Science Hill @ Tennessee High

THSVikings2004

This is off topic but could you elaborate a bit on Fredericks and Goforth and maybe compare them to Fletcher. And maybe an idea how the South D will deal with those two. Could you rank RB's you have seen the 'Toppers play so far.

Sure thing Comp: Fredericks is in the mold of a speed guy, won't really hit with you unless you force him to. Goforth didn't play much against us, but he offered a physical style. Fletcher is easily better than both. He is the best overall back that the Toppers have faced. Cody Forbes was tops in terms of speed. Keenan Sheppard is a good back, but he didn't have anybody blocking for him last night. In order it would be:

1) Fletcher

2) Fredericks

3) Forbes

4) Sheppard (because he has no line)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Coach Smith and the Toppers /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Coach is growing as he becomes part of his team and not the show himself. He has the talent and apparently the personal discipline to grow. Congrats again.

Wow one might think you gave him a compliment, which would be a surprise. I find it odd that you are a topper alumni and you continue to stab the program in the back. I don't get on here much to respond to such criticism of the football program, but I have read numerous post from you in the past and just thought I would throw in my 2-cents. You might not agree with Coach Smith and his methods, but I will say this I haven't seen you at one practice or team meeting so for you to speak about the inner workings of the program is ludacris and just uneducated.

Matcat one of your strengths is emotion and I have always wished the Toppers well. I hear nothing but positive things about Coach Smith on a very personal level. I have watched the Toppers play twice and 2 scrimmages and have seen Coach's demeanor improve inregard to demeanor. Maybe that is not the right word. Flamboyance (outer workings of the program). Whether it is reality or perception that is what I and literally many, many others saw or felt in Coach.

I always want the Toppers to be successful and to be successful, the coach must be the most successful cog in the program. Coach is going to be a good one for the Toppers. That O line is looking tough too, Jimmy. They were soft last year and you have them believing now. By the way Jimmy, loyalty to a program and to an individual are two different issues. The program has my loyalty, and I am learning to give loyalty to coach as he grows as a Topper. See you in wrestling season.

Would never stab anyone in the back

David Hollowell

Front door guy like you

When the Vikings raided North America in 500 B.C. they had a motto, "Run the football, stop the run." The Vikings today follow that same motto in honor of their forefathers. Mason Canty once told me, "hey rebelrebel man, when I grow up I want to be a Viking. I want to pillage and burn villages all over Scandanavia." God bless that kid for being a Viking today.

Matcat one of your strengths is emotion and I have always wished the Toppers well. I hear nothing but positive things about Coach Smith on a very personal level. I have watched the Toppers play twice and 2 scrimmages and have seen Coach's demeanor improve inregard to demeanor. Maybe that is not the right word. Flamboyance (outer workings of the program). Whether it is reality or perception that is what I and literally many, many others saw or felt in Coach.

I always want the Toppers to be successful and to be successful, the coach must be the most successful cog in the program. Coach is going to be a good one for the Toppers. That O line is looking tough too, Jimmy. They were soft last year and you have them believing now. By the way Jimmy, loyalty to a program and to an individual are two different issues. The program has my loyalty, and I am learning to give loyalty to coach as he grows as a Topper. See you in wrestling season.

Would never stab anyone in the back

David Hollowell

Front door guy like you

I to am a front door man and have made no attempts in trying to hide my identity, and yes I am emotional at times when it comes to athletic programs that I coach. Like Smith or not is fine by me but he is our head coach and the community should support him and not tear the program apart at the seams whenever the chance arises. We have a great group of young men this season as well as last year, and our coaches work their tail off each week to give this team the best opportunity to win the football game. I do agree with some of your points and do not fault you for all of our cristicism in the past. Each week I read how all is doubting the abilities of our kids and each week we have found a way to win the ballgame. We lost to a very strong Sullivan South team who has proven that for the past month, and the teams we have beaten are not shabby programs and will all in my opinion make the 4A playoffs this season. Again I say loyal or not to the coach he is what we have and the community can make the best of it or continue to throw apples. I guess that is what I consider a stab is when outsiders think they know the inner workings of the program and what is best for the program. We want what every other topper wants and that is to win and build a program that can be respected and loved by its community. Yes, we will see each other in wrestling this season a few times I imagine since Greeneville is hosting the region.

Jimmy Miller

Thank you for replying Jimmy. If you looked at my posts they never criticized the players, very complimentary about some, and I was agast at the personal attack on last years QB and stated so. I don't understand the interworkings of the program and never talked about that. I come from a proud time of the Topper program and I have an image of what a head coach's demeanor should be. Coach very much resembles that this year. He changed for some reason. Only he knows and I am glad.

It seems to be very much about Topper Pride which is a Topper Tradition and not coaches or individuals.

Good luck to you and the Team.

David

PS I played a very successful brand of ball with Coaches Ferrill and Watts (buddies), I known Coach Cody for 29 years and Babysat and spanked ( a small pop on the but., he was mean to his brothers) Coach Overbay. I pray for their success and have been hurt with what they have had to go through for many years.