Riverdale vs Siegel

BlueRaiderfan

I will say it again, I am glad Oakland is winning and have a coaching staff making a difference. They can only play the schedule they have,just a fact. I do think the region is down a little. Hear is a saying I heard a long time ago: I have seen good coaches win with talent,I have seen bad coaches win with talent, I have never seen a good coach win with no talent. When talent is even coaching can be the difference.

I agree to a point, but in a sport as popular as football, especially in the south, hardly such a thing as a team with no talent.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont equate talent with success, because not always do they come hand in hand. Oakland has good talent but no better than anyone else in the district, but the coaches have taken a system that is tried and true and have implemented it into Oakland's program and it has had amazing results up to this point. The boys are finally learning how to win, under the current regime, it was almost a rite of passage for Oakland to lose close games like these whether it be a fumble, dump penalty, bad play, etc. I can accept that Oakland may not be very good, but dont use a cop out such as the schedule, when everyone knows that in the past decade or so, this has been one of the best regions in the state.

l

Exactly, you just said exactly what I have been talking about...you have a winning system. Where do you think your current regime learned this system?? Don't think too hard. I love Coach Mac and the gang and I am excited for Oakland. It is your turn. You know there has always been a rivalry with Oakland. I also know the Thomas family very well. Yes, Dave Sr., Dave Jr., and Scott want to all coach together one day. Dave will have to start passing his classes so he can get a degree. The Thomas boys are only a small amount of the great talent that Riverdale has seen in its day.

Siegel you earned the right to brag, it has been a long time coming. Congrats!

The boys read Coach T but they also know it is just opinions and speculation. They know they are good but it is hard to be good on a losing team with a losing coach.

I find it interesting that Smyrna did not start to win until Coach Wyant came on board. Remember who makes the game plan. This coach definitely needs to be head coaching somewhere.

RIVERDALE TRAINED COACHES UNDER RANKIN are doing great out there on other teams. Especially the traitor Dave Thomas who could not pass an art class this past summer at Motlow and can't get into Austin Peay with his brother Scott. He currently is helping Mac coach Oakland. What a guy that Dave Thomas is.

You don't know much about Smyrna football obviously, Wyant was only our special teams coach for 1 year...last year. We won our 1st Title when Coach Beasley was our strength & speed coach. Wyant came when he went to Riverdale last year, but he even saw the writing on the wall & left to rejoin Coach Shadowens at MTCS. They only won 2 games last year and so far this year 3-1, he is the best strength coach in Rutherford Co. along with Coach White. I should know I played at Smyrna in '06 & have friends who trained under White.

l

Exactly, you just said exactly what I have been talking about...you have a winning system. Where do you think your current regime learned this system?? Don't think too hard. I love Coach Mac and the gang and I am excited for Oakland. It is your turn. You know there has always been a rivalry with Oakland. I also know the Thomas family very well. Yes, Dave Sr., Dave Jr., and Scott want to all coach together one day. Dave will have to start passing his classes so he can get a degree. The Thomas boys are only a small amount of the great talent that Riverdale has seen in its day.

Yes the playcalling came from Riverdale, but all the little things off the field can be learned under any good mentor or parent. Its not play for play the same as Riverdale, Oakland does some thing differently, and its not something revolutionary, more or less old school at its best. Sometimes you have to go your own way and fail, before getting everything straightened out, god knows thats the case with me.

I hope you go 10 and 0 and deep in the playoffs, Best wishes.

Thank you very much. Although ill take the deep run into the playoffs over 10-0.

It is very sad to know that when teams are losing they always blame the coaches and want to rid the coaches people there are players out their that get on that field every friday night weather they are in the right positions or not they are taught to play that position all spring and sumer long and it is the players that play 4 quarter of a football game not the coaches. I do agree it takes coaching to win but it also takes players doing what the coaches tell them to do to win weather you win or lose them kids and I mean all the kids in rutherford county go out there to play a game and hopeful they do their very best and some times talent is a factor and some times coaching is a factor and alot of times it is both but utimatly it comes down to if the players go out there and want to win and have the heart to win that ballgame on friday night!!! in 4-5a it comes down to heart and who wants that game the most it is a sad time when people start dogin the coaches for all mistakes that is made on the field and blame it all on coaching most of the kids in rutherford county have been taught as youth to play football why blame everything on these high school coaches I dont my son and he makes mistakes alot and some big and some not so big but he is not mistake free. and it is not all coaching faults he has been taught since he was 5.

