Rankings for Week of 9/15-9/21

mjuhb

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only cards issued were to Oakland and Riverdale played their second team the entire second half. When your top scorers for the game our your subs you are not running up the score.

Riverdale has about 20 players and 5 our JV.

This has been discussed at length on another thread. No matter what explanation you may offer, the final score speaks for itself. Those of you that do it(running up the score) will continue to defend it, and the teams that don't will continue to think its bad sportsmanship. I wonder how many of you who see nothing wrong with running up the score have ever played keeper or have a son or daughter who has???

This has been discussed at length on another thread. No matter what explanation you may offer, the final score speaks for itself. Those of you that do it(running up the score) will continue to defend it, and the teams that don't will continue to think its bad sportsmanship. I wonder how many of you who see nothing wrong with running up the score have ever played keeper or have a son or daughter who has???

So what your saying is the second team or jv players should not take shots on goal? That's real fair. I believe running up the score is wrong but if your second team is in they should be given the opportuntity to play with out restrictions. The leading scorers for Riverdale in this game were not starters.

I didn't see this note earlier....there was no "taunting" on the field.....this, again, is playing on the high score comments made over the past several weeks over a different thread. After three goals were scored in the first six minutes of play, the only ones allowed to score were either JV players (for the next 50 minutes), or girls that typically play the defensive line (the last 15 minutes of the game). The big pull back occurred 10 minutes into the first half.

According to this post, only JV players were allowed to score after the first three goals. IMO this gave the JV players their opportunity to score. Also, an opportunity to teach your JV players how to handle this type of game situation.

I agree with your summation as to where the two sided will end up on this. As to the second point you make, I live in a split household. My daugher, a keeper for more than 9 years now, sits on the other side of the fence. At times in her experience through inexperienced teams and guest play she saw some fairly lopsided scores. She got upset when these happened, but she was/is infuriated to the red card level when she knows they are not scoring on purpose. As she puts it, "You just have to look at it as an opportunity for more keeper training. During a normal 1 hr session with a coach, you have to try and fend off about a hundred shots on goal. And guess what, you don't keep all of those out either." But yes, as a parent, it's tough to remember that when it is happening to your offspring. Most keepers are tougher mentally than we give them credit for, and most coaches are very supportive of the keepers in these situations. Since this is not the thread for how much should you score, I won't post at length. I fall on the disrespect for the game side.

Also difficult since we seem to be discussing multiple games, none of which I saw.

Edited for spelling