greatest teams in tennessee history

Guest EdHarley

Guest EdHarley

What are some of the greatest teams in Tennessee history in 1-a, 2-a, and 3-a, or in all classes combined? Here is some food for thought: Science Hill from 1990-1995, Memphis Centeral 1982-83, Perry County 1997, BGA 1993-1994. Please make this State Champions only because if you didn't at least win the state to me you can't be considered great!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by EdHarley:

What are some of the greatest teams in Tennessee history in 1-a, 2-a, and 3-a, or in all classes combined? Here is some food for thought: Science Hill from 1990-1995, Memphis Centeral 1982-83, Perry County 1997, BGA 1993-1994. Please make this State Champions only because if you didn't at least win the state to me you can't be considered great!

I have to go with the 1974 Melrose team that went 33-0. STILL the only team ever to run the table for an entire season...that's almost impossible to do in Memphis, as evidenced by the fact that it hasn't happened in almost 30 years.

This is Memphis Overton not Nashville Overton and they are the wolverines...They used to be the rebels...actually you can go to Central High School's gym and they have some wooden paintings depicting the mascots of the other teams in the district, it has like Hamilton, or Ridgeway for example...an then it says Memphis Overton Rebels and has two rebel flags as its mascot.

http://tssaa.org/schdir/Schdir_Detail.cfm?ID=266

that shows the bobcats are nashville overton

http://tssaa.org/schdir/Schdir_Detail.cfm?ID=391

that shows that the memphis team is the wolverines, they also changed their colors, I presume when they changed their name, the old colors were a dark blue, red, and white.