• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday scores from the West:

GIRLS SOCCER SUMMARIES

WHITE STATION 7, RIDGEWAY 0

White Station 3 4 ??” 7

Ridgeway 0 0 ??” 0

Goals ??” White Station, Karen Jaslow, Lucy Morrell (Jaslow), Sarah Lichterman (Jaslow), Lydia Fuson (Jaslow), Lichterman, Galen Levy, Levy (Casey Spillman) Keepers ??” White Station, Madalyn Riggins; Ridgeway, Julianna Harkavy. Records ??” Ridgeway 2-2, White Station 3-3.

BARTLETT 6, SOUTHWIND 0

Bartlett 4 2 ??” 6

Southwind 0 0 ??” 0

Goals ??” Bartlett, Emily Gianella (Breann Francis), Shelby Stallsmith (Victoria Parham), Francis (Stallsmith), Parham (Gianella), Treasa Ho, Laurie Gianella. Keepers ??” Bartlett, Ashlee Rogers, Erin Munn. Records ??” Bartlett 1-2-1.

CENTRAL 4, CRAIGMONT 2

Craigmont 1 1 ??” 2

Central 2 2 ??” 4

Goals ??” Craigmont, Beth Huey, Allison Montgomery; Central, Twee Le (Heather Martini), Le, Breigh Jones, Le (Jones). Keepers ??” Craigmont, Lenora RenteriCentral, Alex Butler. Records ??” Central 3-2-1.

ST. GEORGE??™S 3, LAUSANNE 1

Lausanne 0 1 ??” 1

St. George??™s 1 2 ??” 3

Goals ??” Lausanne, Denn (McDonald); St. George??™s, Kelsey Wilson (Whitney Kramer), Wilson (Adeline Brown), Carrie Schafer (Kelsey Cannon). Keepers ??” Lausanne, Olivia Lewis; St. George??™s, Amy Mirro. Records ??” Lausanne 4-2, St. George??™s 5-5.

BOLTON 1, MILLINGTON 0

Bolton 0 1 ??” 1

Millington 0 0 ??” 0

Goals ??” Bolton, Rivenbaugh. Keepers ??” Bolton, Wigginton; Millington, Molder. Records ??” Millington 6-2.

MITCHELL 3, WHITEHAVEN 1

Mitchell 1 2 ??” 3

Whitehaven 0 1 ??” 1

Goals ??” Mitchell, Rachel Williams, Sierra Hall, Demetrius Bradshaw; Whitehaven, Kanisha Halmon. Keepers ??” Mitchell, Shank Bedford. Records ??” Mitchell 6-1-1.

GERMANTOWN 0, ECS 0

ECS 0 0 ??” 0

Germantown 0 0 ??” 0

Keepers ??” Germantown, Molly Starnes. Records ??” Germantown 5-1-3.

What is a Soft Red?

Again, the red card on Riverdale and the soft red on Briarcrest are tongue in cheek comments that relate to the "Its not all about scoring" thread that was brought up to discuss some of the blowout scores.

As for the Riverdale score, it was 6-0 at half, and the nonstarters and JV played almost all of the 2nd half. I know some will disagree, but reigning in those girls who don't get to play as much and want to show Coach Arman what they can do if given the chance, is pretty tough to do.

Since most of these girls know each other, some are good friends, and played together in the summer, there was no taunting, no bad sportsmanship. Handshakes and hugs after the game not only with the players, but also in the stands between parents.

Sorry, missed the tounge in cheek comment. And yes I disagree, but just my opinion on his philosophy. If he wanted an opportunity to allow his "JV" players to show what they have, he would have a JV team that played JV games like most of the rest of the district. He evidently has enough "JV" and non starters to play a half.

For Briacrest, the JV season is pretty much halted due to injuries......not enough players for two teams for the rest of the season. There were JV games for most opponents originally on the schedule based on having 26 players at the begining of the season. At this time, there are only 20 to 22 girls able to play at any point in time.....can't play both a JV and a varsity game with those numbers. However, we are hoping for some miraculous recoveries...but the two ACL injuries will not have a chance to recover this season!

Sorry, missed the tounge in cheek comment. And yes I disagree, but just my opinion on his philosophy. If he wanted an opportunity to allow his "JV" players to show what they have, he would have a JV team that played JV games like most of the rest of the district. He evidently has enough "JV" and non starters to play a half.

I hear ya, Keeper and I don't disagree. Although tough to field a JV team with only 19 girls total on the roster. When he puts his subs in, he keeps the defensive starters in.

Will be interesting to see how many names make the paper on a blowout of this nature /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . At what point did he switch up the field? The soft red for taunting is inexcusable, much like the score, but it is the coach's philosophy. On the score I mean.

I didn't see this note earlier....there was no "taunting" on the field.....this, again, is playing on the high score comments made over the past several weeks over a different thread. After three goals were scored in the first six minutes of play, the only ones allowed to score were either JV players (for the next 50 minutes), or girls that typically play the defensive line (the last 15 minutes of the game). The big pull back occurred 10 minutes into the first half.

that's a tounge-in-cheek comment.............refer to the "its just not about scoring" thread

The only cards issued were to Oakland and Riverdale played their second team the entire second half. When your top scorers for the game our your subs you are not running up the score.

Riverdale has about 20 players and 5 our JV.

I didn't see this note earlier....there was no "taunting" on the field.....this, again, is playing on the high score comments made over the past several weeks over a different thread. After three goals were scored in the first six minutes of play, the only ones allowed to score were either JV players (for the next 50 minutes), or girls that typically play the defensive line (the last 15 minutes of the game). The big pull back occurred 10 minutes into the first half.

The players who we hope to read about in the paper our the subs who played outstanding against Oaklands varsity and jv. It was many of the girls first goals in high school and they should be proud of that