Rhea County and McMinn

supereagle

Come on guys where is your confidence?? Sure McMinn may be a little more talented. Sure we haven't beaten them in years. But we've got Jason Fitzgerald and Walt Cameron! Hope springs eternal.

In all seriousness, my mind thinks we could lose in a close one but my heart tells me otherwise. This is a pivotal game. In my view, if we win this game tonight then we are a legitimate contender for this region and to run the tables. It's all about momentum and confidence guys. Go Eagles!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys where is your confidence?? Sure McMinn may be a little more talented. Sure we haven't beaten them in years. But we've got Jason Fitzgerald and Walt Cameron! Hope springs eternal.

In all seriousness, my mind thinks we could lose in a close one but my heart tells me otherwise. This is a pivotal game. In my view, if we win this game tonight then we are a legitimate contender for this region and to run the tables. It's all about momentum and confidence guys. Go Eagles!

This game is not pivotal at all,we are legit,we are 2-0 in the region.This game is about pride and pride only.If we lose tonight the only thing it is going to hurt is our pride not contending in the region.Every game after this counts.

Momentum helps but 1 loss I don't think would hurt this team at all.The only thing a loss will do is have some of the fans doubting the coaches once again and that is a shame.Running the table is hard on any level I would love to see it but I would also rather have a loss now instead of down the road when it really counts.

It's not about talent,It's about heart and this team has shown me that they have a little of both more heart than talent though. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This game is not pivotal at all,we are legit,we are 2-0 in the region.This game is about pride and pride only.If we lose tonight the only thing it is going to hurt is our pride not contending in the region.Every game after this counts.

Momentum helps but 1 loss I don't think would hurt this team at all.The only thing a loss will do is have some of the fans doubting the coaches once again and that is a shame.Running the table is hard on any level I would love to see it but I would also rather have a loss now instead of down the road when it really counts.

It's not about talent,It's about heart and this team has shown me that they have a little of both more heart than talent though. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

In case you haven't noticed we beat the easy teams just about every year. I don't follow your logic. And to correct you it wouldn't be "doubting the coaches AGAIN". As far as I know none of us ever stopped. They called on good game.

If we were to go out on that field tonight and not be competitive against McMinn, how are we supposed to have confidence when we play Cleveland? Who beat them 21-0? Every game matters. Yeah it ay be just for "Pride" but if you haven't noticed that is what this program is severely lacking. It's not the intimidating powerhouse it used to be. Apparently we can regain that by only winning our region games. No. This is a statement game against the best team we've faced thus far. It is important. Very important.

In case you haven't noticed we beat the easy teams just about every year. I don't follow your logic. And to correct you it wouldn't be "doubting the coaches AGAIN". As far as I know none of us ever stopped. They called on good game.

If we were to go out on that field tonight and not be competitive against McMinn, how are we supposed to have confidence when we play Cleveland? Who beat them 21-0? Every game matters. Yeah it ay be just for "Pride" but if you haven't noticed that is what this program is severely lacking. It's not the intimidating powerhouse it used to be. Apparently we can regain that by only winning our region games. No. This is a statement game against the best team we've faced thus far. It is important. Very important.

Ok we beat easy teams and so that's part of football.I dont expect you to follow my logic because we are individuals.

How can you correct me on when I dont believe you speak for all Rhea County Fans like I said in my post (some )not all.(read read read)Seems to me the coaches have called 4 good games we are 4-0.I think you just have a personal problem with the staff.What makes you think this team will not compete,do you think they are scared of McMinn because Cleveland beat them 21-0? As far as Cleveland and the McMinn game that was played some other week

and this week is Rhea County and McMinn. I definitely have not noticed a lack of pride in this years team that's what I don't get, it is about now it's not about yesterday, last week or 20 years ago so why is it that a high percentile of fans like yourself harp on yesteryear. Remember in football anyone can be beat on any given day if you have ever played you would understand that now that is logic any ex-player would follow.I've played in the GREEN AND GOLD(87-90) what about you? One game at a time that is football!!!!!!

Hold your heads up EAGLES,I still believe in you.................

