Science Hill @ Tennessee High

THSVikings2004

D.W. Whitson!!!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> The kid is good! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oh OK, when we played them we had a weak D. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> But when you play them Whitson is good! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Well at least now we know Whitson is good and our D...well I guess it is a bit weak. /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" /> However North is the problem.

Science Hill has played the exact same game from week 0 'til now. The Vikings have not played since they left J Fred. They busted DB in the mouth 'til halftime. We won't talk about what happened then. They haven't been the same since. Well, welcome back Vikings...all had left you for dead. I know better. Science Hill looses 28-21. 'Toppers, you are good this year...but you are better than your coach's ability. He doesn't see the true value you have. He only sees the blue light special.

And as far as the Mitchell kid...he has extreme potential. Potential. He has a lot to learn about running the ball. But as Cap said, "Don't kick to him whatever you do!"

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly there were several boneheaded decisions made by both coaches last year??¦the football Gods were just on the Vikings side that night. On paper the Vikings are way over matched in my opinion especially given the less than impressive performances by THS this year. I think both coaches grew from last years game. Stubbs has a more ballanced attack and Smith...well...at least he's winning games. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Stop Kinley and you stop SH period. He doesn??™t like to throw the ball but is perfectly capable. The Vikings almost need a duplicate of the game plan that was necessary in stopping South last year to stop the HILL this year. Kinley is surrounded by very capable players but Coach Smith will call his number 8 out of 10 times. The Vikings fare well against rushing QBs but obviously struggle against a QB with an arm. Coach Smith could probably blow this game wide open by going to his backup QB and putting Kinley at receiver along with Smith. Larry hasn??™t had good games in the passed against the Vikings but would be the biggest weapon in this game if I were coaching??¦Vikings have NO defense against his size and speed in our secondary outside of Young., so Young will more than likely draw the short straw and get that assignment all night long. I personally think Coach Smith will try to ride his horse all night long as he has this entire season, so this one will be a head knocker that will come down to turnovers and special teams. Oh??¦and I would hope that we would not kick to Mitchell. BIG mistake if you do. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Spot-On! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

D.W. Whitson!!!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> The kid is good! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Cap1, good to hear from you. I always enjoy what you, THSViking2004, comp, and even WaCo bring to the boards. You all always provide good insight on the teams that you support, and even alot of teams that I haven't been able to see this season. This is always helpful in gauging the team I support against teams that I am not always familiar with since I'm not in the fieldhouse watching film of them anymore. One thing I've been wondering, what is up with KS? I've heard that TN High has alot of injuries this season. Is he injured or has he just not been getting press this year? THSViking2004 can help me out with this one too. Posting with TN High and DB fans is fun every year, and I'm glad that you guys follow your teams hardcore. It's refreshing to see that some people still keep an eye on their squads and give great info, almost scouting reports, of what to expect when they take the field. Thanks guys. Go Toppers!

I...I dont really know what to think going into friday. If Tallman is hurt that could really hinder the offense of THS (even though they dont use him as much as they should) But I think Harmon will come around this week and our passing game could take a little step. Keenan has been productive all year and I look for him to keep doing that. But honestly, IMO, running the kid 37 times in one game is going to get him hurt. He needs about 80% percent of that and let Simmons get the rest. He is an extraordinary "backup" who is very capable of hitting the holes and breaking tackles. As for the defense, this is where I get worried. If SHHS has even a mediocre night passing we are in trouble. Our d-backs better respect the pass this game or its gonna be a long night. With all of this said, I think THS pulls it out again. THS-28 SHHS- 24

Science Hill has played the exact same game from week 0 'til now. The Vikings have not played since they left J Fred. They busted DB in the mouth 'til halftime. We won't talk about what happened then. They haven't been the same since. Well, welcome back Vikings...all had left you for dead. I know better. Science Hill looses 28-21. 'Toppers, you are good this year...but you are better than your coach's ability. He doesn't see the true value you have. He only sees the blue light special.

And as far as the Mitchell kid...he has extreme potential. Potential. He has a lot to learn about running the ball. But as Cap said, "Don't kick to him whatever you do!"

