Oakland vs Wilson Central

WCfan09

Oakland wins this one. I think that it would be a toss up if WC

had a deep "quality" bench. Kids can only give so much! It

would be nice to see WC stay in the running for the region, but

they will need to give their all to win this one.

Regardless, this game is going to be a toss up and WC will be in the running for the region, and I expect to see the Wildcats in the playoffs this season, they're that good.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland definitely won't need life support. They've already got 4 games under their belt about to be one more tomorrow. Even if we did lose we are still only 2 games away from a playoff berth. Oakland either way will be just fine. But it should be a good game tomorrow I'm looking forward to it. My final prediction. 20 Oakland Wilson Central 10. Oaklands D shouldn't give up more then ten points in this game and their offense should be able to put up a couple touchdowns but it will be a fairly close game!

I believe that this game is going to be a higher scoring game. Oakland's defensive has played impressively so far, however Coach Elrod and the Wildcats run a fast offense. Not just speed during the play, but speed between plays. Oakland will have their endurance tested.

Congratulations to Bill Spurlock announced as Oakland's new principal /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

http://dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/...NEWS07/80919020

...by the time my little brother and sister are in high school (zoned for Oakland) I might be a fully converted Patriot fan /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Congratulations to Bill Spurlock announced as Oakland's new principal /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

http://dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/...NEWS07/80919020

...by the time my little brother and sister are in high school (zoned for Oakland) I might be a fully converted Patriot fan /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Good man and it is well deserved and WAY overdue! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Nothing but a plus for the football program there also as he DOES know football! He does NOT put up with no 'stuff' either!

Congratulations Oakland, you have a VERY good man coming there.

Good man and it is well deserved and WAY overdue! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Nothing but a plus for the football program there also as he DOES know football! He does NOT put up with no 'stuff' either!

Congratulations Oakland, you have a VERY good man coming there.

I also think he is the perfect man for their situation. Like the paper said he is firm but fair.

I guess he starts Monday?

Very proud of the effort by the Patriots and a well played game by both sides. WC's reputation as a vaunted offense is def well deserved as they have athletes aplenty on that side of the ball, along with a QB that has very capable arm and can hurt you with his feet. Oakland held their rushing attack to less than 3 yards a carry, making WC work for alot of their 1st downs, and make no mistake, they got their fair share, but Oakland was always up to the task when they got in the redzone or inside Oakland's 35. Oakland dished out some MONSTER hits tonight, but give credit to WC, they never turn the ball over till late in the game, when it was desperation time. The throw made by Stewart right before half was a great job improvisation.

You have to love it in the 2nd half when Oakland pretty much made a conscious decision to just stick to the Wildcats on the ground, and to be honest, if they cant stop you, then why stop it. I think Oakland was able to wear down the Cats a little bit by the end of the game. The 2 runs by Schaller in the 2nd half were precursors for both td drives, especially the one that set up the first TD where Schaller was the one dishing the punishment, not the defense. WC bit hard on those fake tosses, one of which should have been a td, when you have a man that open in the end zone, Schaller needs to learn to loft in there to give the receiver a chance to run under it, not just fire it in there, but I digress. I hope Chanz Boys is all right after injuring his ankle in the 1st half, that took away some of our speed to the outside in the 2nd half, one of these days, he is going to score on that reverse.

Overall a great win for the Pats and gives us a while to take it easy before we get cranked up in region play again, next time against the champs...........