England is the MVP of the Defense hands down wish everyone would play with that kid's intensity.The big man looks better every week if he was as tall as Revis or Walker the sky would be the limit.Price is also a player this little man plays bigger than what he is and he brings it too

Linebackers and DB's need to learn how to hit ,wrap,and drive the ball carrier. I seen too many times

when they would be on their heels instead of on their toes

Tallent had his worse game and let's be glad he has got it out of his system in a game that doesn't mean a hill of beans as far as reaching the ultimate goal.

Rice and Moffet ran the ball pretty good but I wish they would give it to Rice a little more he is a slippery little guy inside the tackles.

AJ is the man what can't this kid do.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

Well where to being? After filming the game and then watching it for an hour and half afterwards. Some players are going to be called out monday during film, mainly in the linebacking corp. It's not offen when the offense throws up 400 some odd yards of offense and lose. Grant it everynow and then some players are going to have a big game and others are going to have a bad game. Well a few defensive players had a bad night and that is just the way the game goes sometimes. The first lose always hurts and tonight was no exception. The thing is though to come back out monday put this game out of everyone's mind and move on and prepare for Walker Valley. McMinn probably may have the best skilled players I have seen this year. If they would have played like tonight against Cleveland, Cleveland would be sitting with 2 loses. The last two things I got to say about the game is the receivers dropped too many passes and everyone there may bave seen the best two kickers in the state. Both Davis and the kicker from McMinn were booming kicks all night.

Region 4-4A got punched in the mouth tonight (0-6), but it really dosn't matter because all of those loses didn't effect the region race. The part of the season that really counts starts now. Because what happens from here on out will determine whether you sit at home the first week of November or you play.

I'm happy to see one of my favorites Dylan Henschen turn it on tonight. Him and Joey played very well. I'm not sure what happened but Henschen hurt his back pretty bad during the game. He was playing in some serious pain most of the game. Moffett ran the ball really well ringing up 134 yards on 13 carries. Rice again stepping up and having a big game running and blocking. Last but not least A.J. Brown one passing TD, one receiving TD, and a 99 yard kick off return for a TD. You can't get better production out of one player than that.

Now before I get started, I want to congratulate Walt Cameron. He has really pulled out the stops this year on offense and I think he called a solid game last night. I know he gets ragged a lot by people in the community over certain issues, but, in my opinion, he's having a great year. He's put the players in a position to win, and that's all anyone can ask for. If I had a chance to remake my account it may be Walts2ndBiggestFan.

Well let me start off by saying something we all can agree on (Hopefully). THOSE REFS WERE TERRIBLE. They are in the top five or so worst officiating crews that I have had the pleasure of watching over the years. Someone needs to report them, or however that process works.

Now for the good stuff.

I think you just have a personal problem with the staff.

Yes sir, I do. I have a personal problem with those boys out there busting their balls day in and day out only to let their success be undermined by the coaching staff. I have a problem with not being able to make the in game adjustments needed to win the game. I have a personal problem the head coach for allowing that flawed defense that has costs us to give up so many yards over the past few years to continue to be used.

Now here is a little Football 101:

When you play cover three you are giving up the short routes (hitches ect). When a team is exploiting this, you adjust by switching to cover two and put the corners in the flat to defend the short pass. For the life of me, I can't understand why we didn't do that.

Besides the fact that we were strategically ignorant on defense last night, our execution was also horrible. That's how you give up 49 points. An undersized linebacker has a tough time stopping the run in that defense so it is not entirely the players fault. I don't believe in basing players so I'm not going to mention any names, but, with the exception of Price, our inside linebacking corp needs to worry a little more about their play and a little less about jumping around on the sidelines yelling. There's nothing at all wrong with being fired up and trying to fire up your team and fans, but get out there on the field and knock that running backs head off. That's when people get fired up. That's what Rhea County Football is all about. Lead by example.

I had a chance to talk to an anonymous player this morning, and he said that the locker room environment before the game was terrible. People laughing and joking around playing grab "butt". That's discipline guys, plain and simple. This team has no strong leadership. Someone who the players respect has got to step up.

I couldn't agree more. Honestly I don't know how anyone who knows a dang thing about football could disagree. I think Cameron did a good job. I like these trick plays on offense, but when it comes down to it you gotta gave a base offense to run that is effective. The gimicky stuff only works for so long. I guess the honeymoon is over for Cameron Tallent. Welcome to playing against a talented team.

