Grace Christian runs the score up on Oakdale

kingbrian3

Well as you all can tell i grew tired of this debate

But I had to chime in on this one that is absolutely not true the oakdale coaches walked away and encouraged thier players to as well. however the players took the field and shook hands with our palyers and coaches.

Hats off to the Oakdale players, in spite of what their coaches wanted them to do, then!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When we first started playing grace a wise old coach once said "beatem as bad as you can now because in a few short years no one in east TN. will be able to beatem and they will not hessitate to put 50 or more on everybody they can simply to show future possible recruits all over knoxville how good they are." This was said 4 years ago .........should we call him nostradamus , naaah just experienced and seen it happen before with CAK and other privates.

All private schools are is a bunch of the most talented, gifted athletes brought together by money. There is nothing to be proud of really unless you are playing other schools the same as you. They need to be mixing it up with Ezell and Boyd. Then they can see who recruited the best or whatever. Our schools are homegrown local boys who do the best with what we've got in our area. Its a bigger accomplishment to take a homegrown team and win a championship. I would rather send my kid to my home town public school than pay big money so he can show boat his skills. Cloudland and Cosby are names that have a face. There is no face with Grace Christian. They are put together like a robot with expensive parts. I know I couldn't wear a Ram jersey and have any pride. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I'd like to hear you say this whole message...wow, you didn't even take a breath did you....that is by far the longest sentence I have ever seen.

Well echo99 i did not know that we were looking for grammar mistakes. I thought we were discussing how gca ran the score up on oakdale but if you need a few commas, periods, and so on i will throw you a few in every now and then. i would like to know your thoughts on the subject now if you dont mind! take just a moment and actually discuss that if you would please.

Okay here is my last response/question to this whole deal. First off you dont know our staff so I wont even aknowledge what you just said here.

But i want someone to tell me what score would have made you all feel better? If it had been 61-60 you still would have lost. I just have a sneaking suspicion that when you get to the root of everything that the only way this conversation would not have happened is if Grace would have lost. I mean today it's about the score, tomorrow it'll be about some transfer from Clinton I think im starting to see why some of the folks at Grace feel like they do.

Diddler you still are not getting it. The game was well in hand in the third quarter and your coaching staff chose to leave starters in till late in the fourth quarter. Amos scored with like 8 or 9 minutes to go. after Amos Hester scored with like 6 minutes to go then at around 3 minutes to go. These two young men are starters along with the other starters that were in the game and did not need to be. If it had been second and third team players in then game no big deal. That is the point that is being made here. The score is not the issue, the issue is that the starters were still in the game so now do you get it.

It was obviously tough on the kids and coaches. I know my son didn't like the beatings but we got better and he got to enjoy the first and second playoffs in GCA history. He graduated in May of 2008 and even though he no longer puts on his pads anymore for Grace I will always be there to support the Rams through those tough years we had and now through the winning years we are enjoying.

You know, no one ever said a word about Grace when we were the ones getting beat by 40 or more in football and basketball. We start winning in both sports and all the crybabies come out to play the ole........"private vs. public, it just isn't fair"........... "Boo Hoo, they ran up the score on us" ................So like I said before, lets just either tear the scoreboards down or it may be easier if you would just simply build a bridge and get over it. Quit whining and lets just play football and may the best team win.

Ram Fan you were getting beat because the programs were new and very young. you were getting beat by teams who were playing every kid they had on the bench and not starters as was done the other night.

Diddler you still are not getting it. The game was well in hand in the third quarter and your coaching staff chose to leave starters in till late in the fourth quarter. Amos scored with like 8 or 9 minutes to go. after Amos Hester scored with like 6 minutes to go then at around 3 minutes to go. These two young men are starters along with the other starters that were in the game and did not need to be. If it had been second and third team players in then game no big deal. That is the point that is being made here. The score is not the issue, the issue is that the starters were still in the game so now do you get it.

Maybe I'm wrong but I always thought that team A's job is to stop team B and vice versa? Sometimes it doesn't happen so therefore you have a winning team. Sometimes these winnings teams win by just 1 and sometimes by 40 or more. Sometimes starters play a little and sometimes a whole lot and in this case it was starters playing the other starters until 6 minutes left in the game.

This has to be the most ridiculous thread I have ever seen and I still can't figure out why everyone is whining so much. Like I said before, were was all the talk 4-5 years ago when we were getting thumped by 40 or more? You didn't here any Grace fans on here whining, " they ran up the score", "they ran up the score"........we were just excited to actually have a team then. I never heard anyone from Grace say anything about Hampton, Cloudland, North Greene, Cosby, Coalfield, Midway, Ensworth, Mt. Juliet Christian. All of these teams have thumped us by at least 40 or more at one time and more for others. We took our licks, but now we are giving them. I'm gonna say it one more time, do we just take down the scoreboards and play upwards football, or should we line up and play and may the best team win? .............Case Closed!!!!!!

Maybe I'm wrong but I always thought that team A's job is to stop team B and vice versa? Sometimes it doesn't happen so therefore you have a winning team. Sometimes these winnings teams win by just 1 and sometimes by 40 or more. Sometimes starters play a little and sometimes a whole lot and in this case it was starters playing the other starters until 6 minutes left in the game.

This has to be the most ridiculous thread I have ever seen and I still can't figure out why everyone is whining so much. Like I said before, were was all the talk 4-5 years ago when we were getting thumped by 40 or more? You didn't here any Grace fans on here whining, " they ran up the score", "they ran up the score"........we were just excited to actually have a team then. I never heard anyone from Grace say anything about Hampton, Cloudland, North Greene, Cosby, Coalfield, Midway, Ensworth, Mt. Juliet Christian. All of these teams have thumped us by at least 40 or more at one time and more for others. We took our licks, but now we are giving them. I'm gonna say it one more time, do we just take down the scoreboards and play upwards football, or should we line up and play and may the best team win? .............Case Closed!!!!!!

Case reopened, you still don't get it, these teams that were beating you by 40 did it in the first half or even quarter in some instances. They played the young guys in the second half. I think you might be sharp enough to figure out what people are telling you. You just don't want to reply to it. On another note, I did see you're head coach whine about the Midway game last season. He said ,for some reason they thought it nessessary to score another TD. The playoffs are a little different animal.

Grace ram fan and diddler what your school did do oakdale is as classless and bush league as it comes you had a team down by 30 somethings points in the fourth quarter and kept the starters in the game to score two more times against a team that you know does not have numbers and has not had a winniing season in years and your coaches chose to score 61 points on them if your third team kids been in which at this point in the game they should have been then o k but that wasent the case so like the old saying goes what goes around comes around and i would be embarrased to say i was part of your program and dont try to say younger kids were in because i looked at the gca web site and i know for a fact the younger kids were not in so dont even try and go there . you even kicked a on side kick after having them down to get the ball back that is real class but when playoffs come you will get yours and i hope that people keep letting you guys know how they feel about what your program did way to go Grace real class act

so if we would let everyone score more points on us to keep the score inline that would make everyone happy and they would leave us alone. Yea right!!! Everyone forgets we to are a 1A team and dont go real deep just like everyone else in 1A