DB vs Jeff County

1WhoKnows

They had Greeneville beat in the first half with that pounding,Greeneville just didn't know it yet.That big fullback is a beast and their backs are very quick.I said after that game, if DB could stop their run with a three man front,DB had a special run defense.Watson and Holt calling those stunts are the keys to that.Greeneville had a four man front and would bring two linebackers,but couldn't hardly slow Jeff co. down by the half. I think Jeff co. has been without their QB for the last couple of weeks.We have to figure this is the game they get it going.We have a very good team and everyone has painted a bulls eye on us this year.

It's great to have Chris back,and I hope that we mix up the run and pass to really use every weapon that we have.I thought Chris made some good things happen when it didn't look like anything was there.

We are to small here and two small there,but we just beat a team that had a 285 pound average line and looked like a college team all over the field.We're not a perfect team to look at,but so far we are where it counts.Roll Tribe

Unfortunately, the Jeff County team that pounded Greenville into submission has yet to make a reappearance(there were flashes against Campbell Co but it was Campbell Co). We have to play well more consistently, not just good one week bad the next. In recent years JC has usually played DB close for a half or 3 quarters then DB pulls away. Provided we don't turn the ball over early, I expect a similar type of game this year.

Who knows, maybe this year will be the year we break the streak /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a MoWest fan: I was looking for Jeff to kill East and was extremely surprised that East was able to win by such a large margin. Losing the players you have lost to injury has affected the team much more than I expected. If you play DB as you played West, Jeff has a good chance to pull out the win. However, if you play as you did against Campbell Co and East you do not have a chance. I am hoping that Jeff will get it together give this upper East Tennessee powerhouse a lesson in football, but I do not expect it to happen. This DB team seems to be special and should go a long way in the playoffs. I see a DB win, but will say Go Patriots.

Upper East Tennessee powerhouse,wow! I had just said that we had a bulls eye on us.That sounds like something David would have to beat in the Bible

The winner of region 1 will have to face two of the states top four teams just to advance west.{The first thing }Dobyns Bennett has to do in order to make the playoffs,is{ beat Jeff co. }and then look towards the next region game,with a stop at Elizabethton along the way.

...'If you play DB as you played West, Jeff has a good chance to pull out the win. However, if you play as you did against Campbell Co and East you do not have a chance. I am hoping that Jeff will get it together and give this upper East Tennessee powerhouse a lesson in football, but I do not expect it to happen. This DB team seems to be special and should go a long way in the playoffs...'

I somewhat appreciate the respect, but don't know what lesson there is to learn? If we lose, we lose. Anyhow, I'm confused by the above quoted section of your post. If Jefferson Co. plays like they did against West, i.e. 6 turnovers and scoring less points than their opponent, there is no chance they will pull out a win against DB. I think losing their quarterback/athlete and linebacker will hurt them more than most realize. Due to this, I think they'll revert back to form from last season, playing as they did in 2007.

Unfortunately, the Jeff County team that pounded Greenville into submission has yet to make a reappearance(there were flashes against Campbell Co but it was Campbell Co). We have to play well more consistently, not just good one week bad the next. In recent years JC has usually played DB close for a half or 3 quarters then DB pulls away. Provided we don't turn the ball over early, I expect a similar type of game this year.

Who knows, maybe this year will be the year we break the streak /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

If there are not some changes in the defense this will be an ugly night. Howell ran right through them and CS will run right over them. I hope I'm wrong but based on what I've seen of both teams JC better bring their A or G (Greeneville) game to Kingsport Friday. Its time to let it all hang out!!!

I hope there are no more party's planned between now and Friday night. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Don't you just love the smell of Hay?......Ummmmm..that's not hay I smell. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Don't you just love the smell of Hay?......Ummmmm..that's not hay I smell. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Party on Dude!!!! DBs kids are only young once and JC shouldn't be much of a problem. So go ahead, eat, drink, and smoke mary. I mean be merry. Yeah thats it. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />