow more. Franklin's offense is just to explosive for Indy to handle. Ford and Lee will run all over that weak little thing that Indy calls a defense. Should be a blowout for Franklin for the third week in a row.

Go Rebs!

We may have lost two dominant receivers, but its all relative, because can anyone deny that Franklin lost two solid members out of their very own secondary. With Anderson and Hampton (both all-region) gone, who has stepped up to the plate to fill their roles, because from what I have seen no one in Franklin's secondary is of the same caliber as those two, and even with those two studs playing on Franklin's side of the ball, Heckman was able to pick-franklin-apart last November.

This was the problem with the past FHS teams, everyone was looking at one or two players to do everything. What is so great about this TEAM is that you can't mention the defensive line without mentioning all of them, no body just mentions one linebacker but all three, and please keep insulting the FHS defensive secondary, I would almost guarantee that it fuels their fire every week. Plus, the offense is well, everyone does them enough credit already. This TEAM plays more like a TEAM than anything that I have seen at Franklin in the Clayton era. All around efforts. Well its been fun, but now its time for a nice big glass of some of that FHS Koolaid.

I agree with you that Franklin hasn't had the best defense that they have had but they are certainly not bad. You said that #3 (Brown) is not a shutdown-corner. I disagree with that statement because if you watched him during the passing tournaments ( which you probably didn't) he shut down almost all of the best receivers of the other teams. I know that people say it doesn't matter until you put on the pads, but I think that everyone would agree that he is one of the hardest workers at FHS. He loves the game and will make sure that he stops whomever is lined up against him. Also, Heckman is a great QB but is stats are not too good this year. He can run the ball when he is under pressure( Which franklin will give him)but has he faced a linebacking corpse of Constantine,Nathan,or Gordon? Probably not, because these three guys are some of the fastest and hardest hitting linebackers in the mid-state. As for the d-line, they have stepped up when they needed to. Howard had 2 sacks against Ravenwood, and Wlson one of the strongest and quickest pound for pound had 1. Jervis is a monster at the D-Line position no matter what his size. The defense has made numerous goal line stops when they needed to. I say they step up their game again at Independance Way on Friday. NEVER DOUBT WEBB!

agree Heckmans stats have not been overwhelming but you have to consider that he lost a back that churned up close to 1300 yards last season in Pettigrew and another 400 to Consiglio and every coach knows that IHS does not have any running game plus throw in the fact that all his recievers are starting for first time as WR

All the Independence fans get a little testy when you try and tell them that they don't have as good of a team as they did last year, and its just hard for them to get that in their heads.

Alright, I will agree that Franklin's secondary might be a little slow or unable to keep up, but the d-line will be able to shut down the run.

No matter how many points Franklin allows Friday night, Indy will allow more. Franklin's offense is just to explosive for Indy to handle. Ford and Lee will run all over that weak little thing that Indy calls a defense. Should be a blowout for Franklin for the third week in a row.

Go Rebs!

well like i said all you REBEL fans were singing and dancing after last years regular season game and talking all the smack before the playoff game that it was gonna be even worse then the first game beating but AS I SEEM to recall the IHS kids were dancing on the field and I saw alot of rebel tears falling so /.................

well like i said all you REBEL fans were singing and dancing after last years regular season game and talking all the smack before the playoff game that it was gonna be even worse then the first game beating but AS I SEEM to recall the IHS kids were dancing on the field and I saw alot of rebel tears falling so /.................

Your post is false!!

You say that the reason franklin has beat many teams is bacause of the opponents being one dimensional. My only question is WHERE IS YOUR RINNING GAME? If you look at your stats that I have so conveniently provided, Your leading running back, Bailey, has 17 rushes for 83 yards and no touch down. Your leading rusher is actually your quarterback, Whose rushing stats are skewed by being flushed out of the pocket because of poor O-Line blocking. And you cant tell me you have a great Potent passing game that can spread the ball around. Heckman has spread the ball around to the other teams defenders almost as much as he puts it in the endzone. Point blank, Indy is one demensional which gives franklin the W

Funny, because if I remember correctly quite a bit of Heckman's 197 rushing yards against Centennial were off designed runs

Franklin does have a stud offense, I will give them that. But Indy has had two weeks to prepare for them, on top of being fueled by an embarrassing loss to Centennial (who is actually much better than people give them credit for). I don't know that the Indy D can shut down Franklin, but I do think they will contain them. Indy can stay in the game til the end if Heckman is on, which I believe he will be. Franklin will run and Indy will pass and it will be a high scoring affair.

Franklin has never won @ Indy...

Upset... Indy by 3