McKenzie at Union City

WestTnFootball

Hey Congratulations On The Win Union City. What Doesn't Kill Ya Only Makes You Stronger. Good Luck To Both Teams.

Tough loss Butchie but sounds like you guys made a valiant effort in the comeback but fell a little short.....Maintain team composure and leadership and grow from this defeat....we are still pulling for yall here in S Pitts.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UC's ball security is horrible. I hope someone does something to fix it. UC did a good job of controling the pass by playing cover 4 the whole game. The more passing we see the more aggressive the coverage can get.

It was a good crowd for homecoming, but I think McKenzie's fans dominated on volume.

yea ..well id like to give a congratulations to the referees...they did a great job tonight

i believe mckenzie got screwed over more with that that any game ever added together...

my old lady was visting family in martin so i decided to come watch the game..

that was terrible..the holding calls..roughing the kicker..and the catch were all wrong...he caught that ball i was standing on the fence and you could see it

mckenzie dominated the second half ..and no the better team didnt win and the way the fans looked afterwards UC better not get hopeful for the play offs

so yes congrats refs you screwed a game that should have went the other way up..congrats..and kudos to mcken zie that was brilliant in the second half..absolutely brilliant..

Are you serious? The punter got the ball off then got nailed. It wasn't even close. And a couple of the holding calls I saw UC linebackers get tackled by o linemen.

Don't worry about it though. There will be a rematch, and it will probably be at UC again.

Are you serious? The punter got the ball off then got nailed. It wasn't even close. And a couple of the holding calls I saw UC linebackers get tackled by o linemen.

Don't worry about it though. There will be a rematch, and it will probably be at UC again.

first off i question whether this guy was at the football game. The roughing the punter was a legit call! He got hit by fuzzell. Holding can be call just about on every down if you wanted to. It just seems strange this year the holding calls are coming more and more when we either score a touchdown or gain more than 10 yards on a run. john Johnson didn't catch the ball in my opionion. I have slept all night to get over being mad as heck and I am still upset! there were some calls that were questionable on both teams but to leave the flag in your pocket on a obvious interference or holding call is completly inexcusable. It wasn't even close. Kudos to the cornerback because he was going to be beat badly on a slant and would have been a touchdown if it was caught.

that said great game u.c. nice first half! I think Mckenzie did what it took to win the game in the second half limiting u.c to a think around 40 yds and maybe 1 or 2 first downs. After speed got the 65 yd touchdown he was held to roughly 50 yds total rushing offense the rest of the plays. I think the cramping up hurt him alot. If we can get Jake Johnson back at tailback I think we will show a much stronger running game with having a fresh tailback out there with Bowden #2. Johnson will also help us starting at linebacker even tho Chappell has done a really great job taking his place. Anyway good luck uc and we hope to see you later at your place in the playoffs.

first off i question whether this guy was at the football game. The roughing the punter was a legit call! He got hit by fuzzell. Holding can be call just about on every down if you wanted to. It just seems strange this year the holding calls are coming more and more when we either score a touchdown or gain more than 10 yards on a run. john Johnson didn't catch the ball in my opionion. I have slept all night to get over being mad as heck and I am still upset! there were some calls that were questionable on both teams but to leave the flag in your pocket on a obvious interference or holding call is completly inexcusable. It wasn't even close. Kudos to the cornerback because he was going to be beat badly on a slant and would have been a touchdown if it was caught.

that said great game u.c. nice first half! I think Mckenzie did what it took to win the game in the second half limiting u.c to a think around 40 yds and maybe 1 or 2 first downs. After speed got the 65 yd touchdown he was held to roughly 50 yds total rushing offense the rest of the plays. I think the cramping up hurt him alot. If we can get Jake Johnson back at tailback I think we will show a much stronger running game with having a fresh tailback out there with Bowden #2. Johnson will also help us starting at linebacker even tho Chappell has done a really great job taking his place. Anyway good luck uc and we hope to see you later at your place in the playoffs.

It's good to see the McKenzie fans that have posted so far haven't blamed the officials..The only one so far is a Dresden fan...Who should've been watching Dresden score their first points of the year... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Like I said in my post,I would have been upset too about those non pass interference calls...They were obvious...(On that same drive though,#78 for UC got tackled by a O-Lineman on one of those keepers by the QB)...You always hear that officials don't want to possibly change the outcome of a game by throwing a flag but they can also do it by not throwing one....I think you hit it right...Our cornerback was beat and he knew it..The only way he could stop a TD was to grab ahold of the receiver..I imagine he fully expected to look up and there be a yellow hankie on the ground...I also think Atlas hit it right when he was talking about being a 1A game and us having inferior officials..This game warranted a really good crew...

Nobody has mentioned the gutsy performance the Bowden kid put on last night...And by the way I haven't seen so many casts on hands since I saw the original 'Longest Yard' movie....

Tough loss Butchie but sounds like you guys made a valiant effort in the comeback but fell a little short.....Maintain team composure and leadership and grow from this defeat....we are still pulling for yall here in S Pitts.

Lol, We're Making A Habit Of Getting Beat. Well You either Take It On the Chin Or Up The Tail. It's Painful Both Ways. But Thanks For Stopping By.

I guess to sum of the game, both Union City & McKenzie showed how capable they are of playing very good football both on offense and defense ( Both very good in the first half for Union city ).

McKenzie DIDN"T show me much in the first half but come the second half, a somehwta different team. McKenzie made adjustments at halftime where as Union City came out with the ball at the start of the second half and couldn't move the ball much at all.

If both teams played like Union city in the first half and McKenzie in the second half, we still would have had a very close game either way.

Union City ended up with enough points and breaks to win the game.

It is over and now we prepare for Obion County Central.

See Ya next time McKenzie fans.....might even be this year again.

Good luck to both at playing injury free football.

Good day!!

Good post. Not much need to complain about TSSAA officials and their calls this season or any recent season for that matter. They are NOT going to do a good job in MOST games!!!! One way or the other or both ways. I know the Rebels got hammered by the refs a couple of time by no calls or bad calls and I guess UC did too. Nowdays around here, that has to be "factored in" to the game plan unfortunately.

UC scored the first 21 pts. The Rebels scored the next 16 pts. Somewhere in the middle MAYBE the refs MIGHT have scored 7 pts.???????? (I HATE late flags after the fact on a TD run by any team!----that's always gonna stir up the natives!!!)

It was a hard fought ball game between two good teams and the deal is over now. The kind you hate to see a loser in. Maybe there really wasn't a loser last night. The Rebels now know some things they need to work on (penalties not being the least of them!) and I'm certain that UC found a weak spot or two last night that needs serious consideration.

Congrats to UC and good luck untill we meet again!!!

tha' duck

I wouldn't be so quick to make that statement. I'm telling yall, region 8A will have something to say about that this year.

Thanks man, good luck to ya'll as well from Rebel country!!!! If ya'll are any better this season than you were last, I pity anyone who gets in your way!!!!! Good luck ya'll!!

First of all congrats to UC on the win last night. I honestly didnt know who would come out on top of this one prior to the game, so didnt make any prediction. I knew Mckenzie was playing some solid defense and i knew UC was amking the new offense click. I was busy at the hospitol the past few days so i didnt get to make it to our game but listened to yalls on the radio and at times stepped outside the hospitol where i could here what was goin on from the parking lot.

I believe both of yall have some big non region games next week so good luck. It will be interesting to see how UC has improved their pass d with playing another Spread offensive team in Obion Central even though they r still struggling some this season.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the way, except when yall play SF.

Either way the region standings unfold, I would like to say Region 7 ALL THE WAY!