Franklin Rebels vs. Brentwood Bruins

huskergymnast33

What's that sound coming from the Franklin side?

Silence?

Crickets chirping?

Crow being served up fat and cold?

Visions of an undefeated waltz interrupted by the sudden stopping of the band (wagon)?

All those preposterous and outlandish predictions now shriveled into embarrassment?

All the chest thumping and visions of glory- now looking pretty silly and overdone.

The only sound you DO hear is the cheering from across the field.

How did it happen?????

Coaching and heart, coaching and heart.

Again.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Congratulations to Brentwood....Coach Crawford was right....we all got a great nights worth of football for only 5 bucks...

What's that sound coming from the Franklin side?

Silence?

Crickets chirping?

Crow being served up fat and cold?

Visions of an undefeated waltz interrupted by the sudden stopping of the band (wagon)?

All those preposterous and outlandish predictions now shriveled into embarrassment?

All the chest thumping and visions of glory- now looking pretty silly and overdone.

The only sound you DO hear is the cheering from across the field.

How did it happen?????

Coaching and heart, coaching and heart.

Again.

Congratulations to Brentwood....Coach Crawford was right....we all got a great nights worth of football for only 5 bucks...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldnt necessarily call last night a great night of football. Last nights game lacked a lot. both teams were sloppy at times and the rivalry between brentwood and franklin doesnt even come close to living up to what it used to be. Where was brentwoods fan base? Usually the oppostie sidellines is overflowing out of the bleachers. the bleachers were barely filled to capacity. Franklins student section was quiet at best. Couldnt even hear them from 3 sections over.

My question is, why in the world can franklin not beat brentwood at home but always find a way to beat them at brentwood. Franklins best bet now would be to finish second and have to play brentwood away. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way and hopefully you'll meet again.

Wouldnt necessarily call last night a great night of football. Last nights game lacked a lot. both teams were sloppy at times and the rivalry between brentwood and franklin doesnt even come close to living up to what it used to be. Where was brentwoods fan base? Usually the oppostie sidellines is overflowing out of the bleachers. the bleachers were barely filled to capacity. Franklins student section was quiet at best. Couldnt even hear them from 3 sections over.

My question is, why in the world can franklin not beat brentwood at home but always find a way to beat them at brentwood. Franklins best bet now would be to finish second and have to play brentwood away. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way and hopefully you'll meet again.

um last year franklin did not beat brentwood at home ?????

I have been around football for many years and i have played it in college. Last night was not a good game of football. Brentwood, good luck winning state with a quarterback who never throws and who cant throw. You will lose once you face a good run defense. And i dont call quick slants a good pass.

Franklin, seriously? i had high hope for yall. And to brentwood? thats pathetic. Brentwood could not have handled the schedule yall have played and yet you all still lose. McCallie and Hillsboro would tear bhs apart and yall beat them. Work on throwing the ball more. you cant always run.(Same goes to bhs). And franklin's quarterback needs to be more reliable. on the last drive 3 out of 4 of his passes were terrible. Lead your team and make passes.

What happened to respect? did i see a franklin coach pass out to the ground and bhs fans still standing? grow up.

I don't know what game you were watching because that was one of the most entertaining HS football games I've ever seen. Both teams did a great job of coming back at each other all night long. It was like a heavy-weight bout with the fans expecting a knockout at any time and both fighters hanging in till the end. Your criticisms of these teams is typical of a kicker who shows a soccer team's crest in their moniker, a friggin euro soccer team at that. Take your pu&&y soccer comments to another board and leave this one to football fans.

I don't know how you could've played Brentwood 5 times in four years and have them all played at BHS, but please don't answer because I really don't care what you have to say anyway.

Great job to both teams and especially to the BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what game you were watching because that was one of the most entertaining HS football games I've ever seen. Both teams did a great job of coming back at each other all night long. It was like a heavy-weight bout with the fans expecting a knockout at any time and both fighters hanging in till the end. Your criticisms of these teams is typical of a kicker who shows a soccer team's crest in their moniker, a friggin euro soccer team at that. Take your pu&&y soccer comments to another board and leave this one to football fans.

I don't know how you could've played Brentwood 5 times in four years and have them all played at BHS, but please don't answer because I really don't care what you have to say anyway.

Great job to both teams and especially to the BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ignorant response and typical of probably a player that sits on the bench. Played Brentwood 5 times at bwood because 3 years we met them in the playoffs and never played at franklin in the playoffs. so if you still need help counting, thats 2 years regular season, plus 3 years in the playoffs... 3+2=5!!!! and if you saw a great game last night then you certainly missed out on brentwood franklin games from 4 years ago and beyond that point. last night looked more like two glorified hs teams that are both one demensional and wont make it anywhere in the playoffs if they continue down that road. been there done that and moved on.

as for your soccer comments, your showing just how arrogant you truly are.

The very thought of Franklin beating Brentwood by 14 is a "wishful" thinking at best. BHS's Defense is stellar against the run, and was even able to handle the potent speed of a team like Centennial on the outside. I almost feel like the one loss against Ravenwood has qualifies the bruins as a second-rate team (tell that to Brentwood Academy... and nearly MBA) I would like to remind everyone that Brentwood is one of the best teams in the region and arguably in the mid-state. Brentwood was classified as the region-6(5A) front-runner. So if anyone is counting BHS out of the game before they have even arrived at the stadium...is out of their mind.

Brentwood is one of the most-well-balanced teams putting shoulder pads on when Friday night arrives. Coach Crawford will have his soldiers ready to march to war when the lights come on at Howard Gamble Stadium. Brentwood had their world rocked against Ravenwood, but the wake-up call was one of the best things that could have happened to BHS. The bruins bounced back against a superb Seigal team. The Franklin arrogance is nauseating, and Brentwood would be more than happy to "rock-Franklin's-world", and they will be ready to do just that...come Friday!

Franklin is about to receive one heckuva wake-up call

Outstanding and so very true post.

Franklin won't be stopped by Brentwood!

Franklin won't be stopped by Brentwood!

Oh but you were!!! I bet that offense had nightmares last of that BHS defensive line!!!

You do not think Franklin can play the full 4 Quarters????

are you crazy??

Oviously you do not know very much about what happened during the

McCallie game...

Franklin was down the entire game then at the end

in the 4TH QUARTER they pulled every thing together

just like they needed to pull out the victory and they did it without

hitting the "Panic Button" because they really dont need to hit it

they have everthing under control as you will see frriday night

And we did see Friday night.

1. Franklin did not play 4 quarters.

2. Team paniced and the coach paniced. Brentwood didn't panic.

3. Play calling on Franklins last drive with 45 seconds was pathetic

4. What happened to the 2 minute offense Franklin ran at the end of the 2nd quarter?

5. Turnovers as usual were key in this game as they were in last years

6. Franklin fans looked stupid in Camo an Black. Wear your school colors

7. Franklin has more talent - Brentwood is a better team

8. Brentwood's coach is better

9. Both teams will play again in the playoffs

most of the posts on this topic are hilarious.