I agree with you that the Toppers are better than their coach's ability. I know Coach Smith, and I like him as a person, but as coach, he is constantly trying to outscheme his opponents. Coach Bowles simply lined up, ran the ball, threw in a couple play actions, and tried to outplay the other team. It worked. We had pretty good seasons my sophomore and junior years, but then Coach Smith came. I don't want to say that Coach Smith is the only reason that we tanked last year, he didn't take one snap all season, but there were alot of questionable calls last season. IMO, we were about 8 plays from being 7-3, instead of 3-7. South, Bearden, and DB were the games where we were simply outmatched. Karns, well, nobody fumbles twice in the 4th trying to run the clock out, and NOBODY EVER has both of those fumbles returned for TDs. I like what Coach Smith is doing this year, Kinley was effective as a back and a WR last season, but at QB he has many more chances to make game changing plays. Bringing in Norris is good in that it gives the defense a different look with a classic drop back guy. Still think that he should be more cautious on 4th down and take FGs in the redzone, especially with MacAuley back from injury. The kid didn't miss ANYTHING last season, and he is also one of the leading tacklers on our kickoff team though he is 5'11 140. The other kicker is a soccer player, and this was his first year on the football team. He had a couple rough outings while Brandon was hurt, but now that he is back, COACH SMITH TAKE THE POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Points don't hurt, 4th down turnovers do. Kick it to Mitchell, and this isn't a knock on TN High coverage, but he has the speed and vision to take it to the house every time. Having Corey Macpherson and Isaac Kinley back there doesn't hurt either, but Mitchell is the gamebreaker. He is raw as a back, but his special teams skills are very well developed. I can't wait to get up to the Castle and watch this one unfold. TN High plays with much more confidence at home, and anything can happen, that is why they play the games.

Science Hill:17 TN High: 13

An average team vs. a good team. Should be easy to understand what I am talking about. A bunch of athletes vs. a few. The Viking O and D lines can not hold up in this one. Lets face it Vikes its just not your year. Another contest that could get out of hand quick. Suvey says.......... Toppers 39 Vikings 14

Good Luck to Both

Pierson, Pendleton, Green, Wilson, Tallman, Tilley... am I missing anyone? Some players have returned others are out. All of the injuries are making it real difficult to expect the Vikings to successfully compete with some teams, Science Hill being one of them. Tallman, who I believe is the most or 2nd most valuable player for the Vikes, will be missed this week on offense and defense if he doesn't play. We're down to the 3rd string fullback. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Pierson, Pendleton, Green, Wilson, Tallman, Tilley... am I missing anyone? Some players have returned others are out. All of the injuries are making it real difficult to expect the Vikings to successfully compete with some teams, Science Hill being one of them. Tallman, who I believe is the most or 2nd most valuable player for the Vikes, will be missed this week on offense and defense if he doesn't play. We're down to the 3rd string fullback. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

'04, is Tallman #44.

Oh OK, when we played them we had a weak D. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> But when you play them Whitson is good! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Well at least now we know Whitson is good and our D...well I guess it is a bit weak. /sleep.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="-_-" border="0" alt="sleep.gif" /> However North is the problem.

Hey, Comp, I know you and Cap are like brothers, but come on----you've seen them both play. Do you really think Vikes will win this one?? I pick Toppers by 13.

Hey, Comp, I know you and Cap are like brothers, but come on----you've seen them both play. Do you really think Vikes will win this one?? I pick Toppers by 13.

Comp knows??¦you never kick a (good) team when they??™re down. Especially went you still have to play em /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> . With this years Viking group (players and coaches) you truly don??™t know what to expect from week to week. They are trying so many different things to try and compensate for injuries you just never know. One thing I do know is that we have the tools to compete (the first half against DB proved that to me). I have seen SH and South play and even with the Vikings struggles, they will both have to bring their A game to get out with a win. People also overlook the ???match up??? factor which I believe will be more of an equalizing factor in the SH game more so than the South. There are things that have caused the Vikings problems that I don??™t see SH bringing to the table. On offense the Viking coaching staff has opened it up quite a bit in comparison??¦so stopping Keenan isn??™t going to be as easy as loading up the box anymore. SH opening offensive possession will set the tone of this game. If the Vikings can keep them off the board early they will make a game of it. If they allow Kinley to break loose and make a big play??¦it??™s going to be a long night (probably in the rain). /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />