DB vs Jeff County

1WhoKnows

Lets see: Sensabaugh-9 carries for 42yds, 4.66 avg

Adams-1 rec for 8yds

Steele-1 carry for 17yds

Crawford-13 carries for 61yds

Sylvester-2 for 15yds

Yeah big play after big play /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

There is no bigger play in a game than the big play that scores 6 points. In this game DB had 5 big plays, Jefferson County had ZERO

Lets see: Sensabaugh- 2 touchdowns for 12 points

Steele- 1 touchdown for 6 points

Crawford- 2 touchdowns for 12 points

Sylvester didn't score but he did make your quarterback look silly and juked two of your players so bad they ran into each other and almost knocked each other out. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> To bad they don't give points for that.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no bigger play in a game than the big play that scores 6 points. In this game DB had 5 big plays, Jefferson County had ZERO

Sylvester didn't score but he did make your quarterback look silly and juked two of your players so bad they ran into each other and almost knocked each other out. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> To bad they don't give points for that.

yeah, and when the refs are OBVIOUSLY biased and awful, it's really easy to win a game. just give 'em 10 yards at the end of every play and see how long it takes to score a TD. i mean come on.

but all in all, you guys outplayed us. even if the officiating had been decent i think DB still would have won, but only by about 7.

btw, our kickers a beast.

oh, and check your math, dude. it's definitely impossible to score 5 TD's and have 28 points at the end of the game. (the score was 28 - 6, or did the refs decide to add another TD at the end just for kicks?) at least here in Jeff. Co. we can count.

oh, and check your math, dude. it's definitely impossible to score 5 TD's and have 28 points at the end of the game. (the score was 28 - 6, or did the refs decide to add another TD at the end just for kicks?) at least here in Jeff. Co. we can count.

NO, the refs didn't decide to add a TD, They decided that JC was so bad they needed to blow the ball dead on the 75 yd. TD run in the 1st quarter. Were you at the game? Classless bunch. JC was very physical, but I don't see how any of their fans could be excited about that game. You looked bad; really bad. Easy for a ball carrier to be timid when he has seen two of his friends and teammates carted off the field due to cheapshots by this classless bunch.

yeah, and when the refs are OBVIOUSLY biased and awful, it's really easy to win a game. just give 'em 10 yards at the end of every play and see how long it takes to score a TD. i mean come on.

but all in all, you guys outplayed us. even if the officiating had been decent i think DB still would have won, but only by about 7.

btw, our kickers a beast.

What? If this game was called correctly DB wins by atleast 30, I mean were you guys at the game, we had plenty of big gains called back, so how in the world is that biased? JC caught the DB offense on a bad night and still got their buts whooped by 22, give us the crawford run back and take away that first field goal because there was no way that was offsides and he barely made it,so score at the end of this game should have read 35-3, and yea u add 10 yards for cheap shots, YOU CANT BLOCK BELOW THE KNEES! Have fun going to faragut in the 1st round, that will be good for a laugh.

Well your right about one thing......:its definitely impossible to score 5 TD's and have 28 points at the end of the game". Thats why I keep telling you people that the final score was 35-6. DB definitely scored 5 TD's and Jefferson County definitely scored ZERO TD's. And Its pure stupidity for you to suggest that the refs had anything to do with DB winning this game. You have lost 16 in a row to DB, you were beat when you got off the bus, you are sore losers, get over it. The refs cheated DB out of a touchdown (that im counting anyway), Jefferson County should of had at least 5 players ejected from the game and arrested for assault, your head coach should be suspended for the rest of the season. If DB's athletic director is worth his salt (which he is not) he should send a official complaint to the TSSAA Monday morning.

Well your right about one thing......:its definitely impossible to score 5 TD's and have 28 points at the end of the game". Thats why I keep telling you people that the final score was 35-6. DB definitely scored 5 TD's and Jefferson County definitely scored ZERO TD's. And Its pure stupidity for you to suggest that the refs had anything to do with DB winning this game. You have lost 16 in a row to DB, you were beat when you got off the bus, you are sore losers, get over it. The refs cheated DB out of a touchdown (that im counting anyway), Jefferson County should of had at least 5 players ejected from the game and arrested for assault, your head coach should be suspended for the rest of the season. If DB's athletic director is worth his salt (which he is not) he should send a official complaint to the TSSAA Monday morning.

Well stated Waco. Absolute truth.Hey I read an article about your boy on Google, he is a good athlete.Good luck to him /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

... YOU CANT BLOCK BELOW THE KNEES!

Sure you can block below the knees. Contact the boys in Hermitage and get you a rule book.

Please understand, I did not see this game, so I do not know if these blocks were legal cut blocks within the expanded neutral zone, or illiegal blocks below the knees outside of the zone, OR actual illiegal chop blocks. All of which are different animals. 9 out of 10 people dont know the difference.

