South Pitt vs Tyner

OLD PIRATE

Man, I missed this one. I thought it would be my ram train pulling it out in the end. Good game though and Congrats to the Pirates. I hope you continue your win streak and win state again. I hope that whom ever is responsible for scheduling will continue this series. I think it has been good for highschool football here in the city as well as over there in the valley. Now lets get the train back on the tracks and beat the Indians. Nothing but peace and love from JackieMoon.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the game was closer than I thought. It began as I thought, then a few turnovers and Tyner's defense stepped it up. SP never could get a solid running game, which hurt at times. Seemed like every time SP would get a good run, the refs would call holding away from the play. I tell you though, at the end of the game, whoever the clock operator was must have been a Tyner coach. Every play we did anywhere between 10-15 seconds ran off the clock, and even after the whistle 1- 2 seconds continued to run. When SP kicked off to Tyner there was like 16 seconds on clock. Tyner's man ran about 30 yards to like the 50. After the whistle I looked at the clock AND IT SAID 14 SECONDS.... ONLY 2 SECONDS RAN OFF THE CLOCK!!!!!! Talk about home field advantage!! But anyways, SP still came out with the win. Congrats to the Tyner Rams for a very hard fought game in the trenches, but you gotta be able to stop the pass when it comes to the playoffs. I believe T. Robinson (QB for SP) ended up with about 240 yards passing with 4 TD's - 1 int. Game game Terrell.

BTW, the fish sandwiches are everything they are made out to be!!!

It was a impressive performance for SP. It looked early in the game like it was going to be one sided but a couple of turnovers changed the momentum. It was good seeing SP having to dig in to find a way to get it done. Goodjob by both teams. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This game should go down as an instant classic. Many young lads stepped up and achieved Legend Status last night. I was wanting to leave and go to Red Bank to watch some of that one, but this one was just too good to leave. The young lad that caught the game winning TD achieved instant Legend Status making that grab. Those types of plays are what elevates a young lad to a Living Legend. I have to give credit to SP's Living Legend coach that walks the sidelines. He got the young lads to respond again in a clutch situation. What happened on the opening kickoff of the 2nd half? I was in line getting my 2nd fish sandwich of the night and I looked up and they were on SP's side of the field. Did SP attempt an onside kick or did the young lads from Tyner make a good return? BTW, the fish sandwiches were so good again last night that I treated myself to one before the game, one at halftime and another one as the fourth quarter was starting. Congratulations to all of the young lads on these respective clubs for giving everyone a great atmosphere and festive environment last night.

This game should go down as an instant classic. Many young lads stepped up and achieved Legend Status last night. I was wanting to leave and go to Red Bank to watch some of that one, but this one was just too good to leave. The young lad that caught the game winning TD achieved instant Legend Status making that grab. Those types of plays are what elevates a young lad to a Living Legend. I have to give credit to SP's Living Legend coach that walks the sidelines. He got the young lads to respond again in a clutch situation. What happened on the opening kickoff of the 2nd half? I was in line getting my 2nd fish sandwich of the night and I looked up and they were on SP's side of the field. Did SP attempt an onside kick or did the young lads from Tyner make a good return? BTW, the fish sandwiches were so good again last night that I treated myself to one before the game, one at halftime and another one as the fourth quarter was starting. Congratulations to all of the young lads on these respective clubs for giving everyone a great atmosphere and festive environment last night.

The first attempt was a regular kick but SP was offsides. The second attempt was hit off the side of the foot or something and went about 5 yards.

Well....... Let's see the "J" word! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Old Pirate says "yep" them "J"asper boys got their 1st mercy rule last night.

The Rams played tough and showed why they are a highly respected program. OP knda thought SP would pass to the TE while ineligible like Jasper did last week. The refs of today obviously don't know the rules of who is eligible and who's not. SP's OL has along way to go if this Pirate teams expects to be compared to the 07 squad whether they win or not. The Pirates won't see any team better than Tyner at the DL position.

OP bets ole PG is a Tenn fan and is sitting on the pot tonight thinking about days gone by. The Vols 1-3 and it's going to get worse. PG better throw them rose colored glasses away........... them vols are terrible offensively. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

What a great game last night! This one definitely lived up to my expectations...just less scoring than what I expected. Both defenses played well. I definitely think SP will benefit from this game knowing that they can win a close one. I really feel like we will not face another team with the talent and speed of Tyner. Both teams made mistakes, but all in all it was a great high school football game. Good luck to Tyner the rest of the year! As someone else mentioned, I hope we can keep this game on the schedule next year.

Go Pirates!!!

Well, the game was closer than I thought. It began as I thought, then a few turnovers and Tyner's defense stepped it up. SP never could get a solid running game, which hurt at times. Seemed like every time SP would get a good run, the refs would call holding away from the play. I tell you though, at the end of the game, whoever the clock operator was must have been a Tyner coach. Every play we did anywhere between 10-15 seconds ran off the clock, and even after the whistle 1- 2 seconds continued to run. When SP kicked off to Tyner there was like 16 seconds on clock. Tyner's man ran about 30 yards to like the 50. After the whistle I looked at the clock AND IT SAID 14 SECONDS.... ONLY 2 SECONDS RAN OFF THE CLOCK!!!!!! Talk about home field advantage!! But anyways, SP still came out with the win. Congrats to the Tyner Rams for a very hard fought game in the trenches, but you gotta be able to stop the pass when it comes to the playoffs. I believe T. Robinson (QB for SP) ended up with about 240 yards passing with 4 TD's - 1 int. Game game Terrell.

BTW, the fish sandwiches are everything they are made out to be!!!

Yeah the clock operator was very bad. I have it recorded and you were right on the last kickoff. The Tyner guy ran at least 6 seconds off the clock. Also on Tyners 4th and 2 at the next to last poseesion when they finally scored,the ref should have brought out the chain. You can tell we were in a hostile enviroment. They tried to make several people including myself try to pay double for parking,it idn't and wasn't going to happen. good atmosphere but a terrible place to watch a game especially in front of the light pole and kids coming up and down all night. no aisle's what so ever. We at SP,Jasper,and whitwell at least have a nice visitor side so people can enjoy the game without getting up and down all night and another thing on my bad list,why in the world were those girls over there trying to get people during the game to sign up to vote in the election? Not the place!!!Just glad we won and for the crazy guy that said we got lucky,try these stat's on for size. Tyner 59 plays-235 total yards. SP 50 total plays 328 total yards with 1td called back for a hold away from the play..