Ever notice how a coach is good when he has talent better than the other team. Rankin would do no better. Never know,he left for better talent. Notice that Hillsboro in Nashville is still winning. Smyrna is not as good, Wilson Central is not as good,Oakland is better, Lavergne is down, so is Lebanon, Gallatin is undefeated, last year only won four games. What is the common factor in all these? Answer: Players.

Yes, Hillsboro is winning but they are NOT running the 'WING T' anymore also!

Add to this the fact that this is the first year there is NO Rankin trained players on the varsity team. And it shows! Every player on R'dales team is solely the product of Coach A. The kids HAVE the talent and the ability. They just need someone who will motivate them to go to the next level again.

When my son played at R'dale football was a 24/7 thing 365 days a year. Even during the dead period the kids who wanted to play KNEW what they should be doing. It was NOT sitting on their tails and playing Ninetendo either.

And yes if they messed up they were punished for it as a TEAM. They ALL had to run until they did NOT make mistakes. That is why they were a machine when they came on the field! Was a pretty successful one to!

Now tell me the year ANY 5A teams from Metro Nashville made it to the big dance?

Add to this the fact that this is the first year there is NO Rankin trained players on the varsity team. And it shows! Every player on R'dales team is solely the product of Coach A. The kids HAVE the talent and the ability. They just need someone who will motivate them to go to the next level again.

When my son played at R'dale football was a 24/7 thing 365 days a year. Even during the dead period the kids who wanted to play KNEW what they should be doing. It was NOT sitting on their tails and playing Ninetendo either.

And yes if they messed up they were punished for it as a TEAM. They ALL had to run until they did NOT make mistakes. That is why they were a machine when they came on the field! Was a pretty successful one to!

Now tell me the year ANY 5A teams from Metro Nashville made it to the big dance?

It is still players.Rankin left because he could not win.Look at what you said, players need someone to motivate them and then you said during the dead period the kids who WANTED to play knew what they should be doing. And what has metro got to do with anything. Sounds like Riverdale is a metro school.

Talent is still being found on R'dales end of the county, there is just not the drive to win anymore. The intimidation factor we used to have is gone. It used to be the fact that wave after wave of R'dale players coming onto the field for warmups was good for 14 points right off the bat. Now it is not there. What we have now is 'Metro Ball'!

Siegel has always had the talent to win and that is why I rode them hard on here. They have played good this year for the first half of the season, now we will just have to see if they can finish it the way they started.

Now last night I was one of the first to get on here and Congratulate them for winning as I meant it. Now folks want me to eat crow, so I guess I will do it as long as it tastes like Quail and is served in a nice burgundy sauce.

Now who is calling the offense at Siegel now? I ask as it was mainly SIEGEL folks calling for Watson's removal and getting on him hard on here for the predictability of his play calling. Y'all remember that?

I will agree hiring Coach Wyant was probably the BEST thing Coach Watson has done as Coach Wyant still remembers discipline and hard work and it is showing.

Again, Congratulations Siegel, it was your night last night.

LOD ....not to beat a dead horse, but you are right in your assessment of "Metro Ball."

BINGO!

It is still players.Rankin left because he could not win.Look at what you said, players need someone to motivate them and then you said during the dead period the kids who WANTED to play knew what they should be doing. And what has metro got to do with anything. Sounds like Riverdale is a metro school.

Coach Rankin left because he wanted to leave. If he was still at Riverdale im sure Riverdale would still be winning the majority of their football games. People do move onto other things just for change. Coach Rankin has also won games wherever he has coached at period so I dont know where you are getting this crap that he left Riverdale because he could not win ball games because that is total BS! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />