Marion County vs Tyner

CoachT

I also thought Tyner would win, but Marion was able to get the upset. Hey Truth, do you think the warriors can make a serious 2A championship run now with the new confidence the team seems to have gotten? Oh yea thanks for beating Tyner and making them mad the week before SP plays them. LOL

I really don't feel the coaches or the players feel this was an upset. They went out and executed their game plan and played to their potential on both sides of the ball. I feel the coaching staff new they would have to open up the offensive game plan to be able to run against the Tyner defense and that is what they went out and done. Five different receivers caught passes and at least three different backs had good runs. The defense played off the inspired play from the offensive success. Grant it, we made mistakes but we continued to play hard to overcome them. Great job Warriors! Use this game to build on, one win at a time.

Go Warriors!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also thought Tyner would win, but Marion was able to get the upset. Hey Truth, do you think the warriors can make a serious 2A championship run now with the new confidence the team seems to have gotten? Oh yea thanks for beating Tyner and making them mad the week before SP plays them. LOL

Your welcome Ambassador. As a pirate fan told me yesterday,"If Marion can beat them, we shouldnt have a problem." Straight from his mouth to me. I hope that all pirate faithful is not thinking this way, but oh well good luck to you all..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I really don't feel the coaches or the players feel this was an upset. They went out and executed their game plan and played to their potential on both sides of the ball. I feel the coaching staff new they would have to open up the offensive game plan to be able to run against the Tyner defense and that is what they went out and done. Five different receivers caught passes and at least three different backs had good runs. The defense played off the inspired play from the offensive success. Grant it, we made mistakes but we continued to play hard to overcome them. Great job Warriors! Use this game to build on, one win at a time.

Go Warriors!

Come on RoadWarrior, this was a HUGE UPSET!!!! Who would have thought Jasper would have beat Tyner? Deep down, I bet Thursday afternoon, even the RoadWarrior was hoping for the UPSET. Do you think this huge win can put the Warriors in contention to make a run for the 2A state title now?

Come on RoadWarrior, this was a HUGE UPSET!!!! Who would have thought Jasper would have beat Tyner? Deep down, I bet Thursday afternoon, even the RoadWarrior was hoping for the UPSET. Do you think this huge win can put the Warriors in contention to make a run for the 2A state title now?

I have always believed in these young men! As for winning another state championship, It??™s not even on my mind right now. We have to continue to improve and play one game at a time. Whitwell is the next.

Go Warriors!

Coming from where the Warrior team has been the past several years, winning a State Championship is not how we will determine success right now. Like RoadWarrior said, we take them one game at a time and build upon each game.... Whitwell is next.... We continue to practice and improve those areas where mistakes are made.... I'm proud of the Pirates and what they potentially have in store for them this season. I know many of the players and they have worked hard to be where they are.... As for our Warriors... these boys have worked hard as well... and they continue to work hard. This Senior class is playing for their 3rd head coach in their high school career... To be playing at the level they are... with the number of kids standing on the sideline that we have... is a testament to the will, determination and heart of this Marion team.... The fact that there is so much excitement about Marion football again is a direct result of having the right coaching staff in place with the right leader so that these kids can once again believe in themselves....

Coming from where the Warrior team has been the past several years, winning a State Championship is not how we will determine success right now. Like RoadWarrior said, we take them one game at a time and build upon each game.... Whitwell is next.... We continue to practice and improve those areas where mistakes are made.... I'm proud of the Pirates and what they potentially have in store for them this season. I know many of the players and they have worked hard to be where they are.... As for our Warriors... these boys have worked hard as well... and they continue to work hard. This Senior class is playing for their 3rd head coach in their high school career... To be playing at the level they are... with the number of kids standing on the sideline that we have... is a testament to the will, determination and heart of this Marion team.... The fact that there is so much excitement about Marion football again is a direct result of having the right coaching staff in place with the right leader so that these kids can once again believe in themselves....

Old Pirate agrees every player, coach,assistant coach and team have to believe in themselves. It is a great feeling to see the Jasper folks with a spring in their step and chest poked out. OP says again Great job. It was fun game to watch with plays that will be talked about for years.......................................

OP says the kids have worked hard at Jasper, OP and everyone from SP knows Coach Boeck will.....make you work.

Don't forget the "HAWGS" - 45, 44, 52 , 54, 77, 64, 74, 60 - Great job men!! Keep pushin' the sled and workin' hard!!

"A day without the sled is a day without sunshine!!"

I appreciate that comment from you Bill. All those boys work hard and the coaches did a great job, but it is good to see someone recognize the force behind some of those plays. The players mentioned earlier showed up for this game and did the Purple proud. Congratulations to all players and coaching staff.

TTP,

I don't think Zonie has to eat any crow for the Jasper/Tyner game. You might could share some, I am sure there is plenty of crow left over from Week 1. Zonie is probably busy getting the SP Academy Pirates ready to lay the smack down this week on JMS.

Are you completely clueless or do you just get dumber by the post? TTP as noted by several Marion fans never said that Marion would win week one. So quit trying to take up for Zone and get ready for Tyner... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />