It's Football Time In The South

Guest longhorns51

I live in south Florida, which is part of the north. Most of the northerners are moving to east Tennessee. Good luck with them up there. I've tried to steer them away from the Nashville area, as I still dream of getting back up there.

As to the post itself, dead on! I explain to northerners down here that I played in front of 8,000 people in a freshman game, and they're incredulous. With the exception of St. Thomas and the schools from the black community, attenedances in Miami-Dade and Broward are pathetic. It's a shame too, since there are some really great athletes out there.

Wow ur dumb. Florida... part of the north??

Ignorance at its finest.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in south Florida, which is part of the north. Most of the northerners are moving to east Tennessee. Good luck with them up there. I've tried to steer them away from the Nashville area, as I still dream of getting back up there.

As to the post itself, dead on! I explain to northerners down here that I played in front of 8,000 people in a freshman game, and they're incredulous. With the exception of St. Thomas and the schools from the black community, attenedances in Miami-Dade and Broward are pathetic. It's a shame too, since there are some really great athletes out there.

Are u sure, im pretty sure at Miami Northwestern and Booker T. Washington they sell games out like CRAZY. Florida is king of football in the south tho'. And on that thing about the north and south, im 100 percent positve that its isnt that bad in the North, especially since they have Pennslyvania, which produces more prospects then TN,SC, and i belive after I did some research on the past 3 classes even GA and AL.

You're tellin me! You can't a tell a thing on these message boards

I KNOW thats how people get fired about at each other on these boards you can barely EVER sense wether their sarcastic or not, so u just take the comments seriously. But, I guess the post icons help a little bit in sensing wat is wat.

they still upset we won the war and we make money

Only YOU yankees keep bringing up a war that was waged 120 years ago, The South has moved on. The northern employeres may pay more, but you still had to move to The South to have a job. My point being if the north is so great, then move back. As for us Southerners we'll stay down here in paradise, cuss ignorant yankees, and enjoy our lives...

You know, General George Custer had this to say about the Civil War:

"The North is pretty cool and the South is pretty cool. Heck, even the West and Midwest is pretty cool. Everything is pretty cool and I love America!!"

wtf..lol yeah bet he changed his mind after he went west and the natives got him lol btw im part native american no racial slurr there

I read this article in The Johnson City News and Neighbor by Bill Derby. I played football in the South and the North and alot of these are true. Just thought everyone would like to read this.

Womens Accessories:

North: Chap stick in back pocket and a $20 bill in the front pocket.

South: Louis Vuitton duffel with two lipsticks, water-proof mascara, and a fifth of beverage. Money not necessary, that's what dates are for.

Stadium Size:

North: College football stadiums hold 20,000 people.

South: High school football stadiums hold 20,000 people.

Fathers:

North: Expect their daughters to understand Sylvia Plath.

South: Expect their daughters to understand pass interference.

Campus Decor:

North: Statues of founding fathers.

South: Statues of Heisman trophy winners.

Homecoming Queen:

North: Also a physics major.

South: Also Miss America.

Heroes:

North: Rudy Giuliani.

South: Archie and Peyton Manning.

Getting Tickets:

North: 5 days before the game you walk into the ticket office on campus.

South: 5 months before the game you walk into the ticket office on campus, make a large financial contribution and put name on a waiting list for tickets.

Friday Classes After a Thursday Night Game:

North: Students and teachers not sure if they're going to the game, because they have classes on friday.

South: Teachers cancel friday classes because they don't want to see late nightparty students that might actually make it to class.

Parking:

North: An hour before game time, the University opens the campus for game parking.

South: RVs sporting their school flags begin arriving on Wednesday for the weekend festivities. The really faithful arrive on Tuesday.

Game Day:

North: A few students party in the dorm and watch ESPN on TV.

South: Every student wakes up, has a beverage for breakfast, and rushes over to where ESPN is broadcasting 'Gameday Live' to get on camera and waive to the people up north who wonder why 'Game Day Live' is never broadcast from their campus.

Tailgating:

North: Ram meat on a grill, beer with lime in it, listening to local radio station with truck tailgate down.

South: 30-foot custom pig-shaped smoker fires up at dawn. Cooking accompanied by live performance from the Dave Mathews Band,... who come over during breaks and ask for a drink from a football beverage.

Getting to the Stadium:

North: You ask 'Where's the stadium?' When you find it, you walk right in.

South: When you're near it, you'll hear it. On game day it is the state's third largest city.

Concessions:

North: Drinks served in a paper cup, filled to the top with soda.

South: Drinks served in a plastic cup: with the home teams mascot on it, filled less than half way with soda, to ensure enough room for a football beverage.

When National Anthem is Played:

North: Stands are less than half full, and less than half of them stand up.

South: 100,00 fans, all standing, sing along in perfect four-part harmony.

The Smell in the Air After the First Score:

North: Nothing Changes.

South: Fireworks,Gunpowder (from the cannon in the end zone).

Commentary (Male):

North: 'Nice play'

South: 'Dangit, you slow #!*")##- tackel him and break his legs.'

Commentary (Female):

North: 'My, this certainly is a violent sport'.

South: 'Dangit, you slow #!*)##- tackel him and break his legs.'

Announcers:

North: Neutral and paid.

South: Announcer harmonizes with the crowd in the fight song, with a tear in his eye because he is so proud of his team.

After the Game:

North: The stadium is empty way before the game ends.

South:Another @@@@ of ribs go on the smoker, while somebody goes to the nearest package store for more beverage, and planning begins for next week's game.

Nothing else in the universe comes even halfway close to the glories of Southern football.

I'm guessing this guy has never been to Ann Arbor, Columbus, Happy Valley, or South Bend on gameday. Im sorry, but I've been to games at Knoxville, Tuscaloosa, and Gainesville. And the experience was nowheres as great as games at the Big House.

And I personally love knowing that UT fans STILL hold a grudge about the '97 Heisman. I don't know if there was ever a player who did more for his team in every aspect of the game than Charles Woodson. Shutdown corner, explosive returner, and served as a key playmaker on offense at times. I dont know If we'll ever see a player like him again.