I can tell you that a RB blocking below the waist will always be illiegal, and a LB being blocked below the waist will always be illegal because they did not start the down on the line of scrimmage/in the expanded neutral zone. If the LB steps up to the line to blitz before the snap, he's then fair game for a cut block as well. A "chop block" is two players blocking one player, where the first hit is either high or low and the second player blocks low, with a delay between the two blocks. The key is the second hit is low, after a delay of the first hit. Is this what you had?...

Thanks for your expert explaination Satch, but most of us know the rule book and we know what we saw Friday night. We also know the quotes from the players on tricitiessports.com and I talked to two DB players last night about what went down. The sign on the Jefferson Co. side that read " Injure the Indians" and then what took place all game long on the field points to premedation. There needs to be a TSSAA investigation. Jefferson Co. should never be on DB's schedule ever again. After all 16 wins in a row by DB should be enough to prove a point. They've had enough.

You got some players hurt. I really hope that they are not serious injuries. At least they weren't singled out like McFall was the last time we played up there. You must not remeber the late hit out of bounds on McFall which took him out of the game. Then low and behold a DB player was quoted in your paper saying "We knew had to take him out (McFall) if we where gonna win the game."

Yeah thats sportsmanship.

McFall was tackled in bounds, between the hash marks and the numbers on the field, on a completed swing/middle screen pass...wasn't near the sideline...I have the video if you want to see it...it was a perfectly LEGAL and clean shot, but a good one by an all-state linebacker who is now playing at Appy State...the quote was not completed in the article you read, but was completed in the story I wrote on the game and it was referring to his talent as a player and that the Indians couldn't let him do to them what he had been doing to the other teams the Patriots had played...it had nothing to do with attempting to injure anyone, it was about making someone else other than a team's best player beat you (a well used idea in sports)...this whole area has great respect for McFall and his family, they are and were great players...

Good luck the rest of the way Patriots.

And it is actually 17 in a row now...16 regular season wins and a playoff win...D-B is now 17-2 all-time against Jefferson County...

the officials signal for chop block and illegal block below the waist are the same..but the infractions are different as Satch stated...

Roll Tribe Roll

Alright enough of this crap!

Both sides can whine and moan till they're blue in the face, but the truth is that there is plenty of blame on both sides for why friday nights game was as bad as it was. Neither side should be proud of the way they played, and refs should not have let things get out of hand. None of this would have happened if the refs had grabbed control of the game early and kept control. If you want to start pointing fingers at JC you to recognized how things got to the way they did. #71 and #67 for DB started the extracurricular activities IN THE 1ST QUARTER, they plowed over guys after the whistle several times, JC's QB got hit after the whistle while he was trying to get up off the field, apparently DB put an idict out to hit our #14 because he got drilled several times after the whistle. JC's players responded usually a play or two later, both teams talked junk ALL NIGHT LONG. All this happened in the 1st half and the refs should have put a stop to it then. Both coaches should have been warned that if things continued players were going to start being tossed.

I didn't get to see much in the 2nd half because I was stuck in no mans land and all of the plays when DB players got injured happened on the other side of the field from where the JC stands were. The line did plenty of cutting, there's no doubt about that. Was JC intentionally trying to chop block players, its hard to say, I can see DB thinking so based on what happened. Was there retaliation on JC's part based on what happened earlier in the game, it sure looked that way based on how much more cutting we did in the 2nd half than the 1st half. HOWEVER sending linemen out to cut, is a lot different than sending players out to intentionally hurt other players or intentionally chop block. You may not like it but RB's block below the waist on pass protection all the time, from high school all the way up to the pros, its seldom called. I remember last year a college RB got top highlight for causing an opposing LB to do a front flip when he picked up a blitz. The refs should have called JC on as many chop blocks, and blocking below the waist outside the tackle box as they saw, as stands I believe they called JC twice for it. Any retaliation chop blocks, or cuts outside the tackles is inexcusable, however you have to understand that what happened in the 1st half of game translated to what happened in the 2nd half. There were more personal fouls by both teams(some that were called, some that weren't) than I've seen in a game in a loooooooong time. The refs should have kept control over the game, period.

Thanks for your expert explaination Satch, but most of us know the rule book and we know what we saw Friday night. We also know the quotes from the players on tricitiessports.com and I talked to two DB players last night about what went down. The sign on the Jefferson Co. side that read " Injure the Indians" and then what took place all game long on the field points to premedation. There needs to be a TSSAA investigation. Jefferson Co. should never be on DB's schedule ever again. After all 16 wins in a row by DB should be enough to prove a point. They've had enough.

That is flat out BS, and you should know better. In previous years the sign has read "scalp the Indians" and big stinks were made over them.

Stop trying stir up stuff that isn't there