That was one of the worst defensively coached games I have ever seeen. It was embarrassing. Not the effort the boys gave but the stupid decisions the coaches made.

Love the signature Pride...ain't that the truth.

I couldn't agree more. Honestly I don't know how anyone who knows a dang thing about football could disagree. I think Cameron did a good job. I like these trick plays on offense, but when it comes down to it you gotta gave a base offense to run that is effective. The gimicky stuff only works for so long. I guess the honeymoon is over for Cameron Tallent. Welcome to playing against a talented team.

That was one of the worst defensively coached games I have ever seeen. It was embarrassing. Not the effort the boys gave but the stupid decisions the coaches made.

Love the signature Pride...ain't that the truth.

Pretty much sums up what I've seen in previous years. A lot of talent has went through that team and they should have been able to do amazing things in many years. Instead they have only managed to stand as mediocre at best. There's no excuse for this. I believe with the correct coaching, rhea may have seen at least one or two final or state appearances in the last 5 years.

Well let me start off by saying something we all can agree on (Hopefully). THOSE REFS WERE TERRIBLE. They are in the top five or so worst officiating crews that I have had the pleasure of watching over the years. Someone needs to report them, or however that process works.

Just to let everyone know the official who goes around and grades the crews was in the house last night for the game and he was not to happy last night. That crew stunk.

Yes sir, I do. I have a personal problem with those boys out there busting their balls day in and day out only to let their success be undermined by the coaching staff. I have a problem with not being able to make the in game adjustments needed to win the game. I have a personal problem the head coach for allowing that flawed defense that has costs us to give up so many yards over the past few years to continue to be used.

Now here is a little Football 101:

When you play cover three you are giving up the short routes (hitches ect). When a team is exploiting this, you adjust by switching to cover two and put the corners in the flat to defend the short pass. For the life of me, I can't understand why we didn't do that.

As for the rest you win as a team, you lose as a team. If anybody wants to play the blame game put it equally on everybody. The defense didn't adjust after getting punched in the mouth in the 3rd quarter, and players didn't execute plays they worked on all week. Honestly there was about 4 or 5 big plays that changed that game.

Besides the fact that we were strategically ignorant on defense last night, our execution was also horrible. That's how you give up 49 points. An undersized linebacker has a tough time stopping the run in that defense so it is not entirely the players fault. I don't believe in basing players so I'm not going to mention any names, but, with the exception of Price, our inside linebacking corp needs to worry a little more about their play and a little less about jumping around on the sidelines yelling. There's nothing at all wrong with being fired up and trying to fire up your team and fans, but get out there on the field and knock that running backs head off. That's when people get fired up. That's what Rhea County Football is all about. Lead by example.

I see some players being called out, chewed out, or sat down this week. Especially after listening to the coaches last night during film.

I had a chance to talk to an anonymous player this morning, and he said that the locker room environment before the game was terrible. People laughing and joking around playing grab "butt". That's discipline guys, plain and simple. This team has no strong leadership. Someone who the players respect has got to step up.

As for what happened in the locker room, the anonymous player forgot to mention when Fitz came in and chewed them out for playing around. Don't let 3 or 4 players determine what a team is. Those players that were playing around don't play.

But now to put this pride game behind us and move forward to Walker Valley in a game that matters.

I am pretty happy Cleveland got beat too along with Red Bank.

Just to let everyone know the official who goes around and grads the crews was in the house last night for the game and he was not to happy last night. That crew stunk.

As for the rest you win as a team, you lose as a team. If anybody wants to play the blame game put it equally on everybody. The defense didn't adjust after getting punched in the mouth in the 3rd quarter, and players didn't execute plays they worked on all week. Honestly there was about 4 or 5 big plays that changed that game.

I see some players being called out, chewed out, or sat down this week. Especially after listening to the coaches last night during film.

As for what happened in the locker room, the anonymous player forgot to mention when Fitz came in and chewed them out for playing around. Don't let 3 or 4 players determine what a team is. Those players that were playing around don't play.

But now to put this pride game behind us and move forward to Walker Valley in a game that matters.

Finally someone that is making some sense. That's right Rhea Co. last night is over Walker Valley is